Is there intelligent life out there ?

tonyh29

Is there other intelligent life out there ?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Is there other intelligent life out there ?

• Yes - All Hail our new insect overlords
    • No - We are all alone

The big question is, how would the christians react if we found life on another planet? get them to join the e.union. then find them jobs :D

Well, we'd all be wrong, if it was proven that tehre was intelectual life on another planet other than earth, that would prove the Bible wrong, but it wouldnt change my stance on there being a God.

It's odd that people of science now appear to be arguing for the existence of something they can neither touch or see and there is absolutely no evidence to support it's existence....

Yet they scoff at someone who apply that same set of criteria to the existence of intelligent life in the Universe in the form of a Creator &

his organisation...

Presumably alien abduction tales hold far more weight that the writings of 40 men in 66 books through thousands of years??!!

Thought so!

Hello Mr Strawman, how are you doing today.

People aren't saying that intelligent life DEFINITELY exists elsewhere, just that it's extremely likely to based on what we know about the universe.

Think of it like this, the universe is a roulette wheel, where the ball is being spun an infinite amount of times. For life to exist, the ball has to land on red.... say.... a million times in a row. What are the chances of that? Pretty damn small right? But, because we're spinning it an infinite amount of times we can be pretty damn sure it'll happen. Infact it will happen many times. The great thing is that within that infinite string of spins there will even be an infinite string of the ball landing on red! There'll also be an infinite string of it landing on black! Such is the nature of infinity.

The universe is constantly expanding, constantly creating and destroying worlds, so say that our planet is unique amongst them is pretty damn foolish.

You know, after seeing the millionth chart in that exact same format saying the exact same thing but set out differently, it loses a wee bit of its funny 8)
Who said it was funny?

It's just true.

It's odd that people of science now appear to be arguing for the existence of something they can neither touch or see and there is absolutely no evidence to support it's existence....

Yet they scoff at someone who apply that same set of criteria to the existence of intelligent life in the Universe in the form of a Creator &

his organisation...

Presumably alien abduction tales hold far more weight that the writings of 40 men in 66 books through thousands of years??!!

Thought so!

People aren't saying that intelligent life DEFINITELY exists elsewhere, just that it's extremely likely to based on what we know about the universe.

Think of it like this, the universe is a roulette wheel, where the ball is being spun an infinite amount of times. For life to exist, the ball has to land on red.... say.... a million times in a row. What are the chances of that? Pretty damn small right? But, because we're spinning it an infinite amount of times we can be pretty damn sure it'll happen. Infact it will happen many times. The great thing is that within that infinite string of spins there will even be an infinite string of the ball landing on red! There'll also be an infinite string of it landing on black! Such is the nature of infinity.

The universe is constantly expanding, constantly creating and destroying worlds, so say that our planet is unique amongst them is pretty damn foolish.

It would be foolish if you beleived that this earth was created by chance that there isnt other life out there.

If you believe that we were created, then its not so foolish at all.

his organisation...

Thought so!

It would be foolish if you beleived that this earth was created by chance that there isnt other life out there.

Planet. You do know what a planet is don't you?

Unless you're saying that God has a patent on Earth and so nature avoids making any earth sized lumps of rock and putting them in orbit around a Sun sized star just in case God sues?

his organisation...

Thought so!

Unless you're saying that God has a patent on Earth and so nature avoids making any earth sized lumps of rock and putting them in orbit around a Sun sized star just in case God sues?

Sorry, thought you were capable of having some sort of normal discussion without resorting to sarcasm + down talking.

his organisation...

Thought so!

Sorry, thought you were capable of having some sort of normal discussion without resorting to sarcasm + down talking.

Only when talking to people capable of basic reading comprehension.

You obviously weren't paying enough attention if you still believe in fairy stories.

:|

So you were told in School that God doesnt exist were you? Must have missed that.

I'm pretty sure I was told to make up my own mind.

You obviously weren't paying enough attention if you still believe in fairy stories.

:|

So you were told in School that God doesnt exist were you? Must have missed that.

I'm pretty sure I was told to make up my own mind.

No, I wasn't.

However in making up my own mind I realised like most right thinking people that hey, this stuff is evidenced... and this stuff isn't.

I honestly believe anyone who couldn't make that same judgement, is either stupid, gullible, or wasn't paying enough attention.

Sorry if that's harsh or offensive.

I was never told Father Christmas didn't exist either. Worked that one out myself too.

It comes under the "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" requirement.

If my Dad ever comes into my room with a God suit on trying to fool me, I'll be sure to start doubting.

Â