• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said he is (well I thought it was 60) but when you think logically, it makes sense.

He has been in the top flight for 13 yrs.

He has moved from Leic / Liverpool / Blues / Wigan / Villa - each time, obviously getting an increase.

He is (somehow) one of the first names on the England team sheet.

It only stands to reason , he will be on high wages.

Don't make it bloody right though !

Paul you are obviously getting wound up but just because you say FACT doesn't actually make it so does it?

Er with Mr Osbourne - it is, and I know it is 100%.

I cant say how, just trust me, it is !

Below

You are taking that off a Daily Mirror transfer thread. Pure speculation !.

If you search long enough (coz I have as I have tried to get the Deloitte link) you will see 45 , 50, 60, 65, 80 and one one (get this) 160,000 !!!!

they are all just crap !

heskey and milner are both on 45k per week.

ashley young is top earner with 65k.

man city will probably offer him 90k -at least

i hope we can hold on to him, we can give our best players to our rivals.

if he stays, he will sign an extension for 70k tops.

the money city is offering is very tempting for any player- it will be very tough..

I was thiinking about this possible team at work today:

--------------------Agbonlahor--------------------------

--------------------------R. Keane----------------------

young-----------Ireland-------Carrick------------Bentley

Warnock--------Dunne--------Collins----------M. Richards

--------------------------Friedel---------------------------

Wow, two central midfielders who aren't as good as our current central midfielders, a striker who isn't as good as our current striker and a passable right-side with the combined IQ of a tractor tyre.

Be still my beating heart.

One of the papers today estimated Heskey's weekly wage at 50k.

What was even more bonkers was us giving him a 3 and a half year deal when he signed so we could quite easily endure him for another two seasons given his age. :shock: :cry:

Paul you are obviously getting wound up but just because you say FACT doesn't actually make it so does it?

Was this as 100% as your assertation that Eboué, Rosicky, Carrick and Rodwell were all better than Milner?

It's still worth repeating it's so hilarious.

Was this as 100% as your assertation that Eboué, Rosicky, Carrick and Rodwell were all better than Milner?

You see you are talking shite when you come out with stuff like that.

Who do you trust as a manager.

Me ?

O'Neill ?

Fergusun ?

Mancini ?

Ancelotti ?

Now personally, although I reckon I could be a successful premier league manager, I trust Ancelotti and Fergusun to be "not too shabby"

Now, they both left Barry alone (even though they had the chance)

They are both leaving Milner alone

But they are tapping up Rodwell like bloody mad !.

Now personally, just coz you just see B6 as the be-all and end-all of football (well, actually, so do I) , I also look around and see that other clubs have players that are actually better than ours.

And believe me, Jack Rodwell will be the next Ryan Giggs at Man U !

Don't blelieve me if you want. But I think I'd trust Fergie a little ! Just open your eyes a little will ya, I presume you were one of those saying last year that Ashley Young was 10 times the player of Nani and valencia !

You see you are talking shite when you come out with stuff like that.

Who do you trust as a manager.

Me ?

O'Neill ?

Fergusun ?

Mancini ?

Ancelotti ?

Now personally, although I reckon I could be a successful premier league manager, trust Ancelotti and Fergusun to be "not too shabby"

Now, they both left Barry alone (even though they had the chance)

They are both leaving Milner alone

But they are tapping up Rodwell like bloody mad !.

Now personally, just coz you just see B6 as the be-all and end-all of football (well, actually, so do I) , I also look around and see that other clubs have players that are actually better than ours.

And believe me, Jack Rodwell will be the next Ryan Giggs at Man U !

Don't blelieve me if you want. But I think I'd trust Fergie a little !

All managers make mistakes. Your arguement makes no sense.

Your basically saying because they haven't gone in for Milner, that means that they don't rate them above Eboue etc....:lol:

Yet Wenger don't just go: "Heck, Eboue is good, I prefer Young, i'll spend £25 million on him to replace Eboue on the bench" they obviously have to buy players to fit the team, some more expensive than others to fit different roles.

Do you think we bought Habib Beye because he's the best right back we could get, no, we bought him as back up and he was cheap.

Also it's pretty clear United don't have much money and Ferguson said at maximum, he will buy only one player so just because the 1 player he buys isn't Milner doesn't mean he's not better than Carrick.

He probably won't buy Modric, Arteta, Gerrard....doesn't mean there not as good as Carrick. :?

Also, left Barry alone, well wait, Capello, that top class manager plays Barry infront of Carrick.......so different world class managers, different opinions no?

No i am saying just coz you think Jack Rodwell isn;t as good as Milner, doesn't mean he isn't.

Here is a shock for you - at this time Milner IS NOT as good as Gareth Barry, never mind the "world class" player some say he is.

Milner is good. He has had a very good season. But at this moment, he has acheived nothing. He is not this "unbelievable" central midfielder people are making him out to be.

Have a look through the match threads, since Xmas, there are plenty that were saying he needed to go back to the wing and NRC needed to come back in the centre.

Milner will stay in my opinion, and I truly hope he goes on to be as good for us as David Platt was. But, at this minute - he isn;t - and thats the truth.

He got fans player of the season this year - he didn't get the players - Dunne did. Last year Petrov got it, closely followed by Luke Young.

Milner has had a few "not bad" seasons, followed by a very good one. Only time will tell if he becomes consistant. Remember it was only 4 yrs ago we all thought Steven Davis was going to be the next Gordon Cowans, in fact, come to that, Ashley Young was YpotY last season, being linked to all and sundry, including Arsenal, and this year people have been slagging him off left right and centre !.

All I am saying is Milner is not the player some are making him out to be (yet anyway) and like it or not, there are players out there, playing just as well without all the hype.

There is always one "english" goalie and one outfield player hyped every season, especially world cup year - think Walcott !). This year it is Milner and Hart - go back through time, usually 50% of them go onto better things (Rooney for example) some die a death (Richard Wright, Rob Green, Micah Richards (yes remember how he was the new Bobby Moore !)

Time will tell which one Milner is - but at the moment he is just "up and coming"

Rodwell is NOT better than Milner, potentially he is and for his age he is very good. The reason he is wanted is because of his potential to be a brilliant player and the fact that whatever the price it's probably going to value for money given the years ahead of him.