• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we'd still need to replace Milner. Ireland doesnt really replace Milner.

I also have doubts Santa Cruz can walk to the post office without injuring himself.

The best strategy, I think, is to keep Milner and build a side around him.

I'm also fairly certain that is exactly what is going to happen.

id say 20m + ireland and santa cruz

then we can use the 20m to get another top class striker in, someone like huntelarr and flog heskey off

And who is going to replace Milner? Surely the 20m will have to be spent on a direct replacement for Milner?

If you think Ireland is a good replacement for Milner then you have been watching a completely different Ireland to me.

id say 20m + ireland and santa cruz

then we can use the 20m to get another top class striker in, someone like huntelarr and flog heskey off

And who is going to replace Milner? Surely the 20m will have to be spent on a direct replacement for Milner?

If you think Ireland is a good replacement for Milner then you have been watching a completely different Ireland to me.

This.

I don't get some people, they think the transfer market is as easy as football manager. How about, not sell Milner at all? I don't want Ireland or Santa Cruz, I want Jimmy Milner!

ireland is a good little player and i think we need a striker badly and i think santa cruz would do well.

your telling me we cant find a great cm for 20m or so? i think we can. even if we use the whole 20m up one i think milner is replaceable. good wingers are more diffcult

This.

I don't get some people, they think the transfer market is as easy as football manager. How about, not sell Milner at all? I don't want Ireland or Santa Cruz, I want Jimmy Milner!

:lol: just because you dont agee with my opinion dont start the whol football maanger comparison!

i would rather not sell milner either but if we had to i would accept 20m an dthe two i mentioned

I think a lot of fans see that Milner has it in him to be a world class player, he is of the Gerrard type player, SAF see's it as well, against Chelsea in the semi he was arguable the best midfielder on the park, thats why he is considered a great player (not yet world class). If he joins manure he will become world class and i believe one of the best English players, behind Rooney.

If however a bid around £30m was offfered, by whoever, then i would be tempted if i was MON. Problem would be what message does that send out to our other ambitious players, Young, Gabby, Downing..........it may make them want to leave for greener pastures.

I think a lot of fans see that Milner has it in him to be a world class player, he is of the Gerrard type player, SAF see's it as well, against Chelsea in the semi he was arguable the best midfielder on the park, thats why he is considered a great player (not yet world class). If he joins manure he will become world class and i believe one of the best English players, behind Rooney.

If however a bid around £30m was offfered, by whoever, then i would be tempted if i was MON. Problem would be what message does that send out to our other ambitious players, Young, Gabby, Downing..........it may make them want to leave for greener pastures.

I'd carry Downing on my back to Citeh for £10m let alone £30m!

Its not even so much how good Milner is, and the actim stats have him as the 4th best midfielder in the league last season, but how important he is to us.

We're a football club and the team is paramount and Milner is paramount to the team. We dont need to sell him, therefore we wont. And in the very, very unlikely scenario we are convinced to sell it would be for several times his actual value. Especially if that is to a direct rival.

Nobody is saying he's World Class, yet.

19.09.2006 The Day Aston Villa FC awoke from its coma

Yeah, but we still need to sell our best players to buy new players

so we are still in some kind of coma

No we dont.

19.09.2006 The Day Aston Villa FC awoke from its coma

Yeah, but we still need to sell our best players to buy new players

so we are still in some kind of coma

I never get these statements. We haven't yet so what is the point in saying it until we have?

Why does everyone all of a sudden think Milner is a world class player...hes not!!

I think the thing is with this whole situation you have the hottest "New" property in Engish football who has had his stock beefed up by Capello, MON & the media. He was 4th best midfielder last year (as quoted by the post above) & that is ahead of many "World Class" midfielders whom he also has a few years advantage on age wise.

Man City are trying to "bully" him away from us BEFORE the World cup as they know darned well his price could double after it if he has a good tournament & every man & his dog could be after him then too.... All risks they don't want to face clearly.

As for the "why is everyone saying he is world class" well i don't think anyone really is but he has three things even more important than that.

1. He has the "Potential" to be world class very soon with years still ahead of him unlike most of the "world class" central midfielders out there.

2. He undoubtably has the work ethic, attitude & determination to fulfill that potential as is abundantly clear to everybody.

3. He is English & we have the new "8 Brit rule" coming in.

Those 3 things for me are what make him such a hot property not that anyone is saying he is world class?

Its ok saying that we should keep our best players and add quality. Where would that quality play? Will MON drop Ashley, Petrov, Agbonlahor, Downing, Milner, if we bring that quality in? I happen to think that he won't, even if those players are suffering from bad form.

This is why i worry that it will be hard to convince those players with extra quality, to come to our club. Luke Young and Reo Coker want to get away for that very reason. MON has his favourites and thats the way it will stay unless those players pick up a bad injury.

The arrogance of those pricks on Bluemoon is unbelievable, half of them actually think they've already signed him, even including him in formations for next season, **** retards.

Milner wont be going anywhere imo, he'll sign a new contract in the non too distant future.

Sorry, but in my opinion

Gerrard , Lampard, Scholes , Giggs, Essien, Arshavin, Ballack , Modric, Hargreaves, J Cole, Fabregas, Barry, Nasri, Ballack (and a few others but I think I've proved my point)

Yes - they are better than Milner, and if you don't , you are having a laugh.

However, again :bang: what I am saying is - it don't matter how good they are, because they are so good, tghey wouldn't consider the Villa.

However, there are players that are far far far better than Milner out there, who if we sold him for 30m, we could get at half the price.

Just another one into the ring. And a) we have been linked with him , B) Now Cesc is going to Barca , he is virtually guarenteed being available.

Alex Hleb !

or similar with Madrid looking at midfielders - Van de Vaart

Vdv only slightly older than Milner, better in ability , similar role - half price.

Can I please get this through to people once and for all.

I like James Milner, all I am saying is he is by no means "great" - he is good , there are plenty on here hailing him as "the best" that were saying in January - he doesn't cut it in central midfield , we need NRC back.

30m - for a 24 yr old that is still seen as "potential" is not to be sniffed at when you can get world class players of a similar position (look at Arshavin) for half the price

And that is all !

I'm having a laugh???

You're listing players who are way past their best, Hargreaves can hardly walk let alone run, we had the best of Barry, Ballack has had an ordinary season and Cole has had a bit part season. Scholes only played at the end of the season because Carrick was crap and Fergie fell out with Anderson.

Milner has had a better season as an individual than all of the players I've mentioned.

never get these statements. We haven't yet so what is the point in saying it until we have?

Sorry, I mean IF we sell him, we need to keep him and add quality players without selling our best

There is a big difference between, having to sell, and accepting a offer to good to refuse.

for £30m id sell.

30m - for a 24 yr old that is still seen as "potential" is not to be sniffed at when you can get world class players of a similar position (look at Arshavin) for half the price

And that is all !

Can we really attract these so called 'world class' players?