What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Get a grip! How do you know MON isn't hard at work? How on earth do you know that we're going to leave it to deadline day?

We have months to wait before the start of the season and you're already worried we're being left behind. What about all the other teams who are doing nothing in the Prem?

he has a point though. mons been heer 4 years and every summers been the same we end up levaing it last minute and doing panic buys like shorey and harewood

hopefully milner doesnt leave. there is no way we will accept a bid of 20m, he is worth more than that

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that yes it is early.

But why on earth is the summer (and it is EVERY summer) dominated on who the Villa are going to sell !.

Milner this year, Barry last, Young the year before, even Gabby to Arsenal etc...

Also, add in the "Buy to sell policy" and the "We won't sell the shirt cheap, if we haven't got a deal we like, we will stick with what we have got" and, to me, and maybe to players, it may seem as if Villa are totally unprepared.

As long as it all comes out in the wash, fair play, but I got to be honest, I can't understand why MON only had a meeting with Lerner last week to discuss what was needed.

Personally

I HAVE SEEN WHAT WE HAVE NEEDED FOR 18 MONTHS

Surely to god, we should have been ready and strike quickly.

A lot of years, people say "Yeah, well you name me a deal thats going through"

Well this year (presumably because of the World Cup) deals are being done early as, with Capello, national managers will not let deals to take place once training is started.

Villa to Barca , Cesc in talks with Barca

Blues medical with Foster , 8m bid for N Zogbia

Arsenal do deal for Chamak

Spurs do deal with Santos

Man City bid for Milner

Cahill signs Everton contract

Villa

Lerner issues sell to buy policy

Lerner warns off Liverpool over O'Neill

Man City bid for Milner

Villa say they are happy to wait until after World Cup for contract talks with Milner

NRC tells Villa he will sit and wait until his contract ends.

Villa still haven't got a shirt sponsor.

I would love it, for just once, if it was us taking the initiative on things and some positives came out of the club for once It seems as if 2months, and 30 days of the transfer window is spent panicking when you are a Villa fan.

MON must know who the hell he wants - why not go and get him , and in turn, increase peoples expectations, and just maybe, season ticket sales !

Negative - probably yes

But don't tell me you ain't worried when all you hear at the moment is negative stuff !

But why on earth is the summer (and it is EVERY summer) dominated on who the Villa are going to sell !.

Milner this year, Barry last, Young the year before, even Gabby to Arsenal etc...

Also, add in the "Buy to sell policy" and the "We won't sell the shirt cheap, if we haven't got a deal we like, we will stick with what we have got" and, to me, and maybe to players, it may seem as if Villa are totally unprepared.

As long as it all comes out in the wash, fair play, but I got to be honest, I can't understand why MON only had a meeting with Lerner last week to discuss what was needed.

Personally

Well this year (presumably because of the World Cup) deals are being done early as, with Capello, national managers will not let deals to take place once training is started.

Man City bid for Milner

Villa

Man City bid for Milner

Villa say they are happy to wait until after World Cup for contract talks with Milner

I would love it, for just once, if it was us taking the initiative on things and some positives came out of the club for once It seems as if 2months, and 30 days of the transfer window is spent panicking when you are a Villa fan.

MON must know who the hell he wants - why not go and get him , and in turn, increase peoples expectations, and just maybe, season ticket sales !

Negative - probably yes

But don't tell me you ain't worried when all you hear at the moment is negative stuff !

Completely agree.

City make Milner move

Skysports.com understands Manchester City have tabled a big money offer for Aston Villa winger James Milner.

The England international enjoyed a sparkling 2009/10 campaign, considerably raising his profile.

Reports in January speculated that a number of top clubs were keeping tabs on the talented 24-year-old, with it widely believed that there is still more to come from him in the future.

City have now made the first move, and it is believed that Roberto Mancini is willing to part with around £20million to take the reigning PFA Young Player of the Year to Eastlands.

It is easy to understand why the Blues are so keen on the former Leeds and Newcastleman, as he has just finished his most productive season to date.

A respectable return of 12 goals from midfield marks him out as a useful addition to any side, while his versatility can also prove priceless.

Busy summer

Milner is able to operate on either flank or at full-back, while he blossomed in the centre of midfield for Villa since being shifted inside by Martin O'Neill.

He has been included in Fabio Capello's preliminary squad for this summer's World Cup and is widely regarded as a shoo-in to make the final cut.

Villa have yet to respond to the offer on the table from City but will be reluctant to part with their key performers.

Unfortunately for O'Neill, there are plenty of other teams rumoured to be ready to make a move and he could be in for a busy summer.

Premier League champions Chelsea are also said to be keen on Milner and they could be tempted to chance their arm in an effort to prevent one of their rivals from strengthening their squad.

Sorry if i'm late on this but couldn't see quotes a couple pages back!

Personally

Man City bid for Milner

Villa

Man City bid for Milner

Negative - probably yes

I think last summer taught us to calm down and see what we are like on Spetember 1st, regarding transfers.

So a much older Gareth Barry with one year left can fetch 12M

But the current young player of the year, and hotest prospect in the league can only command a fee of 20M. It would take 30M for us to start talking IMO

I definitely have sympathy for paulanddonya's point of view there. As a fan it is annoying not to be signing players early and being able to don the new shirt in June amongst other things. However, as frustrating as our methods may be, we have improved year on year so our way is working. It's just different.

All I am saying is that if he wants to go then he will go, that in this day and age the decision is resting more on the player than anyone else.

Just as Gareth Barry got his own way during the summer of 2008?!?

Seems you may be a little hasty in assuming it's all down to what the player wants.

Gareth Barry wanted to leave that summer and wanted to play for Liverpool, hence the reason why discussions began. He made those discussions start by wanting to leave, not Aston Villa.

When it became apparent that Liverpool did not want him as much as we wanted him he then came to an agreement that he would remain with us and serve us loyally for one further year to see if we could make champions league. This we did not do and so as good as our word he went.

Make no mistake, he wanted to go and this forced our hand a little. The issue was in bargaining it was not our decision to enter the discussions based on their offer but more the fact that he wanted to go, or else why were there several offers made that summer.

People ae very naive if they believe that players do not hold the biggest say in terms of whether they want to go or not.

Just realized I'm 2 hours late on this. Sorry for the link a page back. :lol:

Man City are rocket polishers though, they buy the teams around them best players. Lescott, Milner, Barry etc. They are 100% rocket polishers. I don't want the **** money or their overrated dirty cocky players (Bellamy, Ireland). Keep Milner and **** them off, MON!

Back on Milner - I don't think there is a chance in hell of Milner going to Man City.

However, what this may be , is his agent flushing out other interested parties - ie: Man U and Chelsea.

Both need midfielders this year (Giggs , Scholes not getting any younger and Hargreaves / Carrick maybe not trusted to complete a season. Ballack presumably going back to Germany).

Now I don't want to lose Milner, no way in this world, but it's like Berbatov - if he does go, it may not be a bad thing.

Lets say we can get 24m plus either Carrick or Hargreaves (both probably as good as Milner if older) , then use the money to buy class replacements , like Ireland, Santa Cruz, Sturridge, maybe even Bent etc..etc... (put your own names in)

Maybe it would be a blessing. However use the money to buy Carlton Cole and James Beattie - now that is a different matter !

People ae very naive if they believe that players do not hold the biggest say in terms of whether they want to go or not.

This. If milner decides he wants to leave then he'll be sold full stop. Whether he wants to leave or not is up to him. I can't say I'd blame him if he did want to leave, he'd probably triple his wages at Citeh.

However, what this may be , is his agent flushing out other interested parties - ie: Man U and Chelsea.

He doesn't have an agent.

He must have someone representing him !

He just doesn't turn up one day and do a deal for 50 thousand a week !!

The PFA provide a free service to all members for contract negotiations most players just choose to get an agent instead. The Neville sisters use the PFA service as well as milner.