The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Wrestlign in general got a bit watered down after 2000.

Obviously I'm biased as it was when I was at prime viewing age for wrestling. BUt I'd say those years from 1998 to 2000 (actually, to be fair probably up to 2001, WM 17 was still immense) were the absolute peak of WWF.

I was obsessed with it back then.

Basically, the "Invasion" marked the point where it went downhill for me. Even though I enjoyed that storyline at the time, I think the fact SO many wrestlers were subsequently on the roster didn't help. I didn't like the Raw/Smackdown split and that was around the time I stopped watching.

Meh, you are all wrong.  Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior is where pro wrestling peaked! 

Yes, I'm old.  But the top two faces in the company meeting at Wrestlemania with both titles on the like?  This was epic!

Edited by The_Rev

You may well be right, but unfortunately that was before my time.

FWIW, my interest in wrestling is almost solely down to WWF Warzone on the N64. If it wasn't for me borrowing that game off my friend I'd have never gotten into it.

Need a WcW to push the Wwe   ...+ the talent pool is at an all time low 

Also I noticed from flicking on sky 1 ...they dont seem to show guys getting hit with chairs etc now days ...its gone a bit to PG

Also I noticed from flicking on sky 1 ...they dont seem to show guys getting hit with chairs etc now days ...its gone a bit to PG

To be fair it was always like that before the watershed.

It has gone PG these days. But even in the attitude era they didn't show that stuff apart from the late shows. I used to hate that.

And if there was any blood they'd show it in black and white :)

To be fair it was always like that before the watershed.

It has gone PG these days. But even in the attitude era they didn't show that stuff apart from the late shows. I used to hate that.

And if there was any blood they'd show it in black and white :)

Jeez i mist be real old then I remember watching the highlights of say hardcore matches on sky 1 on a saturday morning

I agree with the watered down nonsense. The chair shots getting a freeze frame then going back to the match etc.. were crap.

Bring back the good old days with the casual swearing, finger slipping, Diva swimsuit competitions and the Miss Kitty boobie flash ;)

Those were the good old days :D

But as I said, those freeze frame chair shots happened back then too!

During the day on Sky1 they did, yeah. Not on the Monday Night RAW/RAW is WAR though. Does it freeze frame on the night shows these days?

During the day on Sky1 they did, yeah. Not on the Monday Night RAW/RAW is WAR though. Does it freeze frame on the night shows these days?

I don't think so. But I haven't watched much in ages so I can't say.

I assumed by MV saying he flicked over to SKy 1 that he was referring to a day time show

No, but chair shots to the head are completely banned.

Last nights Raw looked very interesting, some good stuff lined up for Vince to ruin.

Ziggler and Punk face turns due to the crowd reactions it seems (doesn't work for Cena though).

Punk v's Lesnar

Daniel Bryan on a singles push.

McMahon/HHH family fued

Oh, one thing I noticed when I watched for about 5 minutes on Saturday when my mate was round.

Last time I turned on WWE, Daniel Bryan was a fairly clean cut (he had a beard but it was neat and trimmed) bloke with a pretty chiselled physique.

Now he seems to have turned into a fat homeless guy.

Is that his gimmick? Or is he just letting himself go?

I caught a bit the other day where Stephanie told HHH that she wasn't letting him wrestle and had taken him out of the match, then he said he WILL be fighting next week and drove off.

I had a feeling he'd come back on the night and interfere in a match or something, or his music would hit and he'd fight in the match he was told he couldn't. What happened?

Â