The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

That is a massive ask isn't it, selling out Wembley? Well, can't fault their ambition I guess. I'll be interested in the ticket prices.

Do we think they've got something big up their sleeve? 

Wouldn't surprise me if Punk returned in the next few weeks. 

I think a lot of fans round Europe will head to this as well.

Be great if they can fill it. 

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

Done the pre-registration for tickets. Can't **** wait. Gonna do a nerdy games sign, try and get on Botchamania. 🤣

Oh you have to pre register?

This weeks aew

Spoiler

Jay white signs. Cant believe vince cocked this up and didnt sign him for wwe. Balor vs white would have been a epic feud. Add styles when he returns you could have one of the best triple threat matches of all time 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh you have to pre register?

This weeks aew

Reveal hidden contents

Jay white signs. Cant believe vince cocked this up and didnt sign him for wwe. Balor vs white would have been a epic feud. Add styles when he returns you could have one of the best triple threat matches of all time 

I am ready to Breathe with the Switch Blade, once again. 

Great move for Jay. I had hoped he'd be an NJPW guy for life, but his personal circs have changed a bit and it was always going to be WWE or AEW. I think the latter is the right choice for him. 

19 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Do we think they've got something big up their sleeve? 

Wouldn't surprise me if Punk returned in the next few weeks. 

I think a lot of fans round Europe will head to this as well.

Be great if they can fill it. 

Personally hoping for New Japan involvement, and I'd particularly love to see a Shibata match in person. 

• Like 1

A golden lovers match at Wembley would be great, or at the very least a match involving Kota. This is a man with a history of doing mad things in the UK, and a man who has a history of 'desecrating' iconic stadiums with crazy moves - he was banned for two years from appearing at the Budokan for moonsaulting off a balcony :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Hall in the wrestling game? 

Obviously he's not got anywhere near the training to be legitimately good at it, but I dunno, he might be good value for a guest appearance or two somewhere?

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Eddie Hall in the wrestling game? 

Obviously he's not got anywhere near the training to be legitimately good at it, but I dunno, he might be good value for a guest appearance or two somewhere?

Mark Henry seemed to do alright and he'd probably follow his style.

It would make sense for him to do. He's out of the Strongman game proper, he mainly floats around the edges of it doing media stuff I think now, he has the YouTube channel which looks like classic gymhound stuff and marketing/PR gigs, and I believe he is supposedly getting into body building now so will get the more comically ripped physique Vince loves...

If he fancied it I reckon he could be a decent addition to a wrestling stable somewhere. He's not going to be a massively technical guy but he's obviously strong, he brings his own brand, he's pretty athletic despite the power gut, and he has decent showman personality chops. Teach him a couple of flashy slam moves and how to fall/bump and he'd be alright for a guest gig.

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

It would make sense for him to do. He's out of the Strongman game proper, he mainly floats around the edges of it doing media stuff I think now, he has the YouTube channel which looks like classic gymhound stuff and marketing/PR gigs, and I believe he is supposedly getting into body building now so will get the more comically ripped physique Vince loves...

If he fancied it I reckon he could be a decent addition to a wrestling stable somewhere. He's not going to be a massively technical guy but he's obviously strong, he brings his own brand, he's pretty athletic despite the power gut, and he has decent showman personality chops. Teach him a couple of flashy slam moves and how to fall/bump and he'd be alright for a guest gig.

It was always the static moves that Eddie excelled at and not the athletic ones, although he was still ridiculously strong in those compared to the norm.

I did see him do a back-flip whilst 400 odd pounds though so he definitely has solid athleticism in there. 

Â