The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

14 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Agreed, as for the HIAC,

Hide contents

why didn’t Balor win? He needed a win. Mad.

Spoiler

I think they wanted to wrap up the feud having balor win continues the feud. Edge can now move on.

Would love to see edge vs lesnar at mania

Or edge vs gunther 

I literally cannot see anyone on roster that beats reigns now cody was buried. One of the most ridiculous decisions ive seen in years. This is as bad as when bryan daniel didnt win rumble 

Spoiler

It was hanging on by a thread anyway but the demon gimmick is 100% dead and buried now. Best to just never bring it out again because its whole aura is finished. Really bizarre why they’ve done this. Edge did not need that whatsoever, this company baffles me sometimes.

I guess they want Roman to hit 1000 days before handing over. It was the perfect time though, Cody couldn’t be more over than what he is now. What a way to halt the hype and relevance. 

Shane coming out to likely do his typical garbage spot monkey stuff only to blow his knee out within 2 minutes sums it all up really. A massive shame how they followed on from night 1.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:
  Hide contents

It was hanging on by a thread anyway but the demon gimmick is 100% dead and buried now. Best to just never bring it out again because its whole aura is finished. Really bizarre why they’ve done this. Edge did not need that whatsoever, this company baffles me sometimes.

I guess they want Roman to hit 1000 days before handing over. It was the perfect time though, Cody couldn’t be more over than what he is now. What a way to halt the hype and relevance. 

Shane coming out to likely do his typical garbage spot monkey stuff only to blow his knee out within 2 minutes sums it all up really. A massive shame how they followed on from night 1.

Great summary for me

Spoiler

Agree the demon gimmick is dead. Why didnt thwy have JD and have the brood come out? That would have been epic two dark factions fighting it out

As for reigns, like you say cody is so over they want to create new stars yet have roman bury everyone. I mean who the hells left? Orton when he comes back? No one is dethroning him now.

You might as well watch wwe ppvs and just not wtach main event as you know romans not losing. It was perfect opportunity to pass the torch to cody. Reading online all the fans are pissed off at night 2. They have made a collosal **** up here in my opinion with that.

As for shane all you can do is laugh how embarrassing 

WWE and UFC merger announced, WWE purchased by UFC parent company endeavour

Vince is hanging around though, will remain as Executive Chair. Really hoped the sale would be the end of the genetic jackhammer.

Edited by Jonesy7211
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

WWE and UFC merger announced, WWE purchased by UFC parent company endeavour

Vince is hanging around though, will remain as Executive Chair. Really hoped the sale would be the end of the genetic jackhammer.

Why the **** would ufc want wwe?

The only good thing that might come out of this is all the corny pg stuff might be abolished and it might have more of a edge

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Why the **** would ufc want wwe?

The only good thing that might come out of this is all the corny pg stuff might be abolished and it might have more of a edge

There's going to be more crossover for sure. Would expect Conor McGregor et al to show up at a few PPV's, much like Logan Paul is now.

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

There's going to be more crossover for sure. Would expect Conor McGregor et al to show up at a few PPV's, much like Logan Paul is now.

More lesnar at ufc then and lashley.

I bet they will try get jake hager aka jack swagger in wwe from aew if this comes off

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

More lesnar at ufc then and lashley.

I bet they will try get jake hager aka jack swagger in wwe from aew if this comes off

I hope not, he's been awful in AEW, and was never that interesting in WWE until the "we the people" gimmick.

10 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I hope not, he's been awful in AEW, and was never that interesting in WWE until the "we the people" gimmick.

Agreed but he is actually a very good mma fighter incredibly 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Agreed, as for the HIAC,

Hide contents

why didn’t Balor win? He needed a win. Mad.

Spoiler

Balor was busted open real bad during the match so I was thinking that it might have been scheduled to last a bit longer as well. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Great summary for me

Hide contents

Agree the demon gimmick is dead. Why didnt thwy have JD and have the brood come out? That would have been epic two dark factions fighting it out

As for reigns, like you say cody is so over they want to create new stars yet have roman bury everyone. I mean who the hells left? Orton when he comes back? No one is dethroning him now.

You might as well watch wwe ppvs and just not wtach main event as you know romans not losing. It was perfect opportunity to pass the torch to cody. Reading online all the fans are pissed off at night 2. They have made a collosal **** up here in my opinion with that.

As for shane all you can do is laugh how embarrassing 

Spoiler

now, for me, the only guy on the roster who has the credentials to go over Roman is Gunther and he is probably not dropping the IC title either

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:
  Hide contents

now, for me, the only guy on the roster who has the credentials to go over Roman is Gunther and he is probably not dropping the IC title either

Spoiler

Only guy i think that could do it is seth rollins. He is so over at the moment. A seth vs reigns at SS could do it

Unless they go with jay uso which would bw epic

Any chance of Jay White on Raw tonight then? I know AEW have some sort of announcement for Dynamite this week, but the money there is on a UK show, rather than it being a debut. 

Great rug pulling having Roman win again.  Now he gets his 1,000 days and solidifies the greatest title reign.   Cody will still get his moment but it will be even better now it’s been delayed.  Cody will dethrone Reigns, fear not.

Spoiler

With what happened on Raw, I think the burying of Rhodes begins.

Raw had Vince vibes with Brock potentially being back as a challenger to RR. 

Based on fan reaction alone it just made sense for Rhodes at WM. even if they build for Rhodes at Summerslam it would be a lesser emotional win.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Crumpet said:
  Hide contents

With what happened on Raw, I think the burying of Rhodes begins.

Raw had Vince vibes with Brock potentially being back as a challenger to RR. 

Based on fan reaction alone it just made sense for Rhodes at WM. even if they build for Rhodes at Summerslam it would be a lesser emotional win.

Spoiler

That ending had vinces grubby fingers all over it

What a absolute terrible ending to raw that made no sense from a storyline point of view

Give it a couple years and cody will go aew i predict. Codys been screwed over and shat on my vince.  That old fart needs to **** off. Its gone to shit again since he has been back.

Oh and he looks like a utter creep now with his "new look" too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

What a absolute terrible ending to raw that made no sense from a storyline point of view

Give it a couple years and cody will go aew i predict. Codys been screwed over and shat on my vince.  That old fart needs to **** off. Its gone to shit again since he has been back.

Spoiler

I think WWE had the opportunity on Sunday to 'Kill AEW.'

Cody wins and it shows there was a route for AEW guys to come and win things. With all the Punk stuff, you could have seen Bucks, Omega even Hangman jumping ship. Now if your're them you look over and see they won't put you as champ when you are red hot, then why go.

Agree the moustache is giving Evil Walt Disney Vibes 

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Last nights RAW was rewritten several times minutes before the show went on air. Matches were cut. Segments were changed.

Vince is now fully in charge again. WWE can tell the roster that Triple H is still Head of Creative all they want, but Vince McMahon was apparently in guerrilla position all night last night and was the one calling the shots on the headset. 

The sale to Endeavor seems to have been the catalyst for Vince to come back as emboldened as ever. Last night was the first time in over 6-months that Vince was in guerrilla position calling the shots, and it was one of the worst episodes ever. 

I think the honeymoon period for WWE is over. They had a good few months between Summerslam and WrestleMania, but it's all over if Vince is now in the hotseat again. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Last nights RAW was rewritten several times minutes before the show went on air. Matches were cut. Segments were changed.

Vince is now fully in charge again. WWE can tell the roster that Triple H is still Head of Creative all they want, but Vince McMahon was apparently in guerrilla position all night last night and was the one calling the shots on the headset. 

The sale to Endeavor seems to have been the catalyst for Vince to come back as emboldened as ever. Last night was the first time in over 6-months that Vince was in guerrilla position calling the shots, and it was one of the worst episodes ever. 

I think the honeymoon period for WWE is over. They had a good few months between Summerslam and WrestleMania, but it's all over if Vince is now in the hotseat again. 

'Gorilla' position 😉

Named after the late great Gorilla Monsoon

/pedant

• Thanks 2

Â