Panini World Cup Stickers 2010

kidlewis

Are you going to collect the WC sticker collection  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to collect the WC sticker collection

• No
    • Yes

I have always done this sticker book for the world cups since 1990.

Anyone else collected these through the years?

I have unfortunately never got one 100% complete.

I am not sure on the release date but it is surely going to be soon.

Cannot wait. It's the moment I start getting truly excited.

64 days until the world cup starts. AWESOME!

How much is a pack now? And how many 'shinies', iirc it used to be the badge the kit and the player, plus a double for the squad, good times

not sure, there appear to be "special" limited edition player stickers only available in certain stores.

Messi SE you can only get in co-op packs.

Not sure how that's going to work. I am sure there is a standard Messi available everywhere.

Did these all the time at school. So many childhood memories of half a dozen kids standing in a circle with inch thick wads of stickers saying "got, got, got, got, need, got, got..."

It was nuts how as a schoolboy you could instantly recognise every Saudi Arabian squad player and remember whether you needed it or not.

I also remember a brief period of time back in the eighties where I contemplated supporting Charlton Athletic because I had the foil sticker of their badge and it had a sword on it! :lol:

I definitely completed the Euro 96 one, I ordered individual stickers from the pullout in the centre of the album. I dont think I have so much as picked an album up since. Can you still do that?

Did these all the time at school. So many childhood memories of half a dozen kids standing in a circle with inch thick wads of stickers saying "got, got, got, got, need, got, got..." :lol:

I remember completing the Euro 96 one, I ordered individual stickers from the pullout in the centre of the album. I dont think I have so much as picked an album up since. Can you still do that?

it looks like you can order them individually online, however I think it will be pretty pricy. 50p per sticker or something.

But if you only need 10 to finish the book off, then I guess it's worth it.

I wonder if any of the old completed books in great condition are worth anything.

My friend was 2 away from completing '86. I bet if he had it completed it would be worth more than he invested in it.

I always loved sticker books at school.

Anyone remember Pro-set? Well i completed it with the folder and its going for £99 on Ebay (not mine but thats what they are selling for)!!!

Pro-Sets were immense.

Gary Lineker and Gazza were the high priced ones. I remember having 2 gazzas and basically it was like I found the golden ticket.

People offering me ridiculous sums of cards for Gazza.

I started collecting stickers in 1994, for the World Cup in the USA, then stopped and started again in 2002 and have been collecting ever since, don't care at all that I'm not a kid anymore, I know there's plenty of us "older fellows" still collecting these stickers :mrgreen:

I never got any of the albums complete, and that was never actually a "must" for me, I usually stop buying the stickers when I don't get a new one in ages

Here in Slovenia, the album was released on March 24th, a pack costs 50 cents here

THey have already released a Pro-Set type folder with playing cards for the World Cup, but no sign yet of a sticker book collection.

I haven't found anywhere on the net yet saying there is a sticker album being released, just this Pro-Set playing card.

Surely they are going to release it, or are they trying to "innovate" and just go with these playing cards?

I had the vast majority of the WC 1970 book when a seven yr old in Bournemouth, also had the 68-69, 69-70, 70-71 league books in various states of completeness, never did fill an entire book though. Panini? or soem other namufacturer, Im not too certain, occupied a lot of time in the playground though, horse trading. Good memories.

G

Surely they will wait till the squads are announced before releasing Panini albums? no point having players that are not even in the 23!!! or missing players like Milner that might just make it!!

Me and my mates did it 4 years ago for a laugh. We would buy shit loads if we found shops that did them. All i can remember is holding my mate for ransom for Clint Dempsey for weeks had all sorts of offers, until he finally got him, i was gutted.

Did these all the time at school. So many childhood memories of half a dozen kids standing in a circle with inch thick wads of stickers saying "got, got, got, got, need, got, got..."

It was nuts how as a schoolboy you could instantly recognise every Saudi Arabian squad player and remember whether you needed it or not.

I also remember a brief period of time back in the eighties where I contemplated supporting Charlton Athletic because I had the foil sticker of their badge and it had a sword on it! :lol:

I definitely completed the Euro 96 one, I ordered individual stickers from the pullout in the centre of the album. I dont think I have so much as picked an album up since. Can you still do that?

So much fun, and how exciting was it opening a new packet and seeing the edge of a shiny sticker?

And there was always the kid with a **** huge wad of stickers held together by an elastic band.

Sounds like the football equivalent of baseball cards... which brings back the days when I could name most of the Milwaukee Brewers triple-A prospects and read Beckett Baseball Card Monthly, well, every month. I basically stopped caring about the cards when the "premium" card brands (Pinnacle & Upper Deck basically) came along and drove the prices from $0.50 a pack (15 or 20 cards plus a stick of rock-hard bubble gum) to $2.00 a pack (8-12 cards, no gum). Those were the days... :(

The Panini World Cup Sticker 2010 album is due in towards the end of April.

I have been browsing the net for a bit and that is the general consensus. Does anyone know the date for the confirmation of the world cup squads?

If I remember the date is about 15th May for the final submission, but I am sure England always do a preliminary squad before that don't they?

I am guessing Panini just go with the 15 most likely players. They never have 23 per team in the books. More like 15 if I remember.

Â