Are you excited about the next trip to Wembley?

barry'sboots

Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?

• Yes, can't wait.
    • Going but not that excited about it.
    • Not going.

Very excited, as soon as we beat Reading, on the way home from the game I was thinking about Wembley again. Maybe it is because I have only been to Wembley three times with Villa including League Cup Final and it's not very often we get there. To me this connotes a pretty successful season, but that's just me. I have high hopes about the FA Cup and think that if we beat Chelsea we will win it.

I didn't say that I wasn't going because I thought we'd lose. I went to the CC Final knowing that it was going to be a very tough game and probably anticipating a loss. I went to the FA Cup Final against Chelski years ago knowing that we were big underdogs.

I said I'm not going because I am frustrated with MON's selection and tactics and I don't think we are giving ourselves a chance to compete as a consequence. I don't fancy a four hour journey back thinking "if only ......." again. I don't mind losing if we give it a go, or else I probably wouldn't have been a ST holder for nearly 20 years!

Barry....you've started it.

you lesser fan you.

there will be many that feel the way you do....me for one.

I've given mine up for a better fan too.

All I can say, mate, is that you are very lucky to be in a position to pick and choose.

There are a lot of people who would love to have the opportunity to see this semi-final and wouldn't be so picky and lukewarm as you appear to be in their support for their club.

Just because you seem to think you could pick a better team and arrange better tactics than our current manager, I don't see why that should lessen your support for the club, or for the team, who will undoubtedly go out there and do their best to win.

I have bought two season tickets for the last 15 years or so (converting my wife to a Villa fan in the process) and hate to miss a home game. I typically go away two or three games a year but have been to 6 this year - wife would divorce me if I went to more. I spend much of my waking day thinking about the Villa and posting on this site. And I will renew my ST's next year.

So please don't come on here telling me my support for Villa is lukewarm. It is down to my passion for the club that I don't want to go to Wembley for the semi - because I just don't see it as a day out. It upsets me when we lose BUT it really upsets me when we lose and we haven't tried to do anything to stop that loss.

I drove back from the CC Final in a really frustrated state thinking that we had been the better side in the first half but that they had taken control in the second and MON had done jack shit to try and counter this. He left an invisible Heskey and a knackered Petrov on for the whole game and only substituted Cuellar for Carew with 10 minutes left, losing shape as usual with this sub. I don't want to experience that again - at least not yet.

Sorry - can't get excited about this one at the moment. I might have felt differently had we been playing one of the others that got into the quarter finals. I'm going and I am hopeful - but this is Chelsea we are up against. Again, is this a side we can beat more than once a season? Who knows.

I'm also rather distressed at the 5pm kick for some televisual contract nazism no doubt.

Grrrrrr... bah humbug.

God yes,

For the main reason is I never thought we'd beat Man U - it took us 13 yrs to beat them once, what was the chance of doing it twice.

However, our record against Chelsea over the last 10yrs is probably up there with anyone, so I am going to London with the expectation we will win.

The downside to that though is it will be even worse when we lose :(

Well I'm in my 40's now and I can't wait for the game. Yes we are underdogs but certainly have a fair chance of going through - I would say a 35-40% chance.

I know we all have different lives and priorities but I could just not even envisage the thought of not going to see the Villa in a semi final of the F.A Cup. Sure I prefer the semis to be played elsewhere but this has been going on nearly 20 years on and off and the last semi I was at was at that old dump of ground called wembley.

One thing that puzzles me is how people quote they spend £300 plus quid on such a game. I'm taking 2 of my kids to the semi and its costing me just over £100 on tickets and transport for all 3 of us. OK after that you have got food and drink but that can be done cheaply if you want - take ya own.

All I can say, mate, is that you are very lucky to be in a position to pick and choose.

There are a lot of people who would love to have the opportunity to see this semi-final and wouldn't be so picky and lukewarm as you appear to be in their support for their club.

Just because you seem to think you could pick a better team and arrange better tactics than our current manager, I don't see why that should lessen your support for the club, or for the team, who will undoubtedly go out there and do their best to win.

I have bought two season tickets for the last 15 years or so (converting my wife to a Villa fan in the process) and hate to miss a home game. I typically go away two or three games a year but have been to 6 this year - wife would divorce me if I went to more. I spend much of my waking day thinking about the Villa and posting on this site. And I will renew my ST's next year.

So please don't come on here telling me my support for Villa is lukewarm. It is down to my passion for the club that I don't want to go to Wembley for the semi - because I just don't see it as a day out. It upsets me when we lose BUT it really upsets me when we lose and we haven't tried to do anything to stop that loss.

I drove back from the CC Final in a really frustrated state thinking that we had been the better side in the first half but that they had taken control in the second and MON had done jack shit to try and counter this. He left an invisible Heskey and a knackered Petrov on for the whole game and only substituted Cuellar for Carew with 10 minutes left, losing shape as usual with this sub. I don't want to experience that again - at least not yet.

You are hopping about a bit between reasons for not going. However, I think you are still saying you don't want to go because you don't like the style of football we play - and I've sort of picked that up from many of your other posts on Villatalk, which are always a bit depressing and downbeat.

If you really have been a season ticket holder for 15 years I wonder what you thought you were watching during the Graham Taylor/O'Leary years?

The football we play now is far better than the rubbish served up then. And yet apparently you have decided just now you don't like how we play.

That's a bit puzzling.

Now I've seen some of the people who aren't going I'm looking forward to it even more ! Perhaps it will be like Wimbledon on those days when they have catch up days and real enthusiasts get tickets instead of the world weary regulars. :winkold:

[

So please don't come on here telling me my support for Villa is lukewarm.

You could have handed over £10,000,000 in Lottery money and watched them for 80 years, and be the greatest superfan ever, but your support (in respect of this game) is luke warm, to put it mildly. If you don't like the tactics, or the feeling when we got beat, or anything, thats up to you, but the support in this fixture will come from the people who go regardless of whether they feel that way and get behind the team.

I could pay a fortune for my kids private education but if I give up on them when I don't like how it's going....

Don't go, it's not a crime is it ? And you are no more or less a fan than you or anyone else considers yourself to be - but you can't argue that you are self evidently not supporting them, or MON - isn't your whole point that you aren't supporting them ?

Was getting a ticket tomorrow but now I can't see it. Struggling to find the will to spend any more money going to games. Fair play to those of you that can

God yes,

For the main reason is I never thought we'd beat Man U - it took us 13 yrs to beat them once, what was the chance of doing it twice.

However, our record against Chelsea over the last 10yrs is probably up there with anyone, so I am going to London with the expectation we will win.

The downside to that though is it will be even worse when we lose :(

Errr, maybe I'll rethink

for ever optomistic.....you never know your luck in a windy city.....

Chelski might think the game is already won and be a bit too cocky....yoe never know

keep the faith......

V F E