Are you excited about the next trip to Wembley?

barry'sboots

Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?

• Yes, can't wait.
    • Going but not that excited about it.
    • Not going.

I have surprised myself, and my wife, but I have decided not to exercise my right, as a ST holder, to tickets for this match - passed it to my mate who is taking his lad before I get loads of pms.

Economics are a consideration, but not a major one. I just couldn't bear the thought of a long journey to Wembley to see us play Chelski, maybe start brightly but do little to counteract Chelski when they start to get on top, as the top teams invariably do against us.

If we do happen to beat them, which I am sure we can, it will probably be a backs to the wall victory with us hanging on at the end as it was against them at our place or against ManU up at OT and I will probably be just as overjoyed watching this on TV as I will be if I had gone to Wembley.

The recent performances against Man U (home and CC final), Stoke & Wolves have just left me frustrated. Not because we lost or drew BUT because I don't think we went for it and gave ourselves the best chance of getting a result.

Could argue that this should be in the match thread I suppose but I saw it as more of a bellweather as how excited people were to be following the Villa into a big game?

Whilst I'm not as pessimistic as you are about it, I've hardly given the semi final a second thought since the draw. Maybe because my ticket window isn't until friday or maybe because I just can't see us winning it (I think we have a better chance at the bridge this weekend believe it or not, they look slow and lazy in the league but will be up for the semi)

Not going. But as a Villa fan I can't say I'm overly bothered about a Wembley appearance that isn't a final. It's not a 'day out' if it's a semi IMHO.

I'm going, but it shouldn't be at Wembley as it's a semi final, however I am looking forward to seeing Villa play in a semi final of the FA Cup, surely that's what you hope for at the start of the season? Still having a chance of appearing in the FA Cup final at this time of year? It's certainly what I hope for anyway.

Similar sort of situation.

I hope to God we can win and get to the final - but as BOF said - it's not a final, it's a Wembley appearence. I can't justify the £50 ticket, travel costs and food costs for it. Especially when it takes two hours just to get out of Wembley and the game can be ruined by a referee favouring the big guys, again. So I'm not bothering getting the ticket I could with my ST, either.

Economics are a consideration, but not a major one. I just couldn't bear the thought of a long journey to Wembley to see us play Chelski, maybe start brightly but do little to counteract Chelski when they start to get on top, as the top teams invariably do against us.

If we do happen to beat them, which I am sure we can, it will probably be a backs to the wall victory with us hanging on at the end as it was against them at our place or against ManU up at OT

What do you expect us to do dominate Chelsea one of the wealthiest and most talented teams in world football? Seriously the expectations of some Villa fans border on lunacy. We will be there for 90 minutes of football against a much stronger force if we manage to squeeze in a win the odds then it will be a backs against the wall for 70 minutes that's how football works.

Not going to the game because it's expensive, Wembley is shit, it's hard to get to, etc these are valid excuses.

Not going cause you think we'll lose?

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I have to say I'm surprised by some of the responses here, it's an FA Cup Semi Final for crying out loud!!!

I'm sure we all agree SF's should not be played at Wembley and it does take the shine off the final, but we are 1 game away from that final in a cup that Villa have not won during the majority of our lifetimes.

Hell yeah I'm excited!

This thread is the first example I have come across that indicates that ST holders should not be granted special allocation.

I trust none of you who arent going for such appauling excuses, wont be going to the final if we get through?

Really, I cannot believe this. An FA Cup semi final at Wembley, and people seem to have given up.

The suffering Villa - I echo your headbutts

Disgraceful

This thread is the first example I have come across that indicates that ST holders should not be granted special allocation.

How would you suggest sorting out the allocation then? Who want's to go the most? :)

Besides, if there are that many season ticket holders that don't want to go, then the tickets will be made available accordingly.

No other way to distribute the allocation if you ask me, I would be most annoyed if as a season ticket holder, i didn't get priority over non season tickets holders.

Not impressed with a lot of what I'm reading.

So frustrating recent results would cause osmeone not to go? Talk about fairweather fickle support!

If you can't afford it fair enough (I can't, but the bills can wait).

Would prefer it to be at Old Trafford for a number of reasons, but it is an FA cup semi final at Wembley against one of the best teams in the country.

Hell yeah I'm excited.

I'm going, but it shouldn't be at Wembley as it's a semi final, however I am looking forward to seeing Villa play in a semi final of the FA Cup, surely that's what you hope for at the start of the season? Still having a chance of appearing in the FA Cup final at this time of year? It's certainly what I hope for anyway.

yeh same here. wembely is for finals, but i'm still looking forward to the trip down

How would you suggest sorting out the allocation then? Who want's to go the most? :)

Besides, if there are that many season ticket holders that don't want to go, then the tickets will be made available accordingly.

No other way to distribute the allocation if you ask me, I would be most annoyed if as a season ticket holder, i didn't get priority over non season tickets holders.

Im not for 1 minute suggesting that it needs changing as Im sure (or at least hope) the majority of ST holders wont share the same opinion as the posts above.

I cant go anyway, because of work, but lets say I could go, and decided against the negative vibes above i.e I believed we could win, and in turn decided to go. Come the final, I will be back in the same position as CC final because all the ST holders (who had no faith) will want a ticket again.

Obviously everybody has freedom of choice, but im a non season ticket holder and dont attend matches regular for a few reasons. Not one reason is because I think we will lose!!!

Forgetting for a moment that the game is being played at Wembley, are you not looking forward to the fact it's an FA Cup Semi Final? Or is the venue that much of an issue?

I have surprised myself, and my wife, but I have decided not to exercise my right, as a ST holder, to tickets for this match - passed it to my mate who is taking his lad before I get loads of pms.

Bit of this

Not going. But as a Villa fan I can't say I'm overly bothered about a Wembley appearance that isn't a final. It's not a 'day out' if it's a semi IMHO.

and some of this.

Bit of this

and some of this.

I just don't get it. So it is at Wembley. So What????. Lets make the most of it. Cos let me tell ya, it could be another 10 years before were there again.