Are you excited about the next trip to Wembley?

barry'sboots

Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?

• Yes, can't wait.
    • Going but not that excited about it.
    • Not going.

I would kill to go but can't because I'm not a ST holder.

???? You do know this will go to booking history like the CC final?

Some of us dont have that either mate. Cant see it getting down to 2 game booking history

I would expect that season ticket holders (who sometimes unfairly have a grumble at every man and his dog trying to get a ticket to a final) come up with better excuses not to go to a semi final than, it shunt be at wembley or wel probly lose or wembley's difficult to get out of. Id kill for a chance to go
Must say I thought this, from the OP was a very weak excuse.
If we do happen to beat them, which I am sure we can, it will probably be a backs to the wall victory with us hanging on at the end as it was against them at our place or against ManU up at OT and I will probably be just as overjoyed watching this on TV as I will be if I had gone to Wembley.
Of course it will be backs to the wall, it's against Chelsea and it's an FA Cup semi final! I sometimes wonder if we've missed out on proper cup football for so many seasons that people have forgotten what it's like. It's very rarely a stroll.

I'm going because I won't have a chance in hell of getting one for the final and went to the LC Final only to not make it into the ground. So yeah, looking forward to it.

I didn't because I couldnt get a ticket. And I wont be able to go to the FA cup final for the same reasons (if we get through). And thats fair because I am not a season ticket holder. But I would expect that season ticket holders (who sometimes unfairly have a grumble at every man and his dog trying to get a ticket to a final) come up with better excuses not to go to a semi final than, it shunt be at wembley or wel probly lose or wembley's difficult to get out of. Id kill for a chance to go

Woody - I did have a slight pang of guilt when i read this post and I wish everyone could go. Some ST holders do suffer from 'familiarity breeds contempt', not all but some. I suppose to an extent I'm not as big a fan as I used to be, but its all relative. I've got bills big enough to sink the QE II.

I took my 11 year old son to wembley to see Aston Villa play in a final and I wouldnt have swopped that for all the tea in china.

Exactly

And people dont need excuses, you are right!!!

But people are giving excuses on here, that are poor and quite disappointing in all honesty

I know wgere you're coming from I used to be like you.

Of course i'm excited about Villa in the semi final, my left knee and my bad back are not.

Expense (which you're right I should have explained) is probabaly by far the greatest reason for not going. we only got 37k on Saturday and money was the reason.

Its a semi final and some may have half an eye on a final. Did you go to the CC final because quite frankly Wembley was one hell of a disappointment.

I didn't because I couldnt get a ticket. And I wont be able to go to the FA cup final for the same reasons (if we get through). And thats fair because I am not a season ticket holder. But I would expect that season ticket holders (who sometimes unfairly have a grumble at every man and his dog trying to get a ticket to a final) come up with better excuses not to go to a semi final than, it shunt be at wembley or wel probly lose or wembley's difficult to get out of. Id kill for a chance to go

if your that desperate to go, why not just pay tout prices?

Exactly

And people dont need excuses, you are right!!!

But people are giving excuses on here, that are poor and quite disappointing in all honesty

I know wgere you're coming from I used to be like you.

Of course i'm excited about Villa in the semi final, my left knee and my bad back are not.

Expense (which you're right I should have explained) is probabaly by far the greatest reason for not going. we only got 37k on Saturday and money was the reason.

Its a semi final and some may have half an eye on a final. Did you go to the CC final because quite frankly Wembley was one hell of a disappointment.

if your that desperate to go, why not just pay tout prices?

Cos I cant afford them

I didn't say that I wasn't going because I thought we'd lose. I went to the CC Final knowing that it was going to be a very tough game and probably anticipating a loss. I went to the FA Cup Final against Chelski years ago knowing that we were big underdogs.

I said I'm not going because I am frustrated with MON's selection and tactics and I don't think we are giving ourselves a chance to compete as a consequence. I don't fancy a four hour journey back thinking "if only ......." again. I don't mind losing if we give it a go, or else I probably wouldn't have been a ST holder for nearly 20 years!

I'd struggle to understand someone not being excited about their team in a semifinal.

I'm not going, I'd never get a ticket and being able to eat is a slightly higher priority. I'd be ecstatic if I was going though. I'd expect us to lose, but I'd be buzzing.

I also am one of these people who doesn't think it should be held in Wembley either but still, it's an event.

If it were at a neutral (Club) ground then I'd be a lot more excited. Same as a lot of people, I think Wembley should be for finals.

I'm going, I'm looking forward to it a bit, when it gets closer the excitement will ramp up, but right now I'm more concerned about the next league games.

I am not going. My season ticket is going to a much more worthy cause (my mates dad who is about 150...lol). I summed up how much it cost me for the CC final (about £150), the semi will be (130), the final when we get through (150+) and the season ticket renewal (£450) and realised something has to give - and it isn't my family or mortgage.

I would much prefer to get a season ticket next year and if I am suddenly flush for cash, the final ticket. If not, it will just be the plain old season ticket and a few away matches across next season.

Personally i am very excited because it will be my first appearance at wembely watching the villa, thanks to my friend who has a ST and is on holiday, i think it will still be a good game and atmosphere and just hope we get a good result (and ref)

I didn't say that I wasn't going because I thought we'd lose. I went to the CC Final knowing that it was going to be a very tough game and probably anticipating a loss. I went to the FA Cup Final against Chelski years ago knowing that we were big underdogs.

I said I'm not going because I am frustrated with MON's selection and tactics and I don't think we are giving ourselves a chance to compete as a consequence. I don't fancy a four hour journey back thinking "if only ......." again. I don't mind losing if we give it a go, or else I probably wouldn't have been a ST holder for nearly 20 years!

All I can say, mate, is that you are very lucky to be in a position to pick and choose.

There are a lot of people who would love to have the opportunity to see this semi-final and wouldn't be so picky and lukewarm as you appear to be in their support for their club.

Just because you seem to think you could pick a better team and arrange better tactics than our current manager, I don't see why that should lessen your support for the club, or for the team, who will undoubtedly go out there and do their best to win.

Looking forward to it, but the fact it's Chelsea makes also means I'm not looking forward to it at the same time. I went to the CC Final expecting to lose and it ruined the day for me a little, the journey back was even more wank.