Are you excited about the next trip to Wembley?

barry'sboots

Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about Chelsea vs Villa in the FA Cup?

• Yes, can't wait.
    • Going but not that excited about it.
    • Not going.

You are hopping about a bit between reasons for not going. However, I think you are still saying you don't want to go because you don't like the style of football we play - and I've sort of picked that up from many of your other posts on Villatalk, which are always a bit depressing and downbeat.

If you really have been a season ticket holder for 15 years I wonder what you thought you were watching during the Graham Taylor/O'Leary years?

The football we play now is far better than the rubbish served up then. And yet apparently you have decided just now you don't like how we play.

That's a bit puzzling.

If we're getting personal, I find your posts a bit shallow. I don't recall you ever posting anything constructive in a debate - just criticising what others say when they are trying to express their opinions.

The football was not always the best under Taylor and O'Leary and this could be, at times, frustrating but I felt that they were trying to do something just didn't have the right players/resources and, in DOL's case, like many of us, I didn't like his personality.

I have said several times that I think MON has done a fantastic job building a good squad on a relatively small budget BUT that I think he just doesn't use it properly and make changes when required. I don't mind our style of play in a lot of games. What I do not like is that, if we aren't playing well or are starting to become second best in a game MON cannot seem to change things.

Can't wait to be honest. I'm on a big downer after yesterday but it's not the end of the world (even though it feels like it). If we can play like we did in the first half yesterday then there is no reason for us not to beat Chelsea in the semi's.

I think we will now go on to win this match. Revenge for the 7-1 drubbing and for the defeat in 2000. If the players and MON can't motivate themselves for this then they seriously need to take a long hard look at themselves. Tiredness won't rub for this one...

Who cares about what result people remember...

I would have took a 7-1 in the league and a 1-0 in the semi final all day long every day for the rest of my life.

Even if we win the FA Cup I still won't be able to forget what happened yesterday

Liverpool 9-0 Crystal Palace.

Same season, Palace beat Liverpool 4-3 in FA Cup semi final.

Anything can happen.

And which result do most people remember?

I only remembered the 4-3 perhaps thats because Liverpool lost, which I like :)

really was excited about it until yesterday and now i just really dont think we have a chance against them!not that i dont think that on our day we cant match them cos we did that at villa park but the whole team just look shattered and playing on injuries!think we are going to have to play 4-5-1 with that extra man in midfield which is where the game is won but i cant see him dropping carew so 4-4-2 it is

Can't get excited about a semi final at Wembley. If we lose which is likely you have all the hassle and you did not even get to the final. The stadium is fine but everything about the area and infrastructure is crap. We build a world class stadium in the middle of an inaccessible slum, marvellous.

I'm not going partly because of the above but I'm also away on holiday and to be honest after the CC Final I don't want the hassle of a Wembley trip to see a semi final plus obviously the rip off cost of everything.

I'm a season ticket holder and have barely missed a home game for the record.

Won't go for many reasons, mainly not able to afford it, but I'm excited as hell that we're in the semi of the FA-cup again. Long time since the last one. Shouldn't be at Wembley but that doesn't take anything away from the excitement I feel. And I hope the players can't wait to get back there and show Chelsea that saturday was a one off. They should be looking for revenge and up for it to 200%. After the game on saturday I wasn't really looking forward to it, but now I'm well up for it. And I won't care how it looks if we win, and if we lose it shouldn't be for us not really trying. Bring on Wembley and Chelsea.

Can't get excited about a semi final at Wembley. If we lose which is likely you have all the hassle and you did not even get to the final. The stadium is fine but everything about the area and infrastructure is crap. We build a world class stadium in the middle of an inaccessible slum, marvellous.

You forgot the pitch is shite as well.

Not looking foward to it , because the new Wembley is shite, and getting away is a nightmare

Whats it like getting away if you have won???

Still a nightmare but you smile through it, 1975, 1994, 1996.

I have voted 'not going'

My intention was not to go, therefore presumably forfeiting my 'right' to a final ticket, should we proceed.

I would have renewed my ST by now, but my disagreement with ticketing policy has killed that one.

But, after Saturday's result, I think that we will win the F.A.Cup, so I am looking forward to watching the semi (and final) on TV!

I am not going to semi final either due to it being played on 5pm on Saturday night, as I already bought ticket for big salsa event in the night at 7.30pm in Coventry. So I am going to watch it in Jaguars Social Club before the party and party hard after the game whether we win or lose. I would have gone to Wembley if the game was on Sunday.

So I have to choose.

But I am dreading the rematch though. But I hope we will be very fired up and angry and hammer them hard in Wembley and beat them 7-1 ;)

well ive got my tickets not really looking forward to it now though, just cant see us beating a team we have just lost 7-1 to. I know it will be a different game but were probably just put in a battling performance and lose by a goal or something.

It must be great to be chelsea fan going to wembley with confidence and not a worry about playing a team they have just beat 7-1.

well ive got my tickets not really looking forward to it now though, just cant see us beating a team we have just lost 7-1 to. I know it will be a different game but were probably just put in a battling performance and lose by a goal or something.

It must be great to be chelsea fan going to wembley with confidence and not a worry about playing a team they have just beat 7-1.

If Chelsea and their fans go with that attitude then we will beat them! They (unlike most of our fans for some reason) will no doubt realise that freak results happen, and that wasn't the Aston Villa that everyone is familiar with.