• Brazil
    • Germany
    • Spain
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • Holland
    • Other

Hmm Spain is the obvious choice but I'm not so sure despite them being one of the best teams along with Brazil.

I reckon it will be one of the more organised teams again that don't have THAT many names. So Italy to retain or Germany.

I went with Spain, but Spain are always the big under achievers so it's a tough one.

On paper I think they are strongest. Torres and Villa are probably the hottest strikers in Europe right now along with Messi, and with Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas.. they have a fantastic midfield too. Their defense is still a little suspect but Casillas is also class.

Just depends if Spain will do their usual thing, or whether it'll be a freak tournament for them where they actual reach their potential, like the last European Championships.

Spain were under-achievers until they won the Euros. They now know they can win and they have a team crammed full of club winners.

Spain were under-achievers until they won the Euros. They now know they can win and they have a team crammed full of club winners.

Exactly, the idea that Spain are bottlers no longer holds water. This group of spanish players knows nothing but winning tournaments. They will remember 2008 rather than the failed tournaments of the players who went before them.

A team from Europe has never won the tourney outside of Europe.

Worth remembering.

While this is true, I feel it is largely irrelevant given that we're in the relative unknown of Africa.

Â