Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

I just had my first venture into multiplayer and don't have a clue what the hell I am supposed to do. I found a 'gang match' station thingy but then there was nobody to play. Went to a grab the bag game, nobody. Weird.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister is off the E3 next week I think, I'm hoping she cops pictures of the new Assassins Creed and Heavy Rain.

theres no new heavy rain is there?

i interviewed the guy behind it last june and he was adamant theyd not do a sequel

du fondaumeire and cage were both positive thered be no sequel, to paraphrase "there are enough stories to tell without having to revisit characters twice"

so itd surprise me, not to say that theyll be involved of course

id full expect another quantic dream game, along the same lines, but not a sequel as such

Well, Heavy Rain was the spiritual successor to Fahrenheit. I cant see the next game from David Cage being Heavy Rain 2, but they will probably do something that is obviously in the same spirit.

Finished the main story, very good :)

I thought it was the most disappointing and short sighted ending to any game I've played in a long time.

Major spoiler-heavy post game thoughts.

So I go from controlling a bad ass who I've spent hours and hours with, to playing some clearing in the woods with a squeaky voice, who we have only known for half an hour, a good 29 minutes of that him being a dick? The end to the game was good from a story perspective, but it completely ruins the re-play value.

I don't want to finish the side quests and go hunting with this guy. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Not to mention the stupidity of him, 3 years later, having his dad's old loot and the same honour/fame. So we turn up in town, and everyone knows who we are, even though we've not saved whores, killed well-known bandits, or lead revolutions? "Who is this guy and where the **** is John" is what I'd want to know if I were standing in Blackwater as Jack walks past.

The game was good, the story was fantastic, but I won't put this game in again, they completely ruined it for me. We can avoid this, and I would have, if I'd read the post a couple of pages back, shame I didn't, so I'm stuck with this limp dick of a character if I want to play.

I wish I'd stopped when John got his ranch. Lots more tedious herding missions, then a cockslap to the face, bad times

What?!

The ending is a classic and a major nod to Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid. A fantastic ending to a classic western and an equally excellent ending to a game. And without wishing to labour the obvious, by getting control of his son, you’re able to fully complete the Redemption angle of the title and with it, bury the old west.

Finished the main story, very good :)

I thought it was the most disappointing and short sighted ending to any game I've played in a long time.

Major spoiler-heavy post game thoughts.

So I go from controlling a bad ass who I've spent hours and hours with, to playing some clearing in the woods with a squeaky voice, who we have only known for half an hour, a good 29 minutes of that him being a dick? The end to the game was good from a story perspective, but it completely ruins the re-play value.

I don't want to finish the side quests and go hunting with this guy. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Not to mention the stupidity of him, 3 years later, having his dad's old loot and the same honour/fame. So we turn up in town, and everyone knows who we are, even though we've not saved whores, killed well-known bandits, or lead revolutions? "Who is this guy and where the **** is John" is what I'd want to know if I were standing in Blackwater as Jack walks past.

The game was good, the story was fantastic, but I won't put this game in again, they completely ruined it for me. We can avoid this, and I would have, if I'd read the post a couple of pages back, shame I didn't, so I'm stuck with this limp dick of a character if I want to play.

I wish I'd stopped when John got his ranch. Lots more tedious herding missions, then a cockslap to the face, bad times

I felt a bit cheated too! Dont really want to carry on : (

Have you kept playing untill the credits have rolled?

My spoiler post earlier on was to do with that... I'd advise everybody to do what I said in that post, it's not too much of a spoiler either.

Made it to Mexico. I crossed the border at midnight, shooting heavy sections in the pitch black are a pain in the arse. I didnt get the song everybody said was so great either. :?

However, I made it to the first town in Mexico and spotted a rather excellent Big Lebowski reference. :D

biglebowski21.jpg

Made it to Mexico. I crossed the border at midnight, shooting heavy sections in the pitch black are a pain in the arse. I didnt get the song everybody said was so great either. :?

I didn't get it either. I think its because I whistled for my Kentucky Saddler instead of getting on the nag that was already there. :?

I didn't get it either. I think its because I whistled for my Kentucky Saddler instead of getting on the nag that was already there. :?

Possibly that, the song stopped playing for me as soon as I got off that horse.

Â