News story of the day

BOF

As long as you are acutely aware of the dangers of data roaming, you will not incur thousands of dollars' worth of bills, regardless of your knowledge of the minute details of the paperwork.

Is that the case?

Are we all always aware of the data usage of every application we have running, &c.?

Not sure what 'acutely aware of the dangers' means other than being a rather businessspeak version of 'you should have known better and deserved less'. :P

I was under the impression data roaming was capped nowadays ?

Certainly is with 02 as they send me a text everytime i go abroad telling me exactly what the charges will be

OK it was yesterday but still ...

Reunion Island: Shark kills teenage snorkeller just 15 feet from beach

great-white-shark-pic-getty-images-32722

A shark today ripped a teenage holidaymaker in half and swam off with the upper part of her body.

The 15-year-old “died instantly” after the predator dragged her underwater in front of her sister.

The girls were fewer than 15ft from the beach on the paradise island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean but were snorkelling in a part of a bay that is banned to swimmers.

Officials on the French island said there had been recent attacks on surfers in the area but that it had been a “long time” since a shark pounced so near the shore.

They added: “The operation to recover the upper part of the body is ongoing.”

The victim was from ­mainland France and had been staying on the island with her father, who runs a yacht club in the St Paul area.

In May a French honeymooner died of injuries he sustained in a shark attack while surfing not far from a beach on Reunion.

What possesses someone to go "snorkelling in a part of a bay that is banned to swimmers" owing to the amount of sharks in that area? There's a certain arrogance required to do that I think. She won't be doing that again.

I read several articles on this incident (trying to find the type of shark that attacked) and the Mirror one was the only one to go into the level of detail that I put in bold type above :D

OK it was yesterday but still ...

great-white-shark-pic-getty-images-32722

A shark today ripped a teenage holidaymaker in half and swam off with the upper part of her body.

The 15-year-old “died instantly” after the predator dragged her underwater in front of her sister.

The girls were fewer than 15ft from the beach on the paradise island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean but were snorkelling in a part of a bay that is banned to swimmers.

Officials on the French island said there had been recent attacks on surfers in the area but that it had been a “long time” since a shark pounced so near the shore.

They added: “The operation to recover the upper part of the body is ongoing.”

The victim was from ­mainland France and had been staying on the island with her father, who runs a yacht club in the St Paul area.

In May a French honeymooner died of injuries he sustained in a shark attack while surfing not far from a beach on Reunion.

What possesses someone to go "snorkelling in a part of a bay that is banned to swimmers" owing to the amount of sharks in that area? There's a certain arrogance required to do that I think. She won't be doing that again.

I've swam with sharks countless times , bull sharks included ( they are responsible for most human attacks if I recall ) .... 99% of the time they are harmless enough

Saying that I probably wouldn't have swam where that girl did against advice

I've swam with sharks countless times , bull sharks included ( they are responsible for most human attacks if I recall ) .... 99% of the time they are harmless enough

I was under the impression that was Tiger sharks Mr Putin.

I think Tiger and Great White cause more deaths ... But bulls do the most attacks

Though oceanic white tip may dispute the GW and tiger claim :)

I think Tiger and Great White cause more deaths ... But bulls do the most attacks

According to this article it is as follows.

1. Great White

2. Tiger

3. Bull

http://www.top10stop.com/world/top-10-most-dangerous-human-killing-sharks-oceans-most-agressive-predators

1. Great White

2. Tiger

3. Bull

http://www.top10stop.com/world/top-10-most-dangerous-human-killing-sharks-oceans-most-agressive-predators

Wow

1. Great White

2. Tiger

3. Bull

4. rjw63

:)

1. Great White

2. Tiger

3. Bull

That article is utter garbage though. Oceanic White Tip at number 9 with one fatality? Ask the survivors of the USS Indianapolis if that's accurate :) Shark attack numbers are geographical anyway. South Africa (or African in general) has the Bull at number one because he's also capable of swimming into fresh water, the cheating bar steward :)

Â