FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guzan was right imo, he wouldn't have made it, correct decision

He bottled it plain and simple. Friedel would have been all over that ball, Guzan took the cowardly way out by putting the onus on Carlos. Guzan never even attempted to come out.

You're talking drivel. The very fact people are debating it shows it wasn't certain. In which case, defender puts it out. I wonder sometimes if people have ever played the game.

No offence :)

I was a goalkeeper and a pretty decent one. Defenders like a confident goalkeeper and in that moment he showed no confidence whatsoever. Just because he shouted "Away" it doesn't mean he was right in doing so. If thats the case a Keeper could just stand on his line shouting "away" and taking no responsibilty. Big Brad would have collected that ball easily. Guzan will be a good keeper one day but a huge part of being a keeper is the mental side, something which may not come to him until his late 20s / early 30s.

I am not gonna spend the rest of the game arguing the toss over something which cannot be proven though so lets just get on with the game.