The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Sometimes they are the first to release certain hardware, yes. Mainly because no-one else can get away with the prices they charge. But for every retina (debatable if actually better than existing SAMOLED technology, and is actually nothing to do with Apple) that they brought out first, there's a hundred other things they didn't come out with first.

Widely copied? Are you serious?

So sometimes they do come out with things before other companies, right just so we have that right, a company trying to make money shocker.

So current 'ultrabooks' do or do not look like a Macbook Air?

What other laptops were made with a single solid structure before the MacBook Pro in 08?

I seem to remember them being made of of flimsy black plastic.

All companies my good bad products, all companies and good bad service etc etc.

By the looks of things, Apple could cure death or make a time machine and you'd have a problem with it.

Sometimes they are the first to release certain hardware, yes. Mainly because no-one else can get away with the prices they charge. But for every retina (debatable if actually better than existing SAMOLED technology, and is actually nothing to do with Apple) that they brought out first, there's a hundred other things they didn't come out with first.

Widely copied? Are you serious?

So sometimes they do come out with things before other companies, right just so we have that right, a company trying to make money shocker.

So current 'ultrabooks' do or do not look like a Macbook Air?

What other laptops were made with a single solid structure before the MacBook Pro in 08?

I seem to remember them being made of of flimsy black plastic.

All companies my good bad products, all companies and good bad service etc etc.

By the looks of things, Apple could cure death or make a time machine and you'd have a problem with it.

Macbooks look more like laptops than Ultrabooks look like Macbook Airs. It's a keyboard and a screen, the changes since the original laptops have been down to the tech inside more than design outside.

The new Series 9 doesn't look like the Air. It's far more gorgeous to look at, is a different colour and is much thinner, lighter and has a smaller footprint.

They are all takes on a laptop at the end of the day.

The reason I ditched my Iphone 4 for Android was that I had got bored of the interface and the way it works. I just wonder how much longer Apple can go on tweaking the iOS with making a major change to compete with Android & Windows because if someone gave you an Iphone 3 and a new iphone 5 the GUI is primarily the same 5+years on.

Exactly the problem Microsoft faced with Windows Mobile. It was dated and needed to be revamped. iOS is dated and needs a revamp. The fact it's still just rows of icons. I mean seriously? Just icons and the set 4 persistent icons in the tray.

Like it or not Windows Phone 8 is far more modern. Being born in an age when phones had plenty of processing grunt to help it look nice. You can fit fit loads of tiles on the start screen and it still looks cool. I keep my default home screen bare on Android. Rows of icons looks unsightly. I keep them on other home screens. But to not have even that option on iOS!

Dated alright. Like windows got and Microsoft suffered from its arrogance. Apple may well too.

In my experience, the people who care the most about what iPhones can and can't do are the people determined to let us know that their phone is better than one.

Exactly this. Generally most own iPhones.

iPhone users are desperate to show that their phones are better than iPhones? :?

In my experience, the people who care the most about what iPhones can and can't do are the people determined to let us know that their phone is better than one.

Exactly this. Generally most own iPhones.

In my experience it's the opposite :) Those who care most about what iPhones can and can't do are Android users.

I don't care either way.

That's basically what I was getting at.

iPhone fanbois exist, of course they do.

But **** me, I've met a hell of a lot more Android fanbois than Apple!

Actually, that's not fair. it's not just Android. It's just a general anti-iPhone point of view.

They're right, of course. Android is better. But they don't half love telling people about it.

Stevo that's a symptom of Apple user ignorance. Like my mates work colleague saying he wouldn't get an android phone because he needs sat nav. He is identifying a feature he needs and out of complete ignorance assumes only iphones have it.

The thing is if you wrenched his iphone from him and made him use an android for a month he'd probably be amazed at the things he can do. That's where the supposed android fanboi comes from. Apple user ignorance.

If someone can at least identity what it is they like or want then there would be no consternation. The way we do for all other devices and consumer products, and insurance and etc..

Android fans going on about Android is because there are incorrect negative myths and misconceptions about Android and also a pre conditioned opinion in iphone users minds that the grass couldn't be greener. The still common stance of

Apple = Best. End of. I don't need any information about Android to know that.

Those Apple people. Have us pulling our hair out. So we end up talking about what Android can do ad nauseum.

Apple fanbois are commonplace. Most Android fanbois are just people who know what they are talking about.

If you asked an iPhone user why they picked the iPhone most will give you zero reason that has anything to do with features, it'll be to do with brand.

If you asked the average person why they chose that car they will be able to give you reasons.

If you asked the average Android user why they picked that particular phone they will likely give you reasons why.

Here is where the consternation lies, people buy Apple products for reasons they couldn't articulate themselves. But general consumer ignorance of a sector like smartphones won't last forever.

Apples current iPhone success has been to do with the belief among the average user that the iPhone is more accessible as a first time smarthpone. Most have no real idea what to expect when they buy, they just see the market migrating to smartphones and the iPhone is the obvious choice. But you can't mop up first time buyers forever. Eventually people get used to their phones and then can define what they want from them. Then you have a normal competitive market, not the market Apple has enjoyed in recent years where it has had a head start as it's revolutionised a sector with a product like the iPhone for example.

Today Apple is about to move further behind the competition when it announces absolutely zero new features to the smartphone sector in its new iPhone, all features are merely catch up. We can only hope this will lead to tech sites - in the US in particular -finally having to face the inevitable, to criticise the iPhone for no longer innovating in the sector is revolutionised.

WOW. Not even I could have imagined it would be as underwhelming as that. The whole phone leaked. No surprises at all and siri even didn't work. Brilliant stuff.

I love how they just copied all the features of Chrome for new Safari. The copying of Android has reached new levels today. Google must be beaming.

Â