The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I've had my iPhone 18 months and now the earphone port is ****, I can't listen to any music. Can this be fixed under warranty? If not what would it cost as I'm 6 months away from an upgrade

My ringer switch on the side is being problematic. It pretty much stays on loud and only when I touch it it changes to silent but then switches straight back to loud. I looked closely and there doest seem to be any damage. Not sure what is wrong.

I've had my iPhone 18 months and now the earphone port is ****, I can't listen to any music. Can this be fixed under warranty? If not what would it cost as I'm 6 months away from an upgrade

It's got nothing to do with warranty. This port should not have failed within 18 months and so the retailer is responsible for providing a remedy. I've linked the sale of goods act enough times.

That really depends on who you signed up with. If you are on T Mobile, unlucky sir, but you probably should have done a bit more research before spending all that money!

ive been with vodafone for about 6 or 7 years, and ive had unlimited internet for the last 18 months and was told when I was upgrading that I was on the exact same contract except for the fact it was now 24 months instead of 18 months.

They've all got fair use policies. I'm lucky because I got on T-Mobile before they changed to 500MB / month. It's nothing to do with the iPhone, it's the network.

But you'll likely use it connected to WiFi for most of the time anyway.

TuneIn Radio is great. I have it on my iPod Touch and my Android phone. It will nibble into your data allowance (everything on 3G will) but radio tends to stream at no more than 48kbps. It will take you about 50 hours of continuous streaming to hit 1gb of data.

Downloaded "Game Dev Story" the other day. It's a sim game about running a video game development company.

Pretty simple but lots of fun and very addictive! You start off very small making PC games but grow, and hire better staff, make sequels, win awards etc. And eventually you can make your own console (haven't got that far yet).

Pretty fun.

Apologies if this has been discussed many times before, but is the sky mobile tv app worth getting? Is the quality good enough? For someone who doesn't have sky, watches awful streams on the the computer and probably spends about £30/40 a month in the pub whilst watching football anyway......I thought for £8 a month, it looked fantastic. But then some things are always too good to be true.....

Any advice/reviews would be grand!

Downloaded "Game Dev Story" the other day. It's a sim game about running a video game development company.

Pretty simple but lots of fun and very addictive! You start off very small making PC games but grow, and hire better staff, make sequels, win awards etc. And eventually you can make your own console (haven't got that far yet).

Pretty fun.

Sad bit of trivia, but I tweeted one of the real life people who has a character in Game Dev Story when I sacked him in the game to inform him he was getting his cards, and he replied. :lol:

Is there a way to view full webpages on the iPhone / iPad instead of the mobile sites?

Basically a site is now forcing all mobile users onto the mobile site. Is there a browser that can let you force the full site.

Thanks.

Â