The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Signal strength is definitely an issue on mine.

Screen is better but not dramatically so.

Camera is much improved though.

Going from the 3G to the new one I did expect more of leap in all honesty

Signal drop, possible strange fix

Take your sim out and put it back in and voilà.

Seems to have worked for quite a few people.

I think the screen has defiantly dramatically changed..

iconcompare.jpg

3GS on left ;)

Hi Jez, the resolution on the new phone is 4 x that of the 3GS what I meant was that in every day use it's hard to see the benefit compared to what was an already pretty decent screen. I think I will need a week or two of use to come to a more considered opinion.

Signal drop, possible strange fix

Take your sim out and put it back in and voilà.

Seems to have worked for quite a few people.

I think the screen has defiantly dramatically changed..

iconcompare.jpg

3GS on left ;)

Who gets that close to the screen to see that sort of detail though?

It's the last one they will ever need to do though. They say the human eye cant see more than 300 pixels per inch, and that is now what the 4G has.

Signal strength is definitely an issue on mine.

Screen is better but not dramatically so.

Camera is much improved though.

Going from the 3G to the new one I did expect more of leap in all honesty

Mine has the signal issue also although its not big enough an issue for me to take it back(yet)No dropped calls and I only lose signal if I squeeze really hard.

Screen is nice but as you say not dramatically different.

I think we will start to see it improve over the coming months as developers get to grips with the added power.

At the end of the day its still an iphone just shinier,I'm pleased as it has cost me nothing after selling my 3g (plus they carried over the £15pm discount I was on before which surprised me) but I would be a bit miffed if I had forked £600 on one.

Unfortunately the iPhone 4 was already obsolete before it was released. The Samsung Galaxy S has a better screen (super-AMOLED), same CPU, faster memory and massively better graphics performance. It also has a much better OS in Android 2.1 / 2.2 and no walled-garden vendor lock-in of Apple. http://lifehacker.com/5575317/smartphone-comparison-chart-dishes-the-dirt-on-smartphone-specs

Seems like a massive fall from grace for the iPhone.

Unfortunately the iPhone 4 was already obsolete before it was released.

So any phone which does not have the absolute top spec available is obsolete......

Better get onto phones4u and carphone warehouse and tell them they better have a sale on all those obsolete handset they have.

Lads do you think the actual design of the new iphone, the glassy edge etc, is an improvement? I picked one up the other day and was astonished by the rigidness of it. Apple pride themselves on super design, sleekness and feel etc but I found the look and feel of it a tad boring. Great to use though I must say. (even though I'm an Android user).

So any phone which does not have the absolute top spec available is obsolete......

Better get onto phones4u and carphone warehouse and tell them they better have a sale on all those obsolete handset they have.

But Apple keep coming out with stuff like:

Apple"]

While everyone else was busy trying to keep up with iPhone, we were busy creating amazing new features that make iPhone more powerful, easier to use, and more indispensable than ever. The result is iPhone 4. The biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone.

It claims to be the best phone, when in almost every way it's not. Various cheaper phones don't claim to be the best of anything, they do what they're supposed to for what they're supposed to cost.

I guess I'm just completely underwhelmed by it TBH. I expected something groundbreaking and they've just made something else that sells by marketing alone and isn't out of this world at doing anything.

Apple"]

While everyone else was busy trying to keep up with iPhone, we were busy creating amazing new features that make iPhone more powerful, easier to use, and more indispensable than ever. The result is iPhone 4. The biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone.

It claims to be the best phone, when in almost every way it's not. Various cheaper phones don't claim to be the best of anything, they do what they're supposed to for what they're supposed to cost.

I guess I'm just completely underwhelmed by it TBH. I expected something groundbreaking and they've just made something else that sells by marketing alone and isn't out of this world at doing anything.

So it aint obsolete then.

The Iphone has never been cutting edge has it. A good handset with one killer selling point which has made it popular. Being popular almost never means its the best.

Android handsets are on the other hand far superior but will always appeal more to geeks than average consumers.

Not sure that Android handsets despite being better will be mounting a meaningful challenge for the hearts and minds of consumers of Apples Handset.

Apple"]

So it aint obsolete then.

The Iphone has never been cutting edge has it. A good handset with one killer selling point which has made it popular. Being popular almost never means its the best.

Android handsets are on the other hand far superior but will always appeal more to geeks than average consumers.

Not sure that Android handsets despite being better will be mounting a meaningful challenge for the hearts and minds of consumers of Apples Handset.

Is there not enough action for you on your Android thread? :P

Well the reception on the Iphone seems to have improved dramatically - not sure why though.

Bad news though if you have a Sky Wireless Router because if its like mine its quicker to turn wifi off and use a 3G connection

Mine has finished syncing all the bits but i'm still waiting for the sim to go live.. it's been nearly 7 hours. My first impression of my own handset is that the screen really is super clear and it all works very very fast. I get on tvcatchup extremely fast now, on wifi of course as I'm not on the network yet. It all looks really very clear. In fact.. clearer than the real world which is wierd. Some of the HD movies I've seen online at full screen on a 23" HD monitor are really impressive too.

Took a few snaps of a friends baby today.. the quality of the pix is pretty good! Looking at them on my monitor now

Â