The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Decent card tonight from Wembley and Donaire in the early hours 8)

Cleverley looked pretty good I thought, still caught a few flush shots so needs to work on that, not everyone is going to be as feather fisted as that Italian. Might have been imagining it but it looked to me like Cleverley was uncomfortable at times when he was getting caught, time will tell I suppose.

I refuse to say anything positive about Frankie Gavin while he has a small heath badge on his shorts, the word removed.

De Gale is probably the best of the bunch, enjoy watching him.

Derek Chisora is as mad as a box of frogs, and his opponent (who's name I've already forgotten) put in one of the most pathetic performances I've ever seen, what the **** was he playing at? Shame cos he did a number on Williams in that prize fighter and didn't look too bad in that one.

I refuse to say anything positive about Frankie Gavin while he has a small heath badge on his shorts, the word removed.

Agreed.

In all honesty, despite the obvious reason to dislike him he's the one that impresses me least if I'm honest. Mitchell, Cleverley and De Gale all look like potential world-beaters to me, Gavin looks too feather-fisted and also gets cut easily....I reckon he'll fail at the top level. Let's face it he's never going to be a winner with "that" on his shorts is he?

I'll reserve judgement on Cleverley also at the moment though, I've got the feeling he might have an Enzo Maccarinelli-esque chin but I'm not 100% on it yet.

Khan to fight Malignaggi on May 15 in MSG.

Last I heard he was fighting Marquez, what happened to that? Not nearly feather fisted enough for Amir I suspect. Hope Malignaggi puts him in hospital.

Well there little twitter war both seem to mention May 15 as MSG.

Â