The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

BoxingScene.com was advised by Freddie Roach, trainer of WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan, that a fight with Juan Manuel Marquez is on the table. Contrary to widespread media reports, Roach says there is no set agreement to fight mandatory Marcos Maidana. In fact, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told BoxingScene on Monday that he simply postponed the WBA's mandated purse bid for another two weeks to give himself additional time to reach an agreement between Khan and Maidana, who are both under the Golden Boy banner.

"There has been talk about Paulie Malignaggi at The Garden but they are worried about ticket sales and Paulie filling The Garden. That's what I'm told. I would like to kick Paulie's @ss because he's talking about my fighter [Manny Pacquioa]. He's an expert on steroids too now," Roach told BoxingScene.

Roach advised Khan to avoid a Maidana fight for a little while to allow the hype to build up. He doesn't think there is enough buzz or money in the match. He was approached by Golden Boy about the possibility of fighting Juan Manuel Marquez and Roach accepted that fight.

"I asked him not to fight Maidana right away because I think that fight needs to be built up. He is not well known enough and there is not enough money in that fight. If it gets built up, it could be a real big fight, so the thing is we are going to fight someone else and they just asked me if we would fight Marquez and I said 'yes we will fight Marquez.' So that's going to be on the table now and that's a possible opponent also."

Roach doesn't want Khan to vacate his title but if the WBA forces the Maidana meeting, he is not sure on the exact direction they will take.

"Amir is very proud of his title and he doesn't want to give it up. Maybe we could put Maidana on this undercard [Khan-Marquez] and build the fight up a little bit better and maybe the winners could fight each other," Roach said.

Gibbery needs to **** off. The most famous drug pusher in the world. Not to mention the lies about the testing 14 days out.

Former junior middleweight champion Fernando "El Feroz" Vargas contacted BoxingScene.com to respond to comments made by Hector Camacho Sr. Some of you may recall last fall Hector Camacho Jr. called out Vargas and recently Camacho Sr. followed suit in issuing a challenge to Vargas. El Feroz is planning to begin training next month for a ring return scheduled to take place later in the year.

Vargas had this to say in response to Camacho, "THAT COKE HEAD NEEDS MORE COKE MONEY!!! I KO'd Yori Boy Campas when he was 76-3 with 63KOs AND he was World Champ! The coke head COULDN'T take him out AFTER ALL the BEATINGS I GAVE HIM?!! The OLD MAN just needs more COKE MONEY! He better NEVER act crazy with ME IF WE EVER MEET or I'LL SLAP THA TASTE OUT HIS MOUTH FOR REAL!

Former junior middleweight champion Fernando "El Feroz" Vargas contacted BoxingScene.com to respond to comments made by Hector Camacho Sr. Some of you may recall last fall Hector Camacho Jr. called out Vargas and recently Camacho Sr. followed suit in issuing a challenge to Vargas. El Feroz is planning to begin training next month for a ring return scheduled to take place later in the year.

Vargas had this to say in response to Camacho, "THAT COKE HEAD NEEDS MORE COKE MONEY!!! I KO'd Yori Boy Campas when he was 76-3 with 63KOs AND he was World Champ! The coke head COULDN'T take him out AFTER ALL the BEATINGS I GAVE HIM?!! The OLD MAN just needs more COKE MONEY! He better NEVER act crazy with ME IF WE EVER MEET or I'LL SLAP THA TASTE OUT HIS MOUTH FOR REAL!

Vargas always was a moron, I think he took one too many bangs to the head in his career to be honest. I saw a picture of him a while ago, he was about 20 stone :o

Â