The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Former WBA World Super-Bantamweight champion Bernard Dunne has announced his retirement from boxing.

Dunne confirmed his decision in an interview with RTÉ Sport's Joe Stack, claiming 'it is time to step on and face new challenges'.

The Neilstown man said: 'After a long thought-out process and speaking with my family I've decided to announce my retirement from boxing.

'I've achieved all my life dreams and ambitions in the sport and it is the right moment for me.

'I'm 30 years of age and it is time to step on and face new challenges.'

Dunne highlighted his victory over Ricardo Cordoba in front of a capacity crowd in Dublin's O2 Arena last March to win the WBA World Super-Bantamweight title as the highlight of his career.

The feat came on the same day as Ireland winning the Grand Slam in the Six Nations on what was one of the greatest days in the history of Irish sport.

'There have been so many highs in my career but to pick one out you'd have to pick the night against Cordoba.

'It is the stuff dreams are really made of. That night was, I suppose you could say, like a movie script.'

A couple rumours about a Tyson comeback :? :(

Never going to happen, but as long as he's under 45 this kind of thing will crop up once in a while - just about sums up the HW division really.

I'd much rather see a Corrie Sanders comeback, personally :P

Hatton has changed his mind and decided he wants to be fat instead of return to the ring. Ducking Paulie, obviously.

Vitali will defend against Albert Sosnowski on May 29th in Germany. Audley is now looking for a new opponent for the European title on April 9th.

I touched the shoulder of Paulie at the presser 8)

I got a picture with him as well. Oscar De La Hoya signed my glove :D

Got some great pics as well which are coming soon. When they were face to face I shouted for Paulie to chin him which brought a smile from them 8) A lad in the crowd shouted "Paulie, I like your eyebrows" Which was brilliant. PM shouted back "Thanks, I like them too" Someone told De La Hoya he needed to shave when he first got there and the second time he came out someone shouted "Smile Oscar, you're a millionaire!" which got a laugh from him :lol:

Someone said Khan was going to KO Paulie when PM was walking past and apparently Paulie cussed his Mum :lol:

Sexy ladies there aswell :poundit: :poundit:

Â