The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I doubt the Pac fight will start that early, they usually start around 4-4.30, sometimes even later. Ah just checked, it's in Texas so it's central time, yep might be 3 then.

I've got a feeling Clottey is going to have some moments in this one, too. Don't think he'll win but he might prove a tougher obstacle than Cotto was.

"For the first time, you have professional athletes in the sport of boxing approaching us to implement an anti-doping program and those athletes are now full enrolled in this program," stated United States Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis T. Tygart as he, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer and Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe held a conference call to discuss the drug testing program for the upcoming clash between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley.

"At this point, both athletes have agreed to USADA's testing protocols, including both blood and urine testing, which is unannounced, which is anywhere at any time. Our staff has met with each athlete and their camps to explain the procedures and the process and each athlete has submitted their whereabouts information so that they can be located for this unannounced blood and urine testing," he revealed, giving details about the procedures that both fighters will be subjected to. "There is no limit to the number of tests that we can complete on these boxers. Of course, those will be distributed among the boxers in a fair manner. Any positive test will be published following a thorough legal process provided under our protocols. And of course if one or more of the boxers commits an anti-doping rule violation, WADA code penalties will be put in place."

MUCH MORE DETAILS FROM TYGART BELOW...

"This really started, I guess, back at the end of last year when Floyd's camp and Golden Boy approached us to learn more about our program."

"This is our program. They're held to the same standard that all Olympic athletes around the world are being held to, which is the WADA code standard, so as I mentioned previously, they're in our competition testing pool, they're providing us their whereabouts, they're subject to the same list of prohibited substances that the World Anti-Doping Agency propagates."

"The sanctions are WADA code sanctions, so there's a 2-year penalty/suspension that will be put in place and disqualification in advance of this fight if a boxer tests positive."

"There are at least 4 potent performance-enhancing drugs that are not detected in urine, including Human Growth Hormone, HBT, which is Homologous Blood Transfusion, HBOC, and that spelled H B O C, which is synthetic hemoglobin, and then the passport program...It is just simply false to say that urine can detect everything that you would be concerned about. It can't. You'd have to do blood. There's no other reason we would be doing blood. If we didn't have to do blood to have an effective program, why would we do it? It makes absolutely no sense."

"We did education with both fighters last weekend and they provided there whereabouts information to us, so we know where to find them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and they have an obligation to update that as the weeks progress. They're subject to testing, both blood and urine, no advance notice at any time all the way up until and after the fight."

Testing protocol sounds very good :thumb: I look forward to a nice, clean fight

Klitschko fight worth watching?

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Thought so. :lol:

What's the deal with doping in boxing these days? Is it a regular yet rarely spoke of issue?

It's an issue that is gaining more publicity these days because of Floyd's demands for Random Olympic style testing. The current testing by the commissions are inept and need big changes. We wont know who is taking HGH and other performance enhancers until there is a revamp of the testing system.

Doesn't help when the "best P4P fighter in the world" is opposed to decent testing though.

Klitschko fight worth watching?

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Thought so. :lol:

What's the deal with doping in boxing these days? Is it a regular yet rarely spoke of issue?

It's an issue that is gaining more publicity these days because of Floyd's demands for Random Olympic style testing. The current testing by the commissions are inept and need big changes. We wont know who is taking HGH and other performance enhancers until there is a revamp of the testing system.

Doesn't help when the "best P4P fighter in the world" is opposed to decent testing though.

It truly was **** awful mate....all of Wlads fights are boring as **** but this one went off the charts - Steward is the one that has made him all safety first to protect his china chin and even he was screaming at him to throw punches and just put the guy out of his misery :shock:

All the Krauts are orgasming over it on the boxing boards as per usual though - can't believe 51,000 people paid to watch that sack of shit.

I watched the fight with an old mate who I hadn't seen for years who used to follow boxing years ago when Tyson/Lewis/Holyfield were the stars, and he was disgusted....the phrase "what the hell happened to footwork and head movement" was used several times....

Wlads next KO loss can't come soon enough for me, the HW division is ridiculously bad these days. Not his fault but I'm tired of the bullshit people talk about him, he's an awful, awful champion.

It truly was **** awful mate....all of Wlads fights are boring as **** but this one went off the charts - Steward is the one that has made him all safety first to protect his china chin and even he was screaming at him to throw punches and just put the guy out of his misery :shock:

All the Krauts are orgasming over it on the boxing boards as per usual though - can't believe 51,000 people paid to watch that sack of shit.

I watched the fight with an old mate who I hadn't seen for years who used to follow boxing years ago when Tyson/Lewis/Holyfield were the stars, and he was disgusted....the phrase "what the hell happened to footwork and head movement" was used several times....

Wlads next KO loss can't come soon enough for me, the HW division is ridiculously bad these days. Not his fault but I'm tired of the bullshit people talk about him, he's an awful, awful champion.

"what the hell happened to footwork and head movement" - too true about the HW division at the moment. I really don't see what the Germans see.

I'm hoping Haye can do something to liven it up. Talking of Haye... the advertising campaign of "Lord of the Ring" they are showing on Sky is woeful. I can't imagine the prospect of John Ruiz is forcing the fans to grab their credit cards either.

Pacquiao talking of retiring again, wonder if the Pactards will say he's ducking Floyd........

I knew that was coming when it was announced he was standing for election.

Just watched the FMJ vs SSM face off video. Seems like there is a fair bit of respect between the 2 of them. Shame the fight couldn't of happened sooner.

The greatest heavyweight in history :notworthy:

;)

raww2e.gif

aktvzp.gif

- Quality KO from Randall Bailey

- May Mosley face off

Pacquiao talking of retiring again, wonder if the Pactards will say he's ducking Floyd........

He's not even the greatest HW in his family :lol:

As for ATG status, probably in the mid-20's I'd have said. He's never even been undisputed champ, that says a lot.

The greatest heavyweight in history :notworthy:

;)

raww2e.gif

aktvzp.gif

- Quality KO from Randall Bailey

- May Mosley face off

He's not even the greatest HW in his family :lol:

As for ATG status, probably in the mid-20's I'd have said. He's never even been undisputed champ, that says a lot.

Top 20 ATG is nothing to be sniffed at in all honesty.

Is it wrong to want to see Audley Harrison in a world title fight? :lol:

Nice one for the doping thing mate, is it thought within the game that Pac is seriously doped up then?

There are those who believe he is and those who don't. Paulie Malignaggi has openly said that he thinks Pac is on something, and Floyd pushed for him to agree to random Olympic style testing before their proposed fight.

When Pac's trainer was asked why he didn't agree to the tests, he said this:

"Fred, why is Pacquiao refusing to take a blood test for the potential fight against Mayweather?"

"Well, it's not really Manny but me, the Nevada State commission has been around a long time and is the best commission in the world they have been involved in every fight that I have had in my life. I don't work for Mayweather, he doesn't tell me what to do, he doesn't tell my fighter what to do, we go by the commission rules and by the sanction body rules and that's fine. That's the way boxing has been going for many years and it's good enough for the rest of the world and it's good enough for me."

Pretty lame reason, don't you think? I mean, who turns down a $25m dollar test out of principle?

I think a lot of people know Pac is on something, but don't want to admit it because they would rather believe he is just 'that good'.

Then there are those who ask how someone can be getting knocked out at Flyweight , and then be able to take shots from the likes of Miguel Cotto at Welterweight.

I'm not really the best person to ask though, as I think Pac is on something. Ask a Pac fan and you will get a better version of the other side of the story.

I'm not really the best person to ask though, as I think Pac is on something. Ask a Pac fan and you will get a better version of the other side of the story.

Ask a Pac fan and you'll get called a Flomo or a Joyboy. A large majority of them are unable to have a conversation about anything to do with Pacquiao and drugs.

Ask a Pac fan and you'll get called a Flomo or a Joyboy. A large majority of them are unable to have a conversation about anything to do with Pacquiao and drugs.

I was going to say that tbf.

Â