The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He was rushed to hospital after the fight apparently and need oxygen, but is "okay".

He's tweeted that he's OK. Had a scan, he's catching his scheduled flight back to Sydney today.

Browne looked really old, a total shell of what he was, and he wasn't that good anyway. Whyte on the other hand certainly looked sharper and more motivated than I've seen him, the sloppiness that marks most of his performances wasn't really there, better jab, better counters, cleaner punches in general, but he did have a punching bag in front of him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Browne looked really old, a total shell of what he was, and he wasn't that good anyway. Whyte on the other hand certainly looked sharper and more motivated than I've seen him, the sloppiness that marks most of his performances wasn't really there, better jab, better counters, cleaner punches in general, but he did have a punching bag in front of him.

Browned surely finished after this. Just watched the actual shot that koed him as sky for some reason refused to show it.

Was one hell of a shot. Browne defence was diabolical he might as well have had a sign of his head saying free hits here.

Not sure wilder can avoid whyte anymore. Wilder will win but I think whyte has got a lot better. Wont be a complete pushover for wilder.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't really see how Wilder is 'avoiding' Whyte when he's pursing Joshua. Wilder would demolish him IMO.

Whytes been calling him out for ages. It's a dangerous fight for wilder. AJ might not even beat Parker and no chance he be ready foe june. Of AJ wins next fight I expect him to fight pulev next before going on to fight wilder. 

It makes sense for wilder to fight whyte next. Whyte deserves his chance but I don't think he will demolish whyte. He couldn't even demolish a 45 year old Ortiz! Ortiz completely outboxed him but tired. Whyte is younger and got more in the tank. I think whyte can outbox wilder. I have my doubts whether whyte has the power to hurt wilder and i would expect wilder to win. But i dont think it will be a easy fight for wilder.

Edited by Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whytes been calling him out for ages. It's a dangerous fight for wilder. AJ might not even beat Parker and no chance he be ready foe june. Of AJ wins next fight I expect him to fight pulev next before going on to fight wilder. 

It makes sense for wilder to fight whyte next. Whyte deserves his chance but I don't think he will demolish whyte. He couldn't even demolish a 45 year old Ortiz! Ortiz completely outboxed him but tired. Whyte is younger and got more in the tank. I think whyte can outbox wilder. I have my doubts whether whyte has the power to hurt wilder and i would expect wilder to win. But i dont think it will be a easy fight for wilder.

Ortiz is a much better boxer than Whyte. Wilder would finish Whyte inside 6 as far as I'm concerned, he has very little skill and offers nothing that would challenge Wilder, Whyte is there to be hit. 

9 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Callum Johnson vs Frankie Buglioni full fight.  Spoiler: It was over in 90 seconds. 

Callum Johnson is actually very good, not surprised by this at all, he has good amateur pedigree and has looked good in the pros, he has real power and good technique. I think he could beat Anthony Yarde.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ortiz is a much better boxer than Whyte. Wilder would finish Whyte inside 6 as far as I'm concerned, he has very little skill and offers nothing that would challenge Wilder, Whyte is there to be hit. 

I think whyte beats Ortiz tbh. They are talking about whyte fighting breazale next if wilder fights aj.That would be intersting as they have both only lost to AJ.

I'd like to see that fight and see how whyte does if wilder refuses. If aj fights pulev next who will wilder fight? No more bums and no bodies. Ortiz was his only decent fight. Maybe haye if he beats bellew? 

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think Ortiz knocks Whyte out. Joshua is the one ducking Wilder, I don't know who Wilder would fight next, probably a WBC mandatory. 

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think Ortiz knocks Whyte out. Joshua is the one ducking Wilder, I don't know who Wilder would fight next, probably a WBC mandatory. 

I think AJs being smart he knows he can make a lot more money if the fights delayed until end of year. Also how can wilder demand a 50/50 split if SO has four titles to wilders one?

I still don't know which way it will go of they do meet . Either one of them could ko one another.

Surely the wbc contender will be whyte then? If fury gets a few warm up fights Id like to see how wilder does against fury. 

Joshua is the lightest he has been for 4 years when he fought Michael Sprott weighing in at 17st 4lbs, he was 18,2 against takam & 17,12 against wlad.

Parker is 16st 12lbs 7oz , this is 10lbs lightter than the snoozefest against Hughie Fury

In other news MGM resorts are offering full refunds for the Canelo GGG fight, I guess it doesn't really mean anything as they would easily be able to shift the tickets again if the fight was still on

Edited by LakotaDakota

AJ, looking as from as he's  ever looked . Robert McCracken was very vocal about him coming in heavier than he needed to be in previous  fights . Hopefully his stamina will hold up better now, as I think it will need to be for this fight, because I don't see Parker going early.

Looking forward to the Ryan Burnett fight. I really think this kid can scale the heights.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't see Joshua knocking Parker out. Its going to points.

Price vs povetkin will be a interesting fight

By rights Price should be decapitated by Povetkin, we could well witness a murder live on TV. 

If **** love Pricey to pull it out of the bag though, he really is one of boxings good guys

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't see Joshua knocking Parker out. Its going to points.

Price vs povetkin will be a interesting fight

The only interesting thing in this fight is to establish whether Price has magically found some heart to take the fight to an opponent. If he hasn't this will get ugly very quickly. 

Â