The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I rhink fury did him a favour pushing him down as if he hit him again he could have seriously hurt him. He should be thanking him if anything

I agree, Fury could have hit him again but instead let him fall.

Whyte can say all he wants about the fight, but the fact remains he never looked remotely in with a chance on Saturday night. Fury may as well retire because it's just going to be the same again regardless of the opponent.  Joshua isn't good enough, skill wise and, for me, Usyk isn't big enough, imo.

• Like 2

On 25/04/2022 at 16:08, Demitri_C said:

Whye talking about the push.  He was hurt but he does have a point

Whyte now demanding a rematch as he reckons he was illegally pushed over and hit his head on the canvas. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Whyte now demanding a rematch as he reckons he was illegally pushed over and hit his head on the canvas. 

spacer.png

It wasn't even a boxing match, it was a special pugilist operation.

• Haha 1

Sounds convincing this time.

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has confirmed he is "done" with boxing.

The 33-year-old British fighter had hinted at retiring after sixth-round knockout of Dillian Whyte in front of 94,000 fans at Wembley to retain his title on Saturday.

Speaking to Piers Morgan's TalkTV show on Wednesday, Fury said he was deciding to leave boxing behind to spend more time with his family.

BBC sport

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

Whyte wants to get beaten up for half an hour in return for 6 million quid. 

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Wait till someone mentions another 60m, He'd be like a rat up a .......

At this stage of Fury's career, I honestly don't believe it's about money, more about leaving his mark in the record books. He's a future hall of famer, that's a certainly. I think how he is remembered is more important to him than money. 

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem is what does Fury do now? He can’t do nothing . He needs to focus on something for his mental health.

I think he’ll fight on, not for the money but because he needs it.

He has to stop boxing one day. There are plenty of positives for him to focus on. Most of all, his children and beautiful wife. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

The problem is what does Fury do now? He can’t do nothing . He needs to focus on something for his mental health.

I think he’ll fight on, not for the money but because he needs it.

He probably do a bit of wwe, some exhibitions and sail off in the sunset with his family.

He should unify then retire i think

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

At this stage of Fury's career, I honestly don't believe it's about money, more about leaving his mark in the record books. He's a future hall of famer, that's a certainly. I think how he is remembered is more important to him than money. 

If you listen to Fury, he don't give a **** about legacy or the record books. He has said himself, to put him at the bottom of the list of great boxers, he really don't care.

Like someone has said, the Fury's love the money, like McGregor, an would come out of retirement for 50 million +. But then again who wouldn't.

Hearn also knows, the Uysk or AJ fight will be Fury's last and Hearn's retirement.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If you listen to Fury, he don't give a **** about legacy or the record books. He has said himself, to put him at the bottom of the list of great boxers, he really don't care.

Like someone has said, the Fury's love the money, like McGregor, an would come out of retirement for 50 million +. But then again who wouldn't.

Hearn also knows, the Uysk or AJ fight will be Fury's last and Hearn's retirement.

I listened to Fury the other day and he said he would be just as content living in a council flat, and how all his unhappy friends are the one's who are millionaires. Of course he cares about his legacy, that unbeaten tag is very important to him. 

He was forever making the point about being lineal, heavyweight champion. When they come calling to induct him into the HOF,  you really believe he's going to say, "I'm not interested?" I very much doubt it.

Â