Best Film of 2009 (Poll)

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• Public Enemies
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Star-Trek
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Let The Right One In
    • Gran Torino
    • Moon
    • The Hurt Locker
    • Mesrine

I haven't seen all those but my order would be something like:

The Hangover

Slumdog Millionaire

Inglorious Bastards

Gran Torino....

I downloaded Moon the other week and will watch that soon. In fact I'll probably download all those if they made this list...

I've only seen four of the poll list (somehow) but I'd have to say UP was great for a light movie. Gran Torino was good and Slumdog Millonaire was decent and deserved it's hype in the most part. I'm not sure The Hangover really lived up to it's hype however.

Now that list is better. It is a difficult choice which is my favourite out of the current list. I'd say the top three that I am about to list would be tied for my favourite, although I will make a decision. Anyway, if I was to put them in order (best to worst) they would be:

1) Mesrine (both parts)

2) Public Enemies

3) Moon

4) Let The Right One In

5) The Hurt Locker

6) Star Trek

7) The Hangover

8 ) Inglorious Basterds

9) Gran Torino

10) Slumdog Millionaire

11) Up

12) Avatar

Ok, decision time. I'm going to go for Public Enemies. Whilst not being the best film of the year in many ways, it appealed to me. I also thought it was a well made film, with good acting. I have watched it many times already and it doesn't get boring with repeated watches.

I still think Mesrine and Moon are really good though and my decision was so close. I actually think I ticked Mesrine on the poll, but oh well. It is a great pair of films anyway. By the way, parts one and two of Mesrine are being released on 25th January on Blu-Ray and DVD. They are both worth checking out in my opinion.

I think Up! was brilliant.

In terms of being an animated film, I feel that it will be one of those that will become a classic - for many many generations to come.

It has a great story, good entertainment for the kid, and that Dug the Talking Dug is one of the funniest animated characters around.

I just think it has to be the best film, because one can watch it again and again, and still tear up when the old man looks through the scrapbook ...

Hangover was awesome too, and I guess its a bit expected for it to have received the highest number of votes ... I mean the voting demographic are mostly made out of horny middle aged men who like to get pissed ...

Myself included.

But still I went for Up!, it's the kind of movie I think I'll watch with my kids and my grandkids.

Â