Best Film of 2009 (Poll)

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• Public Enemies
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Star-Trek
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Let The Right One In
    • Gran Torino
    • Moon
    • The Hurt Locker
    • Mesrine

giant octopus vs mega shark

well the first shark "attack" had me in stiches...

Not voting having only seen 4 of them up so far, though hoping to see GT and SM in the next day or two, but of those there, Up is my favourite so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I Love You Man was ten times the film The Hangover was. Yes Alan was funny. And it was all very madcap, but I watched it again the other day and it's actually fairly average. Its shock value was its greatest asset.

Let the right one in.

I know millions of people didn't see it, but it seems that everybody who did was blown away by it. If I have to add a Hollywood movie, I'll sat The Wrestler.

I've now seen most of them, (I hadn't seen IB and Moon for example) but still haven't seen Let The Right One In. Might buy that today actually.

But my vote is unchanged from Gran Torino.

Just got back from Avatar which i quite enjoyed despite the obvious clichés all through the film.. even had a nice little Braveheart type speech in case we needed reminding that Worthington is the new Gibson

enjoyable as Avatar and Slum dog were /are though I still think Gran Torino wins the award for 2009 ...

Watched The Hangover on the plane the other day and again i enjoyed it but in no way should it make a short list for best film of the year (imo)

if we are doing best films of 2001 however then maybe Mulholland drive can go on the shortlist :winkold:

Mesrine was one of 2 films wasn't it ? it's on my to see list as i've heard good reports about it

did i already ask whats the deal with gran torino and award season? it seemed to come out like 2 weeks after the oscars over here so im not sure if it got released in time over there, seems strange it was up for nothing, but (hopefully not) out too long ago to do much this year

Watched The Hangover on the plane the other day and again i enjoyed it but in no way should it make a short list for best film of the year (imo)

I never really consider comedies as great films.

Don't get me wrong, Anchorman and Hangover are up there amongst my favourite films. But I never really consider them to be great films in this sort of context.

Mesrine was one of 2 films wasn't it ? it's on my to see list as i've heard good reports about it

Indeed. Personally I thought the second one was the better of the two, although both are excellent.

Comes out on Blu-Ray and DVD on the 25th, although I think I have already mentioned this. The price is quite good on HMV for both parts aswell. £11.99 for the DVD set and £17.99 for the Blu-Ray set. Pretty good price for two fantastic films.

Got hold of "Moon" and "Let The Right One In" yesterday, shall have a look later

I voted Gran Torino but enjoyed Star Trek, The Hangover and Public Enemies

Â