Best Film of 2009 (Poll)

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• Public Enemies
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Star-Trek
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Let The Right One In
    • Gran Torino
    • Moon
    • The Hurt Locker
    • Mesrine

Got hold of "Moon" and "Let The Right One In" yesterday, shall have a look later

I voted Gran Torino but enjoyed Star Trek, The Hangover and Public Enemies

Alan = a young Rob? :winkold:

Not the first time I've heard that one :-)

Have now seen Mesrine which was excellent but Let the Right One in got my vote as the 'best' film.

It's a really excellent list and i would imagine i will watch Star Trek a fair few more times before i get bored of it.

The only one i havent seen yet is Moon but that's on it's way.

The only one i disagree with is The Hurt Locker which i thought completely failed as a story. It was a collection of tense scenes but needed alot more depth and cohesion to the story for it to be anywhere near this status.

Can't believe Public Enemies has nil poin

Neither can I to be honest. I was torn between Public Enemies and Mesrine, yet ended up going for the latter. I absolutely love Public Enemies though and have watched it many times. Some films just click, and Public Enemies is one of those kind of films to me....

Can't believe Public Enemies has nil poin

Me too. It got 4 votes in the previous poll, one of which being mine. However I changed to the brilliant "Hurt Locker". IMDb didn't take too well to it either with a 7.2.

Who got your vote Rob?

Gran Torino, although there a couple I havent seen yet

The Hangover was hilarious and get's my vote. I liked Moon as a concept though felt it was hindered by a probably small (no facts on this) budget. Star Trek was good and relaunched the franchise superbly. Inglorious was brilliant but also lacked in parts. Slumdog was oversold imo. Not seen the others but will probably 'aquire' them.

Â