Next Stop for O'Neill

YLN

What does the future hold for MON?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. What does the future hold for MON?

• He'll take the Utd job when Alex goes
    • He'll be sacked eventually, or effectively be sacked when it goes sour
    • He'll go somewhere else before we are a CL club
    • He'll go somewhere else after we are a CL club
    • Aston Villa are to be his last and most successful job in football

MON is to clever to go to Man U, they are a club in decline after years of success. They have money trouble and will not be spending anywhere near enough to be able to rebuild the team to heights they have reached. Its a conclusion drawn from the facts given by Man U's actions and their financial situation, which is very real and daunting TBH.

He will leave when he has finished the job he has started, when he does it will not be for a job in club football, it will be to manage an international team.

Life has many turns and as Celtic fans will testify, MON holds family values above any job and that includes Villa, so this option always has to be considered.

All IMHO.

I think he wants to leave a great legacy, which he can achieve it with Aston Villa. Keeping Manu were they are for a couple of seasons will not achieve anything. If we continue as we are I don't see him going anywhere.

:lol:

What a load of nonsense.

hope your on about my inability to construct a sentence, :)

If it's the sentiment, then I still go by it. Some people put a deeper meaning on success, and I think O'Neil would be one of them.

On the same note it makes me laugh when players leave to join an already successful club citing that they want to win things, when in reality they just want to be handed things.

On the same note it makes me laugh when players leave to join an already successful club citing that they want to win things, when in reality they just want to be handed things.

Me too. A bit like people on £10m a year regardless of performance claiming they've "earned" it.

I don't think he'll go anywhere until he's done something with us, and by that I mean won some silverware and taken us into the Champions League. If and when that happens I suppose he could be tempted by United, but I reckon there's a good chance that we've got him for the rest of his career as a manager, which I would imagine will be another ten years or so. I'd be delighted if that happens, and the man will be a club legend if it does. It's already a good time to be a Villa fan, and it could get even better.

He is building Villa as his club. There is a real legacy to be built at Aston Villa, and that's what he's quietly going about doing. I don't think he would honestly be interested in Liverpool or Man U. Who needs that kind of hassle following Fergie (the impossible job) or working with the feuding yanks?

He's here for the forseeable long haul.

I think its funny that not long ago, loads of you wanted him out!! You were slating him, a couple of slip ups and it was MON OUT. I hope he stays but it depends on how fickle we decide to be on the next slip up. I couldn't imagine anyone else building this team now...it would feel....wrong.

I think you're all dreaming - another season at the very most. sooner if the england job comes up. Hes done great for us so far.......but with the transfer kitty drying up, and Randy coming to fewer and fewer games - it wouldn't surprise me if he went out on a high in the not to distant future

I think he'll stay.

If he stays here ten years, that will be until the standard retirement age.

In his position, having had a relatively good managerial career, wanting one more big job before you retire, thinking you could do something like Wenger has done with Arse, then joining us was a good move. And right now, looking at what's happening with other clubs, if you're trying to build something rather than get a few quid in the pension fund and slope off to a beach somewhere, well, where would you rather be than right here? I don't see too many clubs offering long-term support and stability to someone who wants to build. They don't have the patience.

I think he'll stay.

If he stays here ten years, that will be until the standard retirement age.

In his position, having had a relatively good managerial career, wanting one more big job before you retire, thinking you could do something like Wenger has done with Arse, then joining us was a good move. And right now, looking at what's happening with other clubs, if you're trying to build something rather than get a few quid in the pension fund and slope off to a beach somewhere, well, where would you rather be than right here? I don't see too many clubs offering long-term support and stability to someone who wants to build. They don't have the patience.

if he is building for the future, why aren't albrighton and co getting a look in ?

if he is building for the future, why aren't albrighton and co getting a look in ?

They are.

Playing in Europe, getting loaned out to lower league clubs, training with the first team squad, sometimes getting on the bench...would you make them first team regulars?

As others have said, MON would be crazy to take the Man Utd job.

Whoever replaces SAF will be in his shadow. Only someone like Mourinho would have the ego to live with that.

MON has the chance to be the Matt Busby, or the Bill Shankly of Aston Villa. Even without Villa spectacles on, that would seem more appealing than just following on from SAF.

The only reasons MON might leave for imo, would be to retire, or to take the England job. But I think the Randy/MON relationship is probably too good for him to leave for the England job. Here's hoping, anyway.

End of this season - he will resign.

How have you racked up 464 posts as a troll without being banned?

If you have some news for us, let's have the full story, otherwise go away.

Sorry - the question was 'what next for MON' - based on he spends roughly 5 years at each club - my beleif is that he will leave villa slightly earlier. I could be wrong probability is he will stay - but I just have a hunch he will surprise us.

Do I get a ban for thinking MON won't be our manager for much longer ?

Wow there are a lot of optimistic fans on here!!

He'll take the United job once Ferguson moves upstairs, Fergie will almost certainly have a major say in who takes over the reins and he seems to be a huge fan of O Neills what with the plethora of positive comments he's made about us since Martin took over.

I think much the same as with his own appointment at the time, Ferguson would be eager for United to not go down the route of bringing in a big name but rather someone a little more grounded.

I hope I'm wrong but I've been fairly sure of this one for a while now......

I don't think he'll go anywhere, and here's why: I think MON wants to be remembered as a great, partly due to his ego and partly due to his association with Clough. At his age the only way he can achieve this is to be successful with us, that way he'll be remembered as the man who took AVFC from a struggling side on the verge of relegation to being a successful club. I can't see him going to Man Utd, partly because he knows he'd never get out of Ferguson's shadow but mostly because I doubt they'd want him, I think they'd go for a top class manager that could manage the club for a long time, i.e. Mourinho.

I'm willing to bet good money that AVFC is the club MON stays at till he retires, that gives him another five or six seasons, maybe more, to achieve real success with us. We will be the club he uses to cement his legacy in the game, I think we'll all enjoy the ride.

MON will leave for an international job as no other would meet the challenge he has at Villa, we are on the bring of greatness and he, IMO, will stay around to bask in that glory

This Utd talk is nonsense, they have no money, they are £790m in debt and its costs £60m + a year to service the debt and thats without paying any of the capital off. They will have to renegotiate the loans and this will be difficult and very expensive interest wise.

Their debt is rising despite winning the league, last season the champions league and the league. This is no secret amongst the business side of the game, even the clued up Man U fans know the score.

They sold or got rid of arguable their best two players last season, Ronaldo and Tevez, ask why? Is it to build a better team? No, its to service debt. They need a whole new midfield and 2-3 world class defenders, plus 2 world class strikers ,that ain't gonna be cheap, Prob £200m +.

. UTV.

Â