Next Stop for O'Neill

YLN

What does the future hold for MON?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. What does the future hold for MON?

• He'll take the Utd job when Alex goes
    • He'll be sacked eventually, or effectively be sacked when it goes sour
    • He'll go somewhere else before we are a CL club
    • He'll go somewhere else after we are a CL club
    • Aston Villa are to be his last and most successful job in football

if history is anything to go by then he will wish to at least see out his 5 years with a club, which I'd imagine he'd like to think he did all he could do in that time given the restraints or unforseen personal circumstances in the case of celtic. His 5 years are up at the end of next season and I'd be amazed if we carried on progressing and somehow cracked the top 4 in the next two seasons if he would abandon a team on the brink of such glory.

I thought MON was on a rolling contract by a yearly basis?

I have a Man Utd fan at work that tells me the exact same thing every week we win and that I better enjoy it while it lasts cause when Fergie goes MoN is the only one good enough to replace him. I would be absolutley gutted to lose him but if/when it happens there will be nothing we can do about it.

I personnally dont give him the pleasure in reacting and just say whatever happens, happens. But in all honesty I really don't think it is as clear cut as some make out, as people have pointed out that MoN has a great relationship with Randy, something he might not get with the glaziers etc.

I voted for Aston Villa are to be his last and most succesful job in football.

That's the one I wish happens and to be honest I can't see him managing any other team than Villa.

I think MON can be our Fergie or our Wenger

Spot on.

I voted for Aston Villa are to be his last and most succesful job in football.

That's the one I wish happens and to be honest I can't see him managing any other team than Villa.

I think MON can be our Fergie or our Wenger

I'd rather he became our Fergie. Dont want a whinger Wenger, thanks.

This is the best job out there for him.

He has full control of the club and gets great backing in terms of money.

Clubs like Man City and Chelsea have more money, but they have intefering owners.

Clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are saddled with huge debts.

And we have more money than the rest.

MON has proved he's a great manager and now I imagine he wants to build a dynasty. All the things he's doing point to the fact that he's slowly building a team in his image. Even if he moved to Man United he'd have to take a few steps back along the timeline. And he's no spring chicken!

He can achieve everything right here. We don't have a ceiling, unless you would regard the spending that Chelsea & Citeh do. But I don't think that scale of spending appeals to the tactician/coach in O'Neill. I think he's perfectly happy with the spending power we have.

I agree with all of that.

I have had my moments of being critical of him and on reflection perhaps a little unfair....but I do feel tactically he is improving and seems a bit quicker in changing things when they are appearing to not be working.

I don't want to talk too soon... but he does seem to have his mojo back.

I see a lot of resemblance to things that were happening when Ron Saunders was in charge.

lets keep our fingers crossed we can all see it through.

He's 58/59 now so I doubt he will move on to higher things after us. He has the perfect working environment at Villa and exactly what he needs to acheive the success he wants to see. I can see him being our manager for 4/5 more years and then he will retire.

He's 58/59 now so I doubt he will move on to higher things after us. He has the perfect working environment at Villa and exactly what he needs to acheive the success he wants to see. I can see him being our manager for 4/5 more years and then he will retire.

I can see him being the next Bobby Robson. Long may it continue.

You missed he will leave when he feels he has achieved what he can at Villa surely?

Not saying that will happen, but its a possibility and most likely; either that or just retire after a successful career.

I think he wants to leave a great legacy, which he can achieve it with Aston Villa. Keeping Manu were they are for a couple of seasons will not achieve anything. If we continue as we are I don't see him going anywhere.

End of this season. He will resign, with his reputation held high - as he has taken us as far as he can. Thats why he won't buying in Jan - he won't be here much longer himself

I'll happily put up £20 to VT that that doesn't happen.

I think he wants to leave a great legacy, which he can achieve it with Aston Villa. Keeping Manu were they are for a couple of seasons will not achieve anything. If we continue as we are I don't see him going anywhere.

:lol:

What a load of nonsense.

Â