• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 23)

Forgot to say, my vote for MOTM went to Luke Young....top draw yesterday.

Runners up....were Milner, Gabby & the excellent Petrov again. Worked their socks off......

Weeks rest, no parties & hopefully be ready for Le Arse @ the Emirates next Sunday

To be fair to Sidwell, he did block a Beattie shot right at the end, as well as take the ball from Faye and clear it when he was about to shoot.

Yes, but everyone already made their mind up well before he came on the pitch that he was going to play badly, so anything he actually did is either irrelevant or not done well enough.

Not very often the leading player in the MotM vote only has 25%! Just shows that we're not really relying on any 1 particular player, which is always good.

you're right, and its not like its the same player getting it every week either which is also a good indicator of how well the whole team are playing.

Thought Cuellar was immense. Looks a different player with Dunne alongside him.

We were hopeless in CM against a quality CM of Whelan and Salif Diao!!! Thought we should have had NRC in there with 30 minutes to go to lend a hand, possibly taking off DJ and shifting Gabby to the right.

Tuncay was the sharpest player on the pitch. I so wished MON had bought him in in the summer. Gabby playing off Tuncay would have been ace and would have given us a real option to what we currently have. He is the sort of link player that we need but there aren't many around like him.

An OK performace against a team that worked like a roman army and also managed to produce some decent football.

I think we were looking well on top before Heskey went off. He was dropping off and producing some great touches and one-twos, and after we lost him I thought things went a little downhill. Carew was ok, and fair play for the goal, but I just think at times he's not good/quick enough, or strong enough (as silly as that seems), on the ball with his back to goal.

Special mention to Cueller, who I honestly thought was 10/10. I haven't seen a player read the play so well and cut out so many passes/runs since God was on the payroll.

Not the most glamourous win but a few titles have been won with victories like that, thought at the time that sidibe's goal should have stood but the more i see of it the more i think the ref called it rite, altho Warnock for me was very clever as he knew he wasn't gonna win the header so put himself in a position to win the free kick, all in all a great december so far

I finally watched the game last night and voted Dunne as MOTM. I didn't see what most of you saw about our performance being bad. I thought we worked hard and passed the ball rather way. Te defended like heros and kept another clean sheet. Without some good goalkeeping we would have won by more.

Some stats from yesterday:

1. We out passed them 2-1 yesterday.

2. We had 4 shots on goal to their 0.

3. We made nearly double the interceptions that they made.

I am not sure what everyone else expects but there are not going to be 9-1 wins in the Premiership. No matter whoever you are or you play, the opposition will have time on the ball. I thought when we had it we passed better than we have most of the season. When they had it we worked very hard to get it back. I didn't see much wrong yesterday. Stoke aren't a bad team and true bunch of professiional who work hard for the club.

Did anyone else notice that neither Dunne or Cueller gave one pass away yesterday. Awesome. :)

Their disallowed goal was right to be disallowed. If not for the push on Warnock but the first pass that he tried to play to Tuncay who was offside.

i thought the back 4 all played well again as a unit yesterday.

wasnt the best game ive seen but a great result.

I sit in the north stand and i thought we/the crowd were poor.

Not much singing and disappointing overall crowd considering our position.

Cant wait to do the double over liverpool.

Tuncay was the sharpest player on the pitch. I so wished MON had bought him in in the summer. Gabby playing off Tuncay would have been ace and would have given us a real option to what we currently have. He is the sort of link player that we need but there aren't many around like him.

Yeah, he looked good. Worked his arse off too.

Although not hitting the dizzy heights of 12 months ago, I believe Ashley Young deserves more credit for his improved performances of late. Without him, we may have only got draws against Manure and Stoke. Those two crosses for both goals were world class. I just wish he could produce 2 or 3 a game like them, instead of the solitary one he is producing at the moment. He is slowly getting back to his best though, so hopefully he's up for a big couple of upcoming games over the festive season

Warnock, Ash and Downing all had poor games, and we still win, great result against a team that make playing any sort of football very difficult.

This.

Stoke made it very difficult for us today - from the off. Fair enough they didnt play midweek so were well rested - but they marked Milner out of the game. The postitve this season is that despite teams now realising Milner's class and subsequently try to shut him down - we have Ashley Young and Downing causing havoc too - so as an attacking force we have many options. Last seaon in the second half the the campaign we stuggled to create much when teams put two men on Ashley Young.

Hopefully we can keep digging out results like this when needed. Saturday was very tough - but we were resiliant and at times kept the ball very well. Great move for our goal and as much as Heskey has imporved lately (and deseredly starts) we would not have scored that chance if Carew wasnt playing. A great header by big John. Stoke showed that they can not only stop teams playing but can pass it around a bit themselves...and may have got a draw if it wasnt for that fantastic block on Tuncay from Luke Young.

Is there many better sights then seeing all our defenders throwing their bodies on the line for the villa?

A completely shite performance and we were very lucky to get the three points. Decided not to vote on who was man of the match as it would be an insult to genuine followers of football!

However we keep picking up the points, but sooner or later, our poor performances will come back to haunt us. Can do a lot better than this and the player's pay should be given to charity, as they should be ashamed to collect after a performance like that!

A completely shite performance and we were very lucky to get the three points. Decided not to vote on who was man of the match as it would be an insult to genuine followers of football!

However we keep picking up the points, but sooner or later, our poor performances will come back to haunt us. Can do a lot better than this and the player's pay should be given to charity, as they should be ashamed to collect after a performance like that!

And this is an embarrasment to genuine Aston Villa fans.