• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 23)

warnock got clattered for the stoke goal that was disallowed.

if he had his back to the goal when the challenge was made then it would have stood but he was facing our goal and the striker came into the back of him before making any contact with the ball. maybe not a clear black and white decision but it wasnt a wrong call by the ref either.

Apparently stoke fans ae still celebrating a goal for this.

Impressive performance. We did play well. You only look as impressive as the opposition allows and Stoke were never giving us an inch. We beat there physical game. Very encouraging. Watch the likes of Man Utd when they play teams like these it's regularly a slog. The key is winning the physhical battle aswell as the football battle.

if he had his back to the goal when the challenge was made then it would have stood but he was facing our goal and the striker came into the back of him before making any contact with the ball. maybe not a clear black and white decision but it wasnt a wrong call by the ref either.

That WAS hilarious!!

Sidwell needs to go, shocking miss.

Sidwell missed a chance from 20 yards. Gabby missed a chance from 6 yards, so basically Gabby should just be released on a free. Just simply for that miss.

Sidwell should have buried his first one. Most of the right side of the goal was gaping.

Yes he should have hit the target, it was still 20 yards out and the ball was inches wide.

It's hardly his first miss of the season, I'm begining to think he's doing it on purpose, no one can miss that many chances.

That WAS hilarious!!

Haha! Comedy moment of the season so far for me. They jsut didnt stop celebrating it was hilarious!

Villa fans all laughing at them and waving and trying to wind them up and then actually kind of getting a bit frustrated that it isn'tworking because they still haven't noticed and shit has he actually given it we're going to look unbelievably stupid if he's given it no hang on Brad's taking the free kick christ this is funny

I was sitting in Doug Ellis Stand - Holte End Corner in line with this & the Linesman opposite & he waved his falg as soon as Sidebe pushed Warnock in the back - before the ball hit the back of the net.

I'm not one for blaming referrees & try to be objective but there were a few times in the game when the Ref should have blown for shirt tugging, mawling dished out in the direction of Carew & Gabby, so I don't think Stoke can complain too much.

We started really well today, thought Milner's defence splitting passes early in the game were sublime. Oddly enough Heskey, Downing combination is working very well & FWIW I thought we lost momentum when Emile went off injured, took us a while to get used to Carew up front.

Great result, indifferent performance....3 clean sheets & 4 wins on the trot....sign of a very decent side!

Yeah, in the Holte you could hear the whistle well before the ball went in, which gave us the luxury of sitting back and watching the misguided Stoke orgy without hearts in mouths

Putting Villa fans back in the North Stands seems to have been a triumph in terms of saving them money and also causing massive comedy when shit like this happens

You know, we have a good grumble about sidwell's shocking misses, but he is a defensive player (who happened to score a screamer before) and did save us at the end (at least as far as the radio commentary led me to believe!)

I thought MOTM was Milner. He made dozens of brilliant, insightful passes. The fact that the recipients didn't finish the chance doesn't diminish the quality of the passes for me. He played much better than Barry in that creative center midfield role. Then in the end, when we just needed the ball held. There was Jimmy playing keep away deep in the other end.

I agree that Dunne and Cuellar were both excellent. Sorenson called into action repeatedly, Brad could have napped.

I also agree that Warnock and Downing were not up to their dazzling standards, but I didn't think they were at their best for Sunderland either. But Downing would have the hardest time with the busy schedule and a "whiplash" injury (Warnock picked one up at Man U) often lingers for a while. I think we'll see them back to form in a week.

Why doesn't/didn't MON bring on NRC instead of bloody Sidwell late in games when we are in front??!

i think it is because sidwell needs to be kept match fit and in touch with the rest of the squad as he has a future at the club, nrc maybe doesnt...

...not saying its right, just the way it looks.