• Warnock
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 23)

Carew could have blinded someone kicking the flag into the crowd!!!

Obviously he didnt mean to do it and was just a reaction. Nice to see him go over to that section and give his shirt to a fan though after the game.

Don't know why it took their fans so long to realise the goal had been dissallowed, is it just me or are their fans one of the biggest set of moaners ever!

Thought the ref made mistakes for both teams, particularly when Dunne had a foul given against him for someone falling over when trying to nudge him.

Sidwell needs to go, shocking miss.

Sidwell missed a chance from 20 yards. Gabby missed a chance from 6 yards, so basically Gabby should just be released on a free. Just simply for that miss.

Sidwell should have buried his first one. Most of the right side of the goal was gaping.

That was an important win today. To not play very well and to get the result is a positive sign. Hopefully we can go from strength to strength.

Stoke deserved something today, however last season at VP they deserved nothing and got a draw. I guess justice has been done today.

Well done to the lads in what has been a tough week. The result was the main thing today, forget the fact that it wasn't a brilliant performance. Well done to the lads. UTV!

One team had a week off and the other had just come off the back of 2 very hard fought away wins and it showed.

Credit to the players for showing resilience and playing some nice stuff (in patches)

Downing seems to have made a big difference as he's a player comfortable on the ball and is always looking for it from the defenders.

MOTM - Luke Young

1st 5 mins of the game it was all stoke, but then we started to get on the ball and looked dangerous. i really liked how we were passing it around, and playing a lot more through the middle. milner has already played more forward incisive passes than barry ever did. unfortunately our shooting was off first half and we didnt really test sorenson enough, all shots were straight at him. gabby probably should have scored.

we did seem to lose our shape as the half went on, and that continued into the second half. i think tiredness had a lot to do with it, players started to miscontrol, miskick etc where they hadnt been before and we just looked slower than stoke. the passing we had doing disappeared and we started to go too direct. it was a very nice goal though from 2 great passes- downing to ash and then a great cross for john.

still for all the pressure we seemed to be under in the second half i dont think brad had a save to make, another clean sheet is great!! im very pleased with the 3 points, as over the last week weve had 2 hard away games and then a tough physical game against stoke today.

but whats most pleasing is i think we are showing signs of being able to play nice passing football, but we still have the ability to dig in and grind out the results, even if its not pretty. a tough schedule coming up over xmas, but some great results this week have really put us in a great position.

Sidwell needs to go, shocking miss.

Sidwell missed a chance from 20 yards. Gabby missed a chance from 6 yards, so basically Gabby should just be released on a free. Just simply for that miss.

Sidwell should have buried his first one. Most of the right side of the goal was gaping.

Yes he should have hit the target, it was still 20 yards out and the ball was inches wide.

I know I may have claret and blue tinted specs, and I need to see the disallowed goal again, but I don't get this Stoke deserved something that alot of fans are coming out with.

They certainly put a lot of energy into the game and created pressure to an extent, but any team that is more likely to hit the corner flag than the goal really doesn't deserve much.

Sorenson was the most worked keeper and but for a couple of blocks in front of goal we may have had more than the one goal.

Anyway its a Claret and Blue world at the moment.

UTV

today was crucial for us, luckily we didnt drop any points. we've put ourselves in an excellent position for the next two games. If we can win one of them then we will be flying

poor performance today tho imo. I never thought i would say it but i thought we were going to miss heskey until carew popped up with the goal - excellent build up as well. Cuellar was the stand out performer imo.

Its okay playing shit and winning every now and again, we need to ensure it doesnt becomea habit like last season, because playing shit and winning week in week out is unsustainable as last season showed

warnock got clattered for the stoke goal that was disallowed.

if he had his back to the goal when the challenge was made then it would have stood but he was facing our goal and the striker came into the back of him before making any contact with the ball. maybe not a clear black and white decision but it wasnt a wrong call by the ref either.