PL: Arsenal a Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

I have been advised by some cockney Villa fans who sit by me in the Holte to drive down to Cockfosters tube then get the Piccadilly Line to Arsenal tube. Then on the return journey walk to Finsbury Park tube (as Arsenal station is usually either crammed or closed after the game) and hop on a couple of stops back to CF.

Sorted

If you're using Arsenal tube station after the game, follow the second queue that goes past the station and then does a loop round at the top of the road as it's much quicker than the first queue at the bottom of the stairs.

Or if your going back towards Cockfosters, walk the short distance to Finsbury Park...

I have been advised by some cockney Villa fans who sit by me in the Holte to drive down to Cockfosters tube then get the Piccadilly Line to Arsenal tube. Then on the return journey walk to Finsbury Park tube (as Arsenal station is usually either crammed or closed after the game) and hop on a couple of stops back to CF.

Sorted

I assume parking at Cockfosters is ok?

I'm planning on driving down and getting the tube in.

Sorted

Yeah plenty of free parking from what I hear.

Sorted

Yeah plenty of free parking from what I hear.

Cheers mate!

So is it definitley the Ashburton or Drayton for the away pubs? Anyone been before - what's the banter like?

im my experience mate the drayton is the main away pub, but the Ashburton (previously Lord Nelson) is predominantly away fans and is easier to get a beer in. Better sing song in the drayton but its far from dead in the Ashburton as well

gonna be down there between 10-10.30 so hopefully these pubs open early otherwise ill have to make do with a few tinnies

So is it definitley the Ashburton or Drayton for the away pubs? Anyone been before - what's the banter like?

im my experience mate the drayton is the main away pub, but the Ashburton (previously Lord Nelson) is predominantly away fans and is easier to get a beer in. Better sing song in the drayton but its far from dead in the Ashburton as well

gonna be down there between 10-10.30 so hopefully these pubs open early otherwise ill have to make do with a few tinnies

Nice one - ill head to the drayton. If its rammoed in there then it'll be cans of carling outside the pub - just hoping the boys will be singing villa songs in the pub to let London know we're here! :lol: