If there was a general election tomorrow...

paddy

If there was a general election tomorrow who would you vote for?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a general election tomorrow who would you vote for?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • BNP
    • Other (please state)
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Abstain / Won't Bother

I'll be celebrating when she finally drops off the perch.

a lot of people say this and to a degree we heard it said a lot about Ellis as well , but seriously , we are better people than that aren't we ?

I mean i'm no fan of Brown and if he were to get disemboweled by a pack of hungry dogs I wouldn't shed a tear over him ..but nor would i celebrate either

a lot of people say this and to a degree we heard it said a lot about Ellis as well , but seriously , we are better people than that aren't we ?

I mean i'm no fan of Brown and if he were to get disemboweled by a pack of hungry dogs I wouldn't shed a tear over him ..but nor would i celebrate either

Unfortunately there's a few people who are sick in the head and enjoy the fact someone has died...

Ian, you're funnier than a Fawlty Towers box set. In the interests of sanity I'll stop dancing around in cirlces with you and simply look forward to casting my vote from a sunnier location ;)

:-) - let me know when you get out there Jon - we are looking at profile areas for 2010 with MENA being a hot spot - they keep saying Dubai but I have said we should at least explore a couple of others - if only for a sneeky beer or two :-)

p.s. Got an Egypt trip coming up soon not sure about that one as it will probably lead to a return to Saudi :-(

p.p.s. yeah I think we have flogged to death our bit of the spotlight

p.p.p.s I was right you were wrong :-) :-)

Unfortunately there's a few people who are sick in the head and enjoy the fact someone has died...

being a bit unfair on MJ there , sick in the head he most certainly isn't .. i see the sentiment in his opinion just don't actually believe he would carry it out

I have said we should at least explore a couple of others - if only for a sneeky beer or two

if you met up with Jon then it will be Ghey cocktails i'm afraid

512102136_4857d624a4.jpg

:twisted:

:lol::clap:

He was paying...

The good lady goes Wednesday weather at BHX permitting and I shouldn't be too far behind her. You're right about looking beyond Dubai too, Oman is the only really stable country in the ME. If I can help out with anything on that front just let me know.

The good lady goes Wednesday weather at BHX permitting.

BHX has performed well this past week, losing few flights and accommodating many extras from elsewhere. Obviously the main performer is the weather in these parts being relatively good in comparison with elsewhere.

I also learned a 'leaves on the line' type excuse relating to aircraft this week that would make a good tabloid story and further embarrass London Airways :winkold:

I see you fall in the Thatch is to blame camp though

As the man in charge when the ball started rolling, she has to take a fair portion of the blame.

Those who have kept it rolling since are also culpable.

12 years Labour have been Snowy, 12!! They could have done anything they wanted in that time but chose not to.

Fact is Thatchers' old policies are now Labours' own and there is no getting away from that.

12 years Labour have been [in] Snowy, 12!! They could have done anything they wanted in that time but chose not to.

Fact is Thatchers' old policies are now Labours' own and there is no getting away from that.

I don't disagree and I wasn't aware that I had. :?

My post said that she was the one wearing the trousers when we began on this route and those who followed are also to blame.

I don't see how people can absolve her of blame, though, just because other spanners followed behind and continued in the same vein.

p.s. Sorry for the edit. :P

My post said that she was the one wearing the trousers when we began on this route

Man discovered fire and how to control it , should we now hold that person responsible because years later the Americans decision to rain it down on charlie ?

Britain is bracing itself for icy blasts as the freezing weather looks set to continue over the weekend.

The forecast came as the government stepped in to conserve road-gritting stocks due to dwindling salt supplies.

The Transport Secretary, Lord Adonis, said local authorities had agreed to cut salt use by 25%.

The Conservatives have said that the government's move is "an admission of utter failure" and plans should have been made earlier.

This was from the BBC re the abnormal weather we are having. What really pisses me off is the Mystic Meg's of the Tory party trying to make political headway out of what is a extremely rare act of nature and the abnormal weather. They are the ones that are crying out for Gvmt (local and national) cutbacks, can you imagine their outrage if councils had stockpiled millions of tons of salt just for it to sit there for the next 20 years until we have the next bad winter?

Britain is bracing itself for icy blasts as the freezing weather looks set to continue over the weekend.

The forecast came as the government stepped in to conserve road-gritting stocks due to dwindling salt supplies.

The Transport Secretary, Lord Adonis, said local authorities had agreed to cut salt use by 25%.

The Conservatives have said that the government's move is "an admission of utter failure" and plans should have been made earlier.

This was from the BBC re the abnormal weather we are having. What really pisses me off is the Mystic Meg's of the Tory party trying to make political headway out of what is a extremely rare act of nature and the abnormal weather. They are the ones that are crying out for Gvmt (local and national) cutbacks, can you imagine their outrage if councils had stockpiled millions of tons of salt just for it to sit there for the next 20 years until we have the next bad winter?

What pisses me off at the minute is related to this and thats the Labour Govt using the Met Office as a political scaremonger

Sick and tired of seeing them peddle this crap about the current weather being the result of a major shift in the climate of Britain (something they've bizarrely termed as a 30 years of weather patterns), think back 30 years folks.............have all the winters been like this? Nope. I also hear crap like the 50's and 60's were a mini ice age (and yes I've heard the met office come out with this crap). It is utter rubbish!

We're currently in an interglacial period that has so far lasted 11,400 years approximately, throughout this and every other interglacial period the temperature fluctuates all over the place. A twenty year period of very slightly colder weather (when you take the yearly average into account) is just a normal fluctuation in an interglacial period. It's the sort of politically motivated bollocks that a body of scientists like the met office really should steer clear of, never ever known the met office have an agenda like this before. Arrggghh

PS, its not from the BBC Ian, its from the Met Office (who supply the BBC with their Weather People / Data / Info / direction)

yes and where were they all from? The Talking Crap Institute or the Met Office? I have a degree in this shit (vaguely) and they are talking crap, deliberately talking crap and I don't expect a salesman to spot it but I can spot bullshit a mile off and what they are talking is bullshit.

heard only the other night..........

"brought about by an extrme change in Britains pattern of weather.....Some place in Scotland I've never heard of, population, one Polar Bear witha thermometer, has experienced temperatures of minus 15, this is the coldest temperature there since .......*drum.......roll*

(a) records began

(B) The second World war

© The turn of the last century

(d) 1995

So given that we supposedly had a "mini ice age" in the fifties and sixties and climate now apparently is a weather pattern of thirty years or more and this winter is an unprecedented (I've heard that one too from a met office propagandist on the BEEB) cold snap................they simply cant all be true.

If we take the last 30 years, theres been colder. If its changed since the sixties, its got warmer surely? bah, its propaganda, thats all it is.

Oh and I do think we're in a period of global warming btw Im just not convinced its quite as bad or unnatural as those that want to tax every related thing would have us believe (thats thats both blue parties and the yellows more so)

In a General Election we vote in constituencies - i.e. you vote for a MP to represent your area. So therefore me living in the Peak District I do NOT vote for a MP in Walsall for example.

Yes, I am aware of that believe it or not. My point was the principle as summarised by Gringo of one man one vote. If you are citizen you should be able to register your preference somewhere, ie, wherever you are registered on the electoral role. Simples.

Perhaps it makes sense to allocate a constituency or two or whatever for expats...

Â