OS new look redux

DalianDaley

Do you like the look of the new OS  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the look of the new OS

• I love it
    • Its slightly better than before
    • Stop it, its hurting my eyes

It's easy to find things, which is all you can ask for.

It's job is to give information on important things such as tickets, news etc. Which is does.

The output I think has also improved 100% since the summer - some of the things like the blog to Malaga was really enjoyable to read, as is the match console.

I think what the club has done is realised there are many fansites out there for AVFC that do a job for them on the 'community' level - some well, others not so - but theres no need to take that aspect on and concentrated on the 'factual' stuff. As they should.

The one thing I'd say is that the idea that everything is sunny at VP gets a little bit tedious. If we've played poorly, say we've played poorly. But I can't blame them for that as it would look a bit silly on an Official website to say such things - perhaps critiques of games are better left to fan communities and they've left it to them.

It's very easy to slag websites off. Most people know what they don't like but rarely what they do like it seems.

I voted that I don't like the new look but after reading Pilchard's post I think I've actually changed my mind because he speaks sense.

I did think we'd moved away from premiumtv though.

Can we actually ditch premium.tv as the base provider does anyone know? Because until that happens, as others have said, it's just going to be reskins of the same rubbish.

I will agree though that the content of the OS has gone through the roof compared to what it used to be. It's still just wrapped up in this terrible design.

Ours is not good and just looking at Man city site i can see what people mean. I like it, we just seem to have changed the skin when we needed a whole new look to finally break away from the same shite that other teams use. I wonder if the format is a standard free download from the microsoft site :lol:

AVTV will always be crap as long as Woodward carries on with his style of "what petrov had for tea!" commentary while villa are on the attack. So glad i never renewed my AVTV subscription.

The General said:

Today we went live with phase one of our new Official Site and our eticketing. I hope everyone takes a bit of time to see the work that has been accomplished by the partnership of our new Head of IT and our Ticketing Office. The site is far easier to navigate and incorporates many of the suggestions made by you, the fans. This is ONLY phase one. We know we still have a distance to go but we are on the way and making good progress. At the end of this summer, we will have the best site in the Premiership.

The Man Citeh site is pretty shit too, actually.

No. It's not.

Yes, it is.

Too much space wasted with huge giant pictures that could be turned over to actual content.

You click on a news article and half the page is taken up by a big picture that you really don't need to see and you have to scroll down to actually read the article.

The headlines are all too big, great if you're partially sighted, not for anyone else.

There's too much padding on everything.

It could be a lot better, but they went completely overboard on having huge graphics, huge headlines, and huge padding which means the site is twice as long as it needs to be which adds needless scrolling.

The General said:

Today we went live with phase one of our new Official Site and our eticketing. I hope everyone takes a bit of time to see the work that has been accomplished by the partnership of our new Head of IT and our Ticketing Office. The site is far easier to navigate and incorporates many of the suggestions made by you, the fans. This is ONLY phase one. We know we still have a distance to go but we are on the way and making good progress. At the end of this summer, we will have the best site in the Premiership.

It wont be if we're still with premium tv.

The Man Citeh site is pretty shit too, actually.

No. It's not.

Yes, it is.

Too much space wasted with huge giant pictures that could be turned over to actual content.

You click on a news article and half the page is taken up by a big picture that you really don't need to see and you have to scroll down to actually read the article.

The headlines are all too big, great if you're partially sighted, not for anyone else.

There's too much padding on everything.

It could be a lot better, but they went completely overboard on having huge graphics, huge headlines, and huge padding which means the site is twice as long as it needs to be which adds needless scrolling.

Just my opinion. The City site offers free highlights after every game as well as other videos and interviews. That's just one excellent part of the site. I think it's the best PL site. IMO.

The General said:

It wont be if we're still with premium tv.

Well, you should ask the General if we are going to break with them.

I have in the past, he ignores it.

If we have a contract with them he can hardly come out and say we plan to break it or not renew it can he.

For a start doing so would probably break clauses in the contract relating to notice periods or termination.

Plus say we have two years left on the deal and the General goes and says we intended to ditch them, what level of service are we likely to get for the remainder of the deal?

I think its pointless asking really.

I have in the past, he ignores it.

If we have a contract with them he can hardly come out and say we plan to break it or not renew it can he.

For a start doing so would probably break clauses in the contract relating to notice periods or termination.

Plus say we have two years left on the deal and the General goes and says we intended to ditch them, what level of service are we likely to get for the remainder of the deal?

I think its pointless asking really.

Exactly true.

To claim we're going to have the best site in the premier league soon, i'm hoping it means we will be ditching them.

As it would be almost impossible to claim that, if we are tied into them for some time.

Exactly true.

To claim we're going to have the best site in the premier league soon, i'm hoping it means we will be ditching them.

As it would be almost impossible to claim that, if we are tied into them for some time.

It is fairly certain that the original contracts signed by the old guard pre-Randy would have been fairly long deals. Its fair to assume this when you look at how many other clubs are still using their site format all these years later.

Every indication I have seen from the club over the last 4 years is that they know/knew the site was shit and they were at least trying to do something about it.

I'm sure we will move away from them there seems little point these days being at the behest of a company like this but reluctantly its going to take longer than we all want.

I have to admit I hoped we would have a site like man City by now but hopefully at some point in the future we will.

I only ever visit the OS to book tickets online.

And I only ever visit to check reserves info.

I think if VT had a portal to book villa tickets online I would never visit the OS

VT is the way forward, it's the future.

Somebody should tell them that shiny buttons were very 3 years ago. The Man City site looks fantastic but accessing any decent content is a chore. The Villa site is very cluttered and unreadable granted Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan all have sites equally as crap if not worse than ours.

Â