OS new look redux

DalianDaley

Do you like the look of the new OS  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the look of the new OS

• I love it
    • Its slightly better than before
    • Stop it, its hurting my eyes

It's marginally better... but the site needs a complete overhaul, not just a tweak of what was already there. The home page is cluttered and difficult to read, just like the previous one imho, simply due to it's layout. Putting as much as possible on the front page is a bit old fashioned imho.

It's ok, gives you what you need. Hasnt actually changed that much from 2 weeks back.

Don't see what the fuss about the MC one is, I've only managed to find one that seems to be for the partially blind.

As for AVTV I really don't see why we can't show live streaming of reserve / youth games, every time I ask the general he just shrugs it.

And why do we restrict ourselves to 5 minute highlights, why cant they show the whole game again. They did one of the preseason games (Fiorentina?) and i enjoyed watching the full 90 minutes.

I'd hapilly pay double the membership if they could do this.

Its shocking! and it's nothing like the top four websites.

As a web designer it frustrates the hell out of me, I hate it and it's horrid.

Right now Man City's site is one of if not the best, it's won lots of awards since it's release. big bold clean and modern.

Man City's is very nice. I think Liverpool and Uniteds sites are dog-shit-awful though, they look horrid.

It's just too cluttered.

Too much going on, too many gimics (match countdown clock?.. what's the point?) and horrible font.

I hadn't been on the Man City website, but after so many comments about it I had a look, and have to admit that it's brilliant. It's bold, it's simple, it's easy to navigate.. it's just... better.

It's just too cluttered.

Too much going on, too many gimics (match countdown clock?.. what's the point?) and horrible font.

The countdown is there because people asked for it on here (and I'm sure other places).

The Man Citeh site is pretty shit too, actually.

No. It's not.

Yes, it is.

Too much space wasted with huge giant pictures that could be turned over to actual content.

You click on a news article and half the page is taken up by a big picture that you really don't need to see and you have to scroll down to actually read the article.

The headlines are all too big, great if you're partially sighted, not for anyone else.

There's too much padding on everything.

It could be a lot better, but they went completely overboard on having huge graphics, huge headlines, and huge padding which means the site is twice as long as it needs to be which adds needless scrolling.

Its called modern web design mate. Its a great site, and the amount of awards it's won for its design, accessibility and usuablity go some way to proving that.

The pictures are perfect, people want to see there team, not some tiny image where your squniting to make out who it is, it brings you that little bit closer to the action.

And as for swapping the images for more content, what would the point of that be?? the city site is a perfect balance of images and content, and there isnt pointless scrolling either, your never going to keep all the content above the page fold or you end up with a site like ours.

And as for the partially sighted, are these people not allowed to look at football sites? the modern standard is to make your type readable and accessible. Blind and deaf people are football fans too and if you design your site properly all this people can have access and the city site caters for all their supporters here.

City have set the standard here.

granted Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan all have sites equally as crap if not worse than ours.

Yes but we invented the internet in this country

I thought Al Gore invented the Internet

:shock:

Shit. I thought it was Doug Ellis.

It's just too cluttered.

The countdown is there because people asked for it on here (and I'm sure other places).

Well, I'm not going to go against the majority if it was indeed wanted, but I just think it's ugly, takes up alot of space, is distracting from the key information on the page and is pointless. A simple box with next fixture and kick off time would be far better, why do you need to know how many days hours and minutes before the next game?

Â