PL: Bolton h Ratings & Reactions 2009/11/07

limpid

A pathetic, useless, disjointed performance. No cohesion between midfield and forwards and the defence was a complete f**k!ing joke! Couldn't even pass to a team mate and the keeper had a holiday. Also devoid of any creativity and indeed fight!

A great performance from us though! Sorry, had to be miserable about something.

Message to O'Neill. Keep Petrov and Heskey away from Villa Park and sell them to small heath. Even though he was better today, put Sidwell on the same bus.

A pathetic, useless, disjointed performance. No cohesion between midfield and forwards and the defence was a complete f**k!ing joke! Couldn't even pass to a team mate and the keeper had a holiday. Also devoid of any creativity and indeed fight!

A great performance from us though! Sorry, had to be miserable about something.

Message to O'Neill. Keep Petrov and Heskey away from Villa Park and sell them to small heath. Even though he was better today, put Sidwell on the same bus.

Do you not think perhaps his performances have been below par because of his partner.

Delph and Petrov not really clicked.

Petrov and Barry not really clicked.

Petrov and Sidwell not really clicked.

Peace cup: Coker and Sidwell - Clicked.

League: Coker and Sidwell - Clicked.

To me, it's all abit obvious....Sidwell plays better when someone is working alongside him like Harper did at Reading, it puts less pressure defensively on Sidwell.

Also the Bolton back 4 had a mare but to be fair most defences would have struggled against our attack and midfield today - Good balance and people playing in correct positions.

Cahill :crylaugh:

what, you mean the long term future of the england defence?

nawwww, stoppit now! :crylaugh:

We play terrible football, only lump it forward.

MON is clueless and plays everyone out of position.

We have zero creativity.

Carew is a waste of space and anonymous.

Why the **** did we sell Cahill, the best young defender in the country?

Hang on..... have I missed something :)

We play terrible football, only lump it forward.

MON is clueless and plays everyone out of position.

We have zero creativity.

Carew is a waste of space and anonymous.

Why the **** did we sell Cahill, the best young defender in the country?

Hang on..... have I missed something :)

well, for once we did have everyone playing in their natural positions, meaning two full backs on the pitch supporting their respective wingers. as a result, the wingers were more creative because they were doing less defending, creating more chances for carew, who thrived on the service and played his best game of the season. i know you were only having a laugh, but many a true word and all that...

Travelling back to south wales and on my phone so excuse my briefness. No i'm not driving btw. Thought the best performances of the day came from carew and sidwell altho i concede that sidwell faded. Thought we benefited a lot from having 2 proper full backs on the pitch. Gabby was great again but special credit should go to our 2 wingers because all of our goals bar the third came from excellent wing play.

great result today. especially good to see Carew back on form, Agbonlahor looked very dangerous also.

Friedel - 6

Young - 6 (but great to see him back)

Dunne -7

Cueller -7

Warnock -7

Young - 7

Milner -8

Sidwell -7

Reo-Coker -6

Sidwell -7

Carew - 9

Agbonlahor -8

Bolton - 3

on the commentary i had on, trevor francis siad something interesting (for once) - he said that carew obviously knew both knight and cahill from when they were at the villa and also knew that he was better than both of them. cahill is the one that is supposed to be their top player so he deliberately went up against him for every challenge - and won most of them which totally put us on top psychologically.

In the last days I have been thinking about how we have gotten a great start of the season, even though key players like Young and Carew has been off form. Now we see what happens when the two is coming back to old form (Young isn't there quite yet, but he has been improving lately).

Great to see that we started this match as we played in the first half against West Ham.

Looks like we have quite a squad now.