NHL

Vojskovoda

It's partly because the Eastern teams are better established. The Original Six, Flyers, and Sabres will sell out and get good TV ratings even if they're shit.

In the NBA, there's also a tendency for the two conferences to have different styles: the East has tended to play defense.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with both of you, however I found both what Neal and Thornton did quite despicable. You have gentlemens agreements in hockey for a reason and one of the biggest unspoken rules is that you don't punch(or knee) someone who is down on the ice. Both of them should recieve huge fines and long suspensions. If that happened in any other sport they would be criminally prosecuted. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still trying to make sense of what the Canucks are doing at the moment. Do they not want a goaltender? Cory Schneider deal was a bit of a shocker at the time as he was such a strong prospect but now they've traded Luongo now too, they've gone from having two really strong goalies to having next to nothing. I know the cap is an issue but doe Gillis know what he's doing?

I don't think Gillies knows what he is doing.

Don't know anyone who would disagree. I was really encouraged by him initially but I don't recognise "my" team anymore. If Kesler goes too, I'll be gutted.

Still trying to make sense of what the Canucks are doing at the moment. Do they not want a goaltender? Cory Schneider deal was a bit of a shocker at the time as he was such a strong prospect but now they've traded Luongo now too, they've gone from having two really strong goalies to having next to nothing. I know the cap is an issue but doe Gillis know what he's doing?

I don't know what Vancouver is expecting from Markstrom, hope he is not supposed to be their starter?

Marky's been quite a let down, so much was expected from him when he came. He's still only 24 so he can very well turn things around though, size and talent is there.

Funny fact is that a couple years ago Marky was put in a similar situation as Lou was when he came to Florida as a young stud goalie: bad team with no defense in front of him. Lou dealt with it better as a youngster, facing 50 shots a game and keeping Panthers somewhat competitive. Marky was expected to do the same, but didn't succeed in the same way. Hence the deal.

Captain Cally gone. :( I really hope we spend the off-season trying to work out on a long-term deal with him. Great to have St. Louis as a Ranger though, been one of my favourite players for a while!

Â