NHL

Vojskovoda

I do wonder what the record for longest series in terms of minutes played is. We're working on a sixth full game already... we get another OT and 10 hours of hockey seems likely!

Well, that was a collapse for the ages. Not too fussed by it though, this was always going to be an asterisk Stanley Cup with the half season. The better team won, anyway. Bring on a full season!

I almost think the playoffs and final were better with the short season than they would have. There really is no reason the NHL needs to play a longer than 50-60 game regular season, IMO.

Epic choke.

It's not as bad as the NBA with losing teams getting in, but 16 teams in the playoffs is too may and makes it a little hard for me to take all that seriously sometimes. MLB/NFL playoffs are far superior.

• 3 months later...

Can't wait for the new season. Hoping that we'll see some new faces and some exiting games. Particularly exited for Rangers, as they've gotten to the playoffs to years running with the worst coach in history in Torts and have finally got an offensive minded coach. One to look for: Zuccarello.

Our pre-season has been really awful though which is worrying.

Our preseason games have all been against teams that have pretty much topped their squads, we've had Zucc, Hags, Richards, MDZ and Step out. I'm not that worried.

Barkov scored for Florida as the youngest player ever (modern era) in his first game! Thomas played well in goal aswell, hope he continues.

It didnt at all ;)

Hehe, well yeah, didn't last long. I think I'll keep quiet for a while....

Up early to watch the rangers. Up 2-1 against Kings in LA. Callahan back and showing why he's the captain, has taken a stick from Kopitar which wasn't punished altho it should have been a pen. We seem a different team today and I'm very impressed with the work rate of our second line. Richards back with two goals, have to get him firing. 

am only really new into hockey in last 18 months-2 years or so but reading about Original 6 and not very positive at all,  the fact they never wanted league to expand and refused other cities a team and have a 6 team monoply has sort of turned me off them  :(

Edited by Zatman

Â