General Chat

Stevo985

I'm reliably told that of all the made up emergency university food the best is slices of beetroot & brie on Smiley Potato faces.

Shouldn't that be in the useless info thread, Julie?

Actually quite nice..so methinks not totally useless info thread material..just thought I'd throw that in from discussion on previous page.

Just got visited by the **** Mormon missionaries.

Had I been more prepared, I would have engaged in a bit of theological debate with them, but I just said, "I'm busy right now," and accepted their profferred card.

Should have taken the meeting... maybe one of the kids will play for BYU in a few years and I might have some sort of inside information.

not sure if I could eat cloned cow meat, something not right about cloning.

on this point. How would one know if you were eating cloned cow (ot other animal) meat?

Does it have to be labelled as such?

on this point. How would one know if you were eating cloned cow (ot other animal) meat?

Right now no it doesn't purely because it hasn't been passed by MAF as edible in the first place. In theory you can't buy it in the UK, in practice, meat from the offspring of cloned cows (i.e. not cloned cows themselves) entered the UK food chain sometime late last year

Right now no it doesn't purely because it hasn't been passed by MAF as edible in the first place. In theory you can't buy it in the UK, in practice, meat from the offspring of cloned cows (i.e. not cloned cows themselves) entered the UK food chain sometime late last year

yeah, thought i'd heard something about that somewhere.

Maybe a daily heil scare headline or something.

"UK eats cloned cows" or some such.

I'm not sure how bothered i am either way by this TBH. It hasn't been deemed to be unsafe. Yet. :winkold:

yeah, thought i'd heard something about that somewhere.

Maybe a daily heil scare headline or something.

"UK eats cloned cows" or some such.

I'm not sure how bothered i am either way by this TBH. It hasn't been deemed to be unsafe. Yet. :winkold:

I think it was in the Heil yes but I think Food Standards agency also confirmed it a day or two later. It was the meat from one bull apparently, they aren't sure yet if milk has his the food chain, still investigating that one

Â