General Chat

Stevo985

Was set for a decent sleep last night, was rudely awoken at 4am by some outrageously loud banging from **** knows where. Added to that my head suddenly exploded with a beast of a headache, which led me to swallow half a bottle of some form of medication and hit the sack again. Then I feel back asleep, then woke up and asked if anyone heard the noises. No one did. Crazy.

Anyway Kerry just had a player sent off and Down are in with a great shout of the semis, so all is not too bad.

http://www.churchhillfc.com/the_final_2010.html

Final on video from what I played in the other day :)

Ignore the couple missed chances early on ;)

What do you make of the commentators comment 'he's very left footed...'

;)

I'll say "Watch the goal :)"

No, he is right, I'm always looking to get it on my left when I have the ball, although if the ball falls to my right for a chance, I'm just as confident as I am with my left and feel just as good too.

;)

No, he is right, I'm always looking to get it on my left when I have the ball, although if the ball falls to my right for a chance, I'm just as confident as I am with my left and feel just as good too.

I jest! I watched the vid, you pulled off some sick skills at one point, beating 2 only to run into a third. Good stuff, it's just a shame you played for the scum. 8)

Is football just a hobby now then?

;)

I jest! I watched the vid, you pulled off some sick skills at one point, beating 2 only to run into a third. Good stuff, it's just a shame you played for the scum. 8)

Without boosting, I'd say that was one of the worst games I had. It was quite a slow tempo, the 8th game of 15 minutes no break, alot of us were pretty tired by that stage. At one point in the semi final, I did that flip-flap trick through someone's legs which would of looked good on camera ha.

The person I ran into on that little move is a very good player, was at Cheltenham until last year but got released aged 18.

Currently a hobby. Play with my mates on saturday in midland com div 1 which is ok. I'm still small physically, not height but like bulk wise. I've had a couple people ask me about going to redditch who are like conf north/south but I know right now, i wouldn't play much at all mainly because of not being able to properly cope with the physical side of the game so i'd much prefer to actually play football every sat rather than go to a team to just train and then not be on bench and waste my time. I don't know if I could go higher. I will always believe I have the ability to do so at lower league football but whether i'm actually good enough is completly different. I don't expect too and am just trying to go into coaching.

Only 17 still so plenty of time yet hopefully.

;)

Without boosting, I'd say that was one of the worst games I had. It was quite a slow tempo, the 8th game of 15 minutes no break, alot of us were pretty tired by that stage. At one point in the semi final, I did that flip-flap trick through someone's legs which would of looked good on camera ha.

The person I ran into on that little move is a very good player, was at Cheltenham until last year but got released aged 18.

Currently a hobby. Play with my mates on saturday in midland com div 1 which is ok. I'm still small physically, not height but like bulk wise. I've had a couple people ask me about going to redditch who are like conf north/south but I know right now, i wouldn't play much at all mainly because of not being able to properly cope with the physical side of the game so i'd much prefer to actually play football every sat rather than go to a team to just train and then not be on bench and waste my time. I don't know if I could go higher. I will always believe I have the ability to do so at lower league football but whether i'm actually good enough is completly different. I don't expect too and am just trying to go into coaching.

Ah I thought you were older, so you're right you've got loads of time left.

I work with an ex-pro footballer and a bit of modern day legend at his longest serving club, played in the Championship equivalent. He thinks that as long as you've got a big heart then that can take you most of the way. He's right though, he's still brilliant and he's in his 40's!

Have you done any coaching badges? You could be the next Dom_Wren.

Ah I thought you were older, so you're right you've got loads of time left.

I work with an ex-pro footballer and a bit of modern day legend at his longest serving club, played in the Championship equivalent. He thinks that as long as you've got a big heart then that can take you most of the way. He's right though, he's still brilliant and he's in his 40's!

Have you done any coaching badges? You could be the next Dom_Wren.

No one will be the next Dom!

Yes, one thing that let's me down is my desire. I absolutely love football suprisingly... :winkold: and playing but doing like fitness and training, I hate and don't really put the effort in let's say.

If you work with him, is that like football based or something else?

Doing my first badge in September but then want to do the second one before 2011 too. Some good jobs lined up though, coaching monday night, sat morning like little kids. Then monday, tuesday in the day, coaching a college team ages 16 and 17 with the kid who played for Cheltenham with a game on wednesday. Thankfully, like that, I do have good contacts to get into some work like that.

Yes, one thing that let's me down is my desire. I absolutely love football suprisingly... :winkold: and playing but doing like fitness and training, I hate and don't really put the effort in let's say.

Doing my first badge in September but then want to do the second one before 2011 too. Some good jobs lined up though, coaching monday night, sat morning like little kids. Then monday, tuesday in the day, coaching a college team ages 16 and 17 with the kid who played for Cheltenham with a game on wednesday. Thankfully, like that, I do have good contacts to get into some work like that.

It's great to get into coaching early. A friend of mine does a lot of 'soccer' camps in the USA . If you're interested in coaching and want to see a bit of the world, it's meant to be a great experience. Fanny galore as well apparently.

Nah, I don't work in football (wish I did!). Work with young people with special educational needs, and being one of the few young blokes at the school I join in with all the sports that he coordinates. But mostly football. He's done with football now, I think with it being his job for over 20 years he's had enough of following the game, but he still loves to play it.

Of all things, he's utterly obsessed with golf now. Shocking. :shock:

It's great to get into coaching early. A friend of mine does a lot of 'soccer' camps in the USA . If you're interested in coaching and want to see a bit of the world, it's meant to be a great experience. Fanny galore as well apparently.

Nah, I don't work in football (wish I did!). Work with young people with special educational needs, and being one of the few young blokes at the school I join in with all the sports that he coordinates. But mostly football. He's done with football now, I think with it being his job for over 20 years he's had enough of following the game, but he still loves to play it.

Of all things, he's utterly obsessed with golf now. Shocking. :shock:

Oh sounds good. Yeah, alot of people who play football play Golf, I'd guess because it's so slow, quiet and just calming and used to get away from football.

We started spending a bit of money on our team when we were awarded the 2012 games. Obviously we want a good showing in London, so we needed to back the team. The benefits really started to be felt in 2008 at the Beijing Olympics. We came 4th overall which is just astonishing given our performances in previous Olympics. It is the best we can really hope for too, as I cant see us ever beating the countries above us in that table simply due to the population advantage they have over us.

Loved watching Jessica Ennis...... (nothing to do with athletics!!!)

Really impressed with the British Athletics team over the last few days... some brilliant performances and results...

However, that young French sprinter, LaMaitre - what a talent!!!

I cant see him doing anything on a World level though. When he is up against athletes like Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell he is going to struggle to get anywhere near the medals. He is the first white person to ever break 10 seconds though.

I cant see him doing anything on a World level though. When he is up against athletes like Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell he is going to struggle to get anywhere near the medals. He is the first white person to ever break 10 seconds though.

Agreed - he looks a little lightweight at the moment (and he cannot run a bend on the 200m!!!) but with a little training and maturity who knows!!!

Usain Bolt though is totally in a league of his own - the man is a freak (in the nicest possible way!)

Yeh the European sprinting is just a world away from the rest of the world.

But yeh Britain is getting pretty decent at Athletics. We were superb (the whoel Olympic team infact) in Beijing, and it bodes well for us for 2012.

I said after Beijing (I think someone on here called me up on it actually) that with the rate we were improving coupled with home advantage, I wouldn't be surprised to see us overtake the Russians in 2012 in the medal table. We were only 4 golds behind them (IIRC) in Beijing.

It's about the best we could hope for, the US and China are untouchable.

Â