General Chat

Stevo985

I've been awake almost 30 hours now and it feels almost personality altering... weird.

I was up for effectively 26 hours last Monday. Slept like a baby on the night but at times I was flagging during the day and at others got this weird sense of euphoria.

Same day actually I had an interesting run in with someone at poker. Theres this big bloke that comes along, not really known in the society, just turns up and plays badly each week. I got moved next to him as we broke down a table. He made me want to chuck my chips away and knock out to get away from him. He stank of shit so badly I actually mildly retched at the table at one point.

On one hand I felt bad because I was basically judging this guy, but on the other I was disgusted because, well... he stank, really foully stank, so badly that I could barely stand to sit next to the guy. Everyone else on the table noticed it as well, and I ahte to say I was mildly relieved to knock out after about 20 mins, I couldn't have taken anymore of that reek.

I land in Cairo around the 3rd of August and I think I wanna check out the sites there before heading to Jordan and then Israel.
Is it still the case that once you've got an Israeli stamp in your passport you'll never be allowed into an Arab country again?

If so, I suppose you're at least doing it in the right sequence.

I've been awake almost 30 hours now and it feels almost personality altering... weird.

Choice or compulsion?

I've been there , its not pleasant at all.

Choice; got lots of work on. It's weird I'm actually not feeling tired anymore, just 'different'.

Just debating on what to do in August. I land in Cairo around the 3rd of August and I think I wanna check out the sites there before heading to Jordan and then Israel. I want to take advantage of being in that part of the world, I don't know when I'll make it back there. And (sorry Tony) but after Israel I'd like to meet up with my lady friend in France and spend some time there and learn the language. I'm probably chewing off much more than I can chew but you only live once right? What is money anyways? I'm gunna die in 50 years and I don't wanna be on my death bed saying, "I wish I had gone here or there - or learned this or that".

**** it, debt is just modern day (volunteer slavery, right? :)

Already owe $20k to student loans, what's another $8k??

Anyone wanna donate to a worthy cause? 8) ;)

Try to catch Salmonella out there, a girl I know caught it in Egypt and she's getting £10k in compensation :shock:

Choice or compulsion?

I've been there , its not pleasant at all.

Choice; got lots of work on. It's weird I'm actually not feeling tired anymore, just 'different'.

Well, good luck then mate. It is about this time when your perception starts getting altered and reality subtly shifts. The physical need for sleep coupled with a mental determination to stay awake creates a weird state of being. :winkold:

Honestly I dunno how my mate does it. He always gets out with these cracking women.

Women that are way out of his league. I guess its just down to the fact he's ultra super-confident. Jammy bastard. I met his latest conquest on Saturday night. Cracking set of tits and legs.

In a physiology practical the lecturer who treats us like children (She gives us 'homework') says the class is over and then asks if we all understand everything. I nod as I put my stuff away. She says well Bernard if you understand everything explain X to me.

I can't.

Well you were nodding.

I was nodding about something else.

Sorry?

I thought I heard music.

Oh, are you living on this planet?

Most of the time.

Am I going to need to have a word with you after class about concentration?

I don't think a word is going to do it.

To the class: You need to concentrate in this class and sassy answers won't go down well with me.

Does anyone think that once you reach Third level you shouldn't have to put up with stand offs like this with the lecturer. Does anyone think that she should have just let me be and end the class. Am I in the wrong?

I land in Cairo around the 3rd of August and I think I wanna check out the sites there before heading to Jordan and then Israel.
Is it still the case that once you've got an Israeli stamp in your passport you'll never be allowed into an Arab country again?

If so, I suppose you're at least doing it in the right sequence.

That only applies to Syria and Lebanon, from the research I've done. Jordan doesn't care and neither does Egypt.

Just debating on what to do in August. I land in Cairo around the 3rd of August and I think I wanna check out the sites there before heading to Jordan and then Israel. I want to take advantage of being in that part of the world, I don't know when I'll make it back there. And (sorry Tony) but after Israel I'd like to meet up with my lady friend in France and spend some time there and learn the language. I'm probably chewing off much more than I can chew but you only live once right? What is money anyways? I'm gunna die in 50 years and I don't wanna be on my death bed saying, "I wish I had gone here or there - or learned this or that".

Try to catch Salmonella out there, a girl I know caught it in Egypt and she's getting £10k in compensation :shock:

Who's paying that $10k in comepnsation? And what consequences are there if you get Salmonella (yes I know you CAN die). But if it means I never get to see again, well, $10k aint enough.

I had to sell my Jamie T tickets because they clashed with the last semi and now having to sell my Plan B tickets because of this one.

These are only two artist I have ever really recommended on here !

Who's paying that $10k in comepnsation? And what consequences are there if you get Salmonella (yes I know you CAN die). But if it means I never get to see again, well, $10k aint enough.

No idea who's paying it, it's pretty similar to food poisoning I think so it's not terrible. And in your money it's about $17k :winkold:

My Dad bought home a Husky he found about 30 minutes ago. Turns out it was the first dog my current dog played with when it was a puppy :shock: Small ass world. I think it remembered me as well as he was giving me a big kiss when it saw me :lol: (no homo) It's got a new owner these days though as the previous owner died a few months back :(

The month of college basketball has really started in earnest for me.

Colonial Athletic Association final is on right now on ESPN America for you lot... Old Dominion faces off against not just William, but also Mary, with a spot in the Big Dance on the line.

Already qualified:

Cornell (Ivy League champs)

Winthrop (Big South tournament winners)

East Tennessee State (Atlantic Sun tournament winners)

Murray State (Ohio Valley tournament winners)

Northern Iowa (Missouri Valley tournament winners)

Could be a very interesting Selection Sunday.

Why do blokes find it necessary to wipe the entire contents of their nose all over the wall when having a piss in a public urinal ?...

Don't forget the obligatory flob into the piss pot

Never understood that one either

**** you Geno Auriemma... the only time I ever gave a shit about UConn was when Sue Bird was playing, and even then she wasn't that special. Storrs can be nuked for all I care.

31227_hottestolympians_suebird_l1.jpg

Â