General Chat

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a proper lazy day today. Weather shit, so had a lie in and only got dressed about 3pm. 

Now I feel as i've wasted a day, after a hard week at work. 

If you enjoyed it, then it wasn’t wasted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a proper lazy day today. Weather shit, so had a lie in and only got dressed about 3pm. 

Now I feel as i've wasted a day, after a hard week at work. 

**** that. I'm always happy to slob it out at weekends. I know the kind of job you have. Letting your brain turn to jelly at weekends is what helps you deal with it man. 

• Thanks 1

'Celebrated', if that is the correct term, 20 years at work last week. So much for a short term job when I originally went there. Will I make it to 30 years, or will i have retired by then - who knows. I think I'm definitely on the downward slope of my career now in terms of years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ve done nothing today either, after the holiday and then the washing we’ve just bummed around today. Just grabbing a McDonalds for the kids (we have curry). 

I've just ordered a curry. Chicken tikka vindaloo, extra extra hot, as I request it! 🥵

• Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

'Celebrated', if that is the correct term, 20 years at work last week. So much for a short term job when I originally went there. Will I make it to 30 years, or will i have retired by then - who knows. I think I'm definitely on the downward slope of my career now in terms of years. 

I have about 12 or 13 years service in my job. I’ll probably do another 20 or so unless something big happens. I’m trapped now on a good salary to work difficulty ratio I wouldn’t want to risk losing.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have about 12 or 13 years service in my job. I’ll probably do another 20 or so unless something big happens. I’m trapped now on a good salary to work difficulty ratio I wouldn’t want to risk losing.

There is a lot to be said for being comfortable with what you are doing. The grass isn't always greener. 

I could probably earn more moving to a competitor but I'm also comfortable. Good pension (better than most rivals), good working relationship with senior managers, I think i've got a good reputation within the company and if they wanted to make me redundant, i'd be in for a hefty payout! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

There is a lot to be said for being comfortable with what you are doing. The grass isn't always greener. 

I could probably earn more moving to a competitor but I'm also comfortable. Good pension (better than most rivals), good working relationship with senior managers, I think i've got a good reputation within the company and if they wanted to make me redundant, i'd be in for a hefty payout! 

Very similar with me.

The only battle I have is whether to go for a promotion. Lots of colleagues have made the step up and I’m certain I’d get a job because I’ve been top of my grade for so long but some things hold me back.

1) Can I be arsed? 

2) Whilst there would be payrise over time I could end up on less money as the mgt grades have different negotiations.

3) Job security is lower as I’d lose the Union protection non-management grades have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Make sure you spend some of it and have a good life with what you've worked for. You can't take it with you once you've popped your clogs.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Seems to be hardly any fireworks round here. 

Not sure if it's the weather or people saving the cash. 

Same over time. There were a few blasts but nothing like previous years.

Some jizzstain let a load off after midnight nearby though. 

Yet again a fraction of what you would normally expect in fireworks tonight. Especially as it is actually the 5th at a weekend. 

I'm sure people are saving money this year. 

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Any reason not to go Phalll?

I've never actually asked if they do it. They do a naga jol, which is hot. I've had that a few times. 

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Same, but I've had Madras in some places where it's blown my head off (ooh er) and others where it's fairly mild.

Yeah same here mate. There’s a lovely Indian in Bakewell and the madras there is red hot but I can’t help myself every time I go. 

Â