General Chat

Stevo985

A lottery syndicate here at the university had a big win - worked out at £300,000 each. And shortly thereafter an individual won £600,000 (and she's still working here).

bring back an old post but would you leave work with £600k? if i pay of my mortgage ive got about £400k left. At 5% the rest would earn me about 20k per year which i could probably live on but id be a bit bored. Would hardly be holiday after holiday and flash cars.

I think i'd need about 3m from the lottery to fund the sort of life style id like. Id probably still have to have a work interest to keep me sane (maybe a paper round)

A lottery syndicate here at the university had a big win - worked out at £300,000 each. And shortly thereafter an individual won £600,000 (and she's still working here).

bring back an old post but would you leave work with £600k? if i pay of my mortgage ive got about £400k left. At 5% the rest would earn me about 20k per year which i could probably live on but id be a bit bored. Would hardly be holiday after holiday and flash cars.

I think i'd need about 3m from the lottery to fund the sort of life style id like. Id probably still have to have a work interest to keep me sane (maybe a paper round)

We should start a thread called "Things you would do if you won the lottery"

Terrible Us.

Camen, you must be able to do better than that.

Booo! :x ;) That was even worse!

:lol:

I like the sound of the lottery one. Would need at least 4m to leave my job.

start the thread legov, not to get people to list where theyd buy a house or what car theyd get thats been done before

but what is an interesting discussion in my office is how much would you have to win to quit your job, alot of the older guys laugh when i say if i won under £2m i dont think id be able to quit work altogether

£2million for me and then work will get the middle finger.

Going back to 'watches', after my ideas were ripped apart i had a rethink and settled for the 'cheapish but many' route so instead of spending £60 on one watch ive bought 4 for £40 :lol:

went for a few of those old retro casio's in green & blue and a few breo's in white, i realise i dont need 4 watches and that it may be stretching into gok style 'accessorising' :P but summers nearly here so bollocks to it.

Going back to 'watches', after my ideas were ripped apart i had a rethink and settled for the 'cheapish but many' route so instead of spending £60 on one watch ive bought 4 for £40

A better deal if you buy one at a time instead of 4 at one go, that way they don't stop working at the same time ;)

talking of lottery wins and watches, last year a guy i work with who collects good ones was browsing the net when he came across this beauty -

Jacob-Co.-%E2%80%9CQuenttin-Red-Magnesium%E2%80%9D-No.1018-2007.jpg

magnesium coils or some jazz, said to me if thats under £5k im getting one all excited, its £165k! safe to say he didnt get one

talking of lottery wins and watches, last year a guy i work with who collects good ones was browsing the net when he came across this beauty -

Jacob-Co.-%E2%80%9CQuenttin-Red-Magnesium%E2%80%9D-No.1018-2007.jpg

magnesium coils or some jazz, said to me if thats under £5k im getting one all excited, its £165k! safe to say he didnt get one

Just so I understand. It's 12:36?

yes i think so, on the 31st!

i like it but when you see a picture of someone wearing one its not exactly small, im sure that if you buy one they send a private jet out to take you over to the workshop to watch it being finished

still its better than those shit primary colours / diamond encrusted ones the footballers like

Â