General Chat

Stevo985

I've started learning to drive and I've found out so has my cousin... got to beat her! I'll beat her if it's the last thing I do! :x

Really!? Danny it seems like she is trying to annoy you now. :evil:

Ha, great Golden ball strategy. Bloke just said..."I'm stealing and I give you my word I'll split with you after the show"...bloke obviously said stop being stupid, but kept going, good logic...well if you steal anyway, you're going to lose so just trust me and give yourself of winning half....took him right till end but the guy finally convinced the other person to split....before the person who said he'd steal just went with split...(as did the other person who was basically forced into splitting)...clever.

She's a neighbour, she said get it fixed and send her the bill.

id get the insurance companies involved. Especially with a neighbour involved. You'll end up running around trying to find fair quotes. Not your business. Yo want the best garage not the best price, and your car picked up, and a replacement.

id get the insurance companies involved. Especially with a neighbour involved. You'll end up running around trying to find fair quotes. Not your business. Yo want the best garage not the best price, and your car picked up, and a replacement.

Just been to see a local mechanic, he's pretty good. He's given me a quote of £350 but is busy for 2 weeks, no bother really I can wait.

I'll pop over and give her the good news later, I don't think she has the foggiest clue it's going to be that much, I think she has £50 quid in her head, so I'd better see her reaction before going ahead. She might want to do it on insurance - if she has any...

If she gets funny about the price I'll get a Renault approved dealer quote, see how that sits! It needs a new wing, it needs to be sprayed and blended into the door, the corner of the bumper straightening too.

I've started learning to drive and I've found out so has my cousin... got to beat her! I'll beat her if it's the last thing I do! :x

Well I knew she intended to learn at some point but she kept telling me "Don't tell anyone, I don't want anyone to know" so fair enough, I don't say anything, then it turns out she tells everyone and then starts learning, yet still doesn't say anything to me, I found it out through everyone else.

I really can't be bothered with cousins anymore. I considered her my best friend then she just kind of goes odd on me, one hasn't even spoken to me the last two times I've seen her, another one I emailed to congratulate her on her pregnancy, not even a reply, another cousin who is really great but now I'm just wary of them all so I expect her to just turn as well and the rest? phhhh...

If they expect me at their weddings and crap they can forget it.

Well I knew she intended to learn at some point but she kept telling me "Don't tell anyone, I don't want anyone to know" so fair enough, I don't say anything, then it turns out she tells everyone and then starts learning, yet still doesn't say anything to me, I found it out through everyone else.

I really can't be bothered with cousins anymore. I considered her my best friend then she just kind of goes odd on me, one hasn't even spoken to me the last two times I've seen her, another one I emailed to congratulate her on her pregnancy, not even a reply, another cousin who is really great but now I'm just wary of them all so I expect her to just turn as well and the rest? phhhh...

Well I am sorry they suck but I'm glad you are putting your foot down.

:thumb:

Well I am sorry they suck but I'm glad you are putting your foot down.

:thumb:

Thanks, maybe at the next family gathering I should just stand up and shout "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!" a la Network

Just been to see a local mechanic, he's pretty good. He's given me a quote of £350 but is busy for 2 weeks, no bother really I can wait.

I'll pop over and give her the good news later, I don't think she has the foggiest clue it's going to be that much, I think she has £50 quid in her head, so I'd better see her reaction before going ahead. She might want to do it on insurance - if she has any...

If she gets funny about the price I'll get a Renault approved dealer quote, see how that sits! It needs a new wing, it needs to be sprayed and blended into the door, the corner of the bumper straightening too.

Just knocked on their door, told her husband how much. He said 'you're joking'. I said no, do you still want to pay or do it on the insurance? He said 'I'll get back to you'. Two mins later he's out checking my car them goes back in. Telephone rings, 'I'm not happy with that quote' he said. 'Can I have another'. I explained the mechanic was an excellent mechanic who did me a really good price and I refused to get another quote. He's decided he's doing it through insurance.

Never had to do this before as I've never hit anybody or been hit until now. What will I have to do? Will I need more quotes? Will this cost me more time and money??

I'm a bit pissed off really about the manner that he spoke to me, I was polite and even apologised about the price, but he was just giving me grief. So I just said, 'look, you're wife hit my parked car, I've gone out of my way to get a good price when I could have gone to a more expensive garage, £350 is the bill end of.

Going through insurance means your insurance company will now get a quote from a garage they trust. Most likely a main dealer. Which benefits her insurance company too because it means they can bump up her premium by more money next year for having to pay out the higher cost. In the long run it's probably in her interests not to go through insurance, depending on her age/premium.

Had a strange situation in a lecture today - we had a hypothetical scenario in which the lecturer asked a British student of Pakistani descent 'What would you spend x amount of money on?' and he said 'to watch the cricket' to which lecturer retorted 'Would that be Pakistan or England?' (There were a few joking shouts of 'racist' from a group of girls behind me (also British but of Pakistani descent)) and the lad said 'England'. The same girls behind me seemed horrified and went 'Why would he support England?' to which one of them replied 'Because he's a coconut'..

Now.. I've no idea whether that is meant as literally as it sounds (white on the inside etc etc.).. has anyone heard that term used before? I honestly never have.

Only about my chocolate loving dad. My mum says he's a "coacoa nut" or a "coconut" as a running family joke. And you wonder why I'm like I am.

Had a strange situation in a lecture today - we had a hypothetical scenario in which the lecturer asked a British student of Pakistani descent 'What would you spend x amount of money on?' and he said 'to watch the cricket' to which lecturer retorted 'Would that be Pakistan or England?' (There were a few joking shouts of 'racist' from a group of girls behind me (also British but of Pakistani descent)) and the lad said 'England'. The same girls behind me seemed horrified and went 'Why would he support England?' to which one of them replied 'Because he's a coconut'..

Now.. I've no idea whether that is meant as literally as it sounds (white on the inside etc etc.).. has anyone heard that term used before? I honestly never have.

My Brother-In-Law refers to himself as a Vice-Versa (remember those?) for the same reason.

I think that as the number of ethnically Asian cricketers playing for England increases, so will the number of "coconut" :) fans. It'll all work itself out in time, if we don't all blow each other up first.

I wonder why it isn't happening (to any great extent) in football? :detect:

Going through insurance means your insurance company will now get a quote from a garage they trust. Most likely a main dealer. Which benefits her insurance company too because it means they can bump up her premium by more money next year for having to pay out the higher cost. In the long run it's probably in her interests not to go through insurance, depending on her age/premium.
Someone has obviously got to see the damage on my car to get a quote, how does that work?

Â