General Chat

Stevo985

Another decent blonde ellie goulding .....3 years ago yes but now im not sure .....shes bigger biceps than me 

I always thought she was kind of cute....now, she lookah like a maaaaaaaaaaaaan. But don't some of you dudes go for that anyway?

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/sep/18/bbc-presenter-broadcast-paper-ipad?CMP=OTCNETTXT8115

BBC presenter does live broadcast clutching stack of paper instead of iPad

Simon McCoy baffles viewers by presenting news item after accidentally picking up refill pack of A4

Simon-McCoy-mistakes-pape-008.jpg

It is a blunder worthy of fictional broadcasters Ron Burgundy or Alan Partridge, but BBC News presenter Simon McCoy outdid both characters on Wednesday when he presented a report while carrying a stack of photocopier paper – after mistaking it for an iPad.

The 51-year-old broadcaster was fronting a live piece to camera from the BBC newsroom when he picked up a refill pack of A4 paper instead of his more high-tech prop.

Instead of acknowledging his mistake and swapping the items, McCoy carried on with the report with the batch of paper clearly visible in his hands.

His unfortunate error was broadcast in all its glory with a full-length shot, prompting baffled viewers to take to Twitter. "Haha! was he on mornings by any chance?" said Simon Davies. "Why is @simonmccoy using a pack of printer paper as his iPad???" tweeted Steve Holden.

A BBC spokeswoman later explained: "This morning as Simon McCoy was preparing to introduce this story, instead of picking up his tablet to hold as he went to air, he mistakenly picked up a ream of paper that was sitting next to it.

"In the rush of live news, he didn't have an opportunity to swap the items, so simply went with it."

It is not the first time McCoy has been caught out by live television. Last year the BBC News presenter was caught resting his head on the presenting desk after what looked like a quick snooze on the early morning shift.

In March, McCoy tumbled over his words while presenting a live piece on pandas at Edinburgh zoo.

More recently the presenter was praised by some for his "refreshingly honest" live coverage from outside St Mary's hospital as the world waited for the birth of Prince George, the son of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

"Plenty more to come from here, of course. None of it news because that will come from Buckingham Palace. But that won't stop us," he told viewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BU19RDaM0I

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Peter Holmes Woods (7 November 1930 – 22 March 1995) was a British journalist, reporter and newsreader. He was regarded as one of the most famous members of the BBC in the Broadcasting network's history. He is father of BBC broadcaster Justin Webb

He is best known for his television work with for BBC News on Newsroom initially as a reporter but also as a newsreader from the 1960s until the early 1980s. He was the first newsreader to broadcast in colour on BBC2, in News Room.[1]In 1976, he slurred his words on the early evening news. Viewers phoned in to complain that Woods was drunk, but his difficulties were blamed on medication for sinus problems.[1]

Wiki

I saw the broadcast in question at the time, it was hilarious - he was quite clearly shitfaced. He was actually taken off air while a film clip was playing, and somebody came off the subs bench to finish the bulletin.

Not long afterward I met someone who worked at the Beeb and was there on the night, and they told me he'd been in the bar for some hours beforehand, and when he got taken off he went right back in there, downed another couple of pints, and then drove home!

Don't think he ever read the news again.

Eliza Doolittle. 

I'm addicted to looking at pictures of her.

Help.

needless to say as a 12% I had to look her up

I've perved over better tbh

I had to Mooney that one too.

Eliza Dushku is hotter

• Like 2

Â