General Chat

Stevo985

There's an awful lot of crap written about Absinthe, so I empathise with you wading through it all. I've had a couple and this was my favourite by a **** mile and then some, however on that link they give it 3/100. It reminded me most of Salmiakki Koskenkorva if you've ever had that.

I guess, like whisky or brandy there's so much depth (Would you give someone Lagavulin for their first whisky?) and whilst the purists will go for one sort, numpty me will go for something very different. I also have a bottle of this on my shelf which is absolutely **** rank. I've tried everything to make it not taste like meths (whereas the other one I could drink neat). I've had times when we've been up all night caning all kinds of liquids, pills and powders but that thing remained untouched.

Funnily enough that Fee Verte was the site that put me off the La Fée brand, they essentially hated it (not quite at 3/100 mind ;)).

Funnily back home a mate brought some of that exact 3/100 stuff round mine before a night out once, and while I didn't have any the impression wasn't good, and I was actually thinking it wasn't absinthe at all actually, just bloody strong alcohol with the name slapped on it. Seems I was wrong. All I do know about that is the vomit on my shirt shorly after my mate had some (amongst other things) tells me it was strong.

According to that site, amongst the best you can get is called Jade Edouard, which on closer inspection costs about £56 a bottle. Now, I don't want to be cheap or anything, but I'm not paying that much.

Seems I'm gonna have to wade through more crap (and you're right, theres a shitload of it out there) to find the right one. Hopefully I'll find a decent sweet spot on the quality/price range sharpish.

Cheers though Anthony (y).

In other news managed to drag myself through an essay on the resurgence of religion in international relations... if I never write secularism/Turkey/Iran again it'll be too soon.

Happy birthday ClaretMahoney.

With the end of uni career coming up I've spent agood hour or so tonight looking at buying a bottle of absinthe, since my circle of friends have long said we'd like to try it (the proper stuff, or at least as proper as it gets these days, as opposed to the stuff that's just high alcohol spirits with the name slapped on the front).

absinthe-533x400.jpg

I am so proud of myself, I am cooking much more recently (thanks also to everyone who has advised me on things in the VT cooking thread)

Last night I cooked Trim a chicken pasta bake - with all the grilled cheese and crisp goodness with a wicked balsamic dressed side salad and garlic ciabatta. (I even dotted a heart on his plate with balsamic before I plated up) :D

Enjoying cooking much more now - I really feel I am getting somewhere.

A client has just signed off a design without any amendments. I think I might need to go and have a lie down.
Stevie Wonder? 8)

:-)

Haven't you got a flight to catch? :mrgreen:

A client has just signed off a design without any amendments. I think I might need to go and have a lie down.
Stevie Wonder? 8)

:-)

Haven't you got a flight to catch? :mrgreen:

:nod:

Ian ALWAYS has a flight to catch ....

In fact, if ID cards ever came in, Ian wouldn't need one, as "the govt" would be able to track his movements simply from his posts on VT :)

Lucky bastard.

Following a six-year engagement, Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher officially tied the knot a week ago in a low key wedding in Paris, Woman's Day is reporting.

The privacy loving couple invited only a few close friends and family members to the traditional Jewish ceremony on March 15. They became engaged in 2004 and have a 2-year-old daughter, Olive.

"We did it -- we're married!" Fisher, best known for her role in 'Wedding Crashers,' wrote in an e-mail to friends. "It was the absolute best day of my life and in so many beautiful moments I missed you all so much."

Fisher said the she and the 'Borat' star "wanted no fuss" in explaining why they did not invite more people.

Well we did the 'ashes thing' today for my aunt, scattering them and that (not some kind of Oz vs Eng cricket match in her honour). What an anti-climax to someones life, being thrown over a garden. When I go I wanna be bbq'ed or seomthing, get some use out of the fire at least.

Also found out we had another heartattack in the family last night, my ma's uncle. So that's 3 heart attacks to friends and family in 6 months, fuckerys man! I'm gonna get someone to check my food before I eat it going forward. Too many heart attacks maaaan.

Worlds Wildest Police Videos is such an awesome show. I always love the peaceful protests that descend into riots. Everyone just loses their **** minds for some little reason that means nothing in real life terms.

IE, the riot just on there now - a peaceful protest against a telephone company turned into a full scale riot because they charged too much for some phone call :D.

Sorry to hear about all that trim.

I've wondered how I want to be forgotten. I always thought that being cremated was kinda grotesque, but I do like the idea of having my ashes spread. So go figure. My mom wants to be cremated and wants her ashes flown over a lake that she loves here in South Dakota.

Having a funeral is expensive and the last thing I want my family and friends to worry about is who is gunna punt the cash to see my ugly ass buried!

Just fixed my internet so that I can download torrents and surf the net. My ISP throttles torrents and i'd get a max download speed of 30kb, but some guy on boards.ie told me to the disable the IP Flood Protection on the router and it works great now. Delighted.

Just fixed my internet so that I can download torrents and surf the net. My ISP throttles torrents and i'd get a max download speed of 30kb, but some guy on boards.ie told me to the disable the IP Flood Protection on the router and it works great now. Delighted.

You do know a lot of torrents are illegal, right?

8)

I'm in my mid 20s but can't get a full erection when im about to have sex . Can anyone help :cry: :cry: :cry: This is embarassing, please don't laugh/take the piss.

CarewsEyebrowDeseigner has fairly low rates at this time of the year.

It might be because they ain't on the toilet when you shag em?

Althought that may sound like i'm taking the piss (not literally...calm it) there is some truth in it, how can you get excited for something which you aren't particularly interested in? I.e if it's just you and some chick naked then you can't blame yourself as you might need something more to stimulate you.

Like me, i need a girl to cut my ballsack open before i can get a hard one.

I'm in my mid 20s but can't get a full erection when im about to have sex . Can anyone help :cry: :cry: :cry: This is embarassing, please don't laugh/take the piss.

Okay well these things happen lets remember we dont have full control over our biology. Some questions:

Does it happen when you drink?

Does it happen out of nervousness you think?*

Alot of what you eat can affect how you body works. Look at that guy that ate McDonalds for a month, he couldnt get "it" up!

Try not to think about the act you are about to perform, well err i mean think about it just dont focus on it too much. Focus on her, and getting her off. Most women dont even climax from penetration anyways so...yea...remember that. Good luck with all that mate, I think its happened to all of us at one point or anther, whether we like to admit it or not.

*Disregard all of this message if in fact you were trying to bang her while she was dropping a deuce on the toilet! ;)

Â