Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

... The problems he faced? As soon as he left Chelsea they immediately improved ... If Di Matteo was there from the start of the season, Chelsea would of been higher then 6th, and would of got more then 64 points. ...

In the league they didn't improve - they got worse: their average points-per-game declined under the new manager.

This makes a nonsense of your claim that "If Di Matteo was there from the start of the season, Chelsea would of been higher then 6th"

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People on the previous page saying that modrics replacement being sigurdsson ? sigurdssons basically a poor mans van der vaart (even though i think sigurdssons class aswell !) how would you fit them both in the starting 11 along with buying another striker now that adebayors gone back to citeh ... ?

How do you feel about getting Chelsea's failed, reject manager?

I'd be happy with AVB.

His record in the league at Chelski was better than that of his replacement ... and at Spurs he won't have the problems he faced with players like Terry, Lampard (etc) who clearly believe that their say should count for more than the managers. Nor will he have the problem of an interfering club owner.

All managerial appointments are a gamble. This is one I'm glad Spurs are willing to make.

The problems he faced? As soon as he left Chelsea they immediately improved and went on to win many trophies. If Di Matteo was there from the start of the season, Chelsea would of been higher then 6th, and would of got more then 64 points. The problems at Chlsea were as much about his man management style as it was about Terry, Lampard and Drogba trying to have their say in the dressing room. I hope AVB goes to Spurs.

I was being facetious with my question as you can see him as a failure, or that he was failed by his team, depending how you look at it. None of us know for sure.

I'd certainly have been happy to see him pitch up at VP, but it'll be interesting to see how he performs in his next role. He's very, very young and whilst Villa were in a position to be able to take an AVB shaped gamble the consequences for Spurs if he upsets the squad and/or they don't get CL footy again could be massive.

It'll be an interesting sideshow to the season.

Does Dos Santos have a ten year contract at Spurs or something? He signed in 2008 so it must be running out sooner or later...

From memory he didn't do much on loan at Ipswich.

One year left of his contract.

Scored 4 goals in 8 games for Ipswich,

their fans loved him

Found his level, you think?

Not at all, was far too good for the Championship.

No doubt he's good enough for Premier League,

question is whether it fit him - also he need a manager with faith in him that play to his strenghts as he has weaknesses in his game.

Not a jack of all trades - he has extreme qualities, and some weaknesses.

I was ITK about the Bale contract 2 days ago :D I wish I was ITK about something I actually gave a shit about, like Villa :?

Modric is off to Real Madrid.

Player plus cash seems likely.

Levy wants 50M euros for him lol...Spurs don't sell their players for cheap.

No, they certainly don't. And nor should they. Modric ain't worth £50m but it's not a stupid number either. He's in that ballpark. £40m would be the top value I'd put on him. So a seller's markup of 25% is about right.

Rumours were going about that Spurs might break their pretty rigid wage structure over these next few weeks and put a couple of players on wages over 100k a week. I reckon that is certainly the case with Bale, or else I would not have seem him extending. And then the fact that they have appeared to hijack the Sigurdsson move from Liverpool. I know they are in a very good state financially, but breaking their wage structure like that, if they in fact are, is very risky if they do not get Champs League within a year or so. Although I reckon if they get a massive fee for Modric, it could easily alleviate most of that problem.

Rumours were going about that Spurs might break their pretty rigid wage structure over these next few weeks and put a couple of players on wages over 100k a week. I reckon that is certainly the case with Bale, or else I would not have seem him extending. And then the fact that they have appeared to hijack the Sigurdsson move from Liverpool. I know they are in a very good state financially, but breaking their wage structure like that, if they in fact are, is very risky if they do not get Champs League within a year or so. Although I reckon if they get a massive fee for Modric, it could easily alleviate most of that problem.

Will they get CL without Modric? I doubt it.

Will they get CL without Modric? I doubt it.

Wouldnt suprise me if they went for Moutinho to replace him, with AVB being spurs new manager.

... The problems he faced? As soon as he left Chelsea they immediately improved ... If Di Matteo was there from the start of the season, Chelsea would of been higher then 6th, and would of got more then 64 points. ...

In the league they didn't improve - they got worse: their average points-per-game declined under the new manager.

This makes a nonsense of your claim that "If Di Matteo was there from the start of the season, Chelsea would of been higher then 6th"

Although this is true, but only because Di Matteo rested players towards the end of the season because of the cups. They lost games against Newcastle and Liverpool with servery weakened teams.

I think AVB has potential, but i still think hes to young.

Rumours were going about that Spurs might break their pretty rigid wage structure over these next few weeks and put a couple of players on wages over 100k a week. I reckon that is certainly the case with Bale, or else I would not have seem him extending.

Bales stock is not as high as it was in 2010/2011 when he was destroying the best defences in Europe. Many Spurs fans I know were getting frustrated with him because he was greedy and always uses the same old trick to try and go past players. Some of the bigger teams domestically and abroad who were interested in him before bo longer are. So if he was to move, it would either be a sideways or downwards move. So he probably thinks he might as well stay put.

It's only natural to be honest, for all Premier League clubs, that there'll be a raise in wages this summer. With the increase of tv income after the new deal.

Â