Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Derby County sacked John Gregory (but that may because it involved them) and IIRC, it was years before he got a job in some obscure corner of the Med.

they sacked him over some misconduct charge (something related to training methods if i recall ) ..the court case was about them not paying him and it was settled out of court ..once it was settled he managed QPR after Derby .. kept them up when they were dead certs to get relegated and then got the boot when the new owners came in

hasn't done well In Israel or Kazakhstan though ....

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get all this hatred many Villa fans aim at Arry

He's done nothing to us other than usually do well with his teams down B6, green eyed envy perhaps ?

& so what if he's tried to swerve HMRC, who wouldn't, fair play to Arry, let's hope he gets through this

I don't get all this hatred many Villa fans aim at Arry

He's done nothing to us other than usually do well with his teams down B6, green eyed envy perhaps ?

& so what if he's tried to swerve HMRC, who wouldn't, fair play to Arry, let's hope he gets through this

Three reasons come to mind quite quickly:

Taunting of our fans

Criticisng our fans

Tapping up other teams players live on TV.

The difference is that the crimes Redknapp is accused of didn't happen while he was their manager, a small but important difference.

Even if found guilty, which on the weight of the evidence heard so far I would expect, I don't think his position as Spurs manager is under threat.

As for England, they can't really rule a manager out for having a conviction when half the squad have them.

Forgive me, but I think you have missed the point.

It is not important that Harry committed the deed prior to joining Spurs. The big difference in the George Graham case, was that his 'backhander' effectively stole money from the Arsenal coffers... something Arsenal could never forgive.

Assuming Harry is found guilty, which looks probable; if Harry only gets fined, then Tottenham will simply brush this under the carpet as a taxation misunderstanding or minor misdemeanour.

On the other hand, if he does time, he will surely have to go.

There is putting your Macdonalds lunch through as business expenses and there is putting 400k into a foreign account to pay sod all on it.
Potayto potahto.

He's paying millions a year in tax already

Good luck to him for trying to hide a few bob

He pays more than his fair share

As for taunting our fans that was probably after he'd been barracked and abused non stop !!

As for taunting our fans that was probably after he'd been barracked and abused non stop !!

What about the tapping up of players and criticising of fans (not just ours).

'm not saying the taunts from him weren't unjust, and to be honest couldn't care, as it's banter, just wanted to point out why fans don't like him. Nothing to do with how he's clubs perform against us.

Are you literally Jamie Redknapp?

Sorry I just don't get the anger aimed at him from certain Villa fans ???

is it haterd? if most Villa fans were honest I suspect they'd like to see Arry as England manager. I also suspect if he was ever linked with us they would want him here. I see it as banter but gone a bit too far at times. My annoyance with him is his blatant tapping up of players in his interviews with the press.

He also complains about the chants sang at footy games. But yet he don't mind standing just feet away from children during a game swearing til his blue in the face. Hypocrite.

395 pages suggest its more than just "banter"

More like an unhealthy obsession

Maybe you're right, but I can see why he gets more stick than most.

I do find it funny how he gives out speeches on morals and how peopel should behave, while he's got these charges over his head.

Whilst Black Beauty will always be a dark horse his high horse is turning into a Shetland pony. :-)

if most Villa fans were honest I suspect they'd like to see Arry as England manager.

Nope. No-one I'd rather get the job less.

I also suspect if he was ever linked with us they would want him here. I see it as banter but gone a bit too far at times.

Absolutely not. Never, ever ever.

Ever.

Ever ever. EVER

What a **** ridiculous post.

Not that I'm surprised given the author.

Â